08-22-08, 07:16 PM   #1
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
MazzleUI's demise

As an old time MazzleUI player, who has changed permanently to ArkiveUI im actually sad.

Sad to see Mazzle has become what it is now.

Saw a thread here with some sRaidframe error - answer was - you updated sraidframes - new one doesent work.
and there are plenty more that cant take an update - bongos, autobar just to name a few.

How that GREAT ui(cause it was truely the best ui - no contest) has become the bottomscaper shadow of an ui that was so great once - it's a sin.

Why doesent Mazzle just pull the plug on it is beyond me.

/Smirge

08-23-08, 01:37 AM   #2
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Why doesent Mazzle just pull the plug on it is beyond me.
I think you mis the point.
MazzleUI is an community also and you can't
just pull the plug on a community.

As an old time MazzleUI player, who has changed permanently to ArkiveUI im actually sad.
Good for you . But i don't see why we all should know what UI you use.

Sad to see Mazzle has become what it is now.
Why ? It is an community helping people that still use this UI and even Mazzle himself logs on frequently.

Saw a thread here with some sRaidframe error - answer was - you updated sraidframes - new one doesent work.
and there are plenty more that cant take an update - bongos, autobar just to name a few.
Maybe insert a link to the relevant threads so people can see them ?
And yea a lot of the custom parts are being discussed / fixed by this community.

How that GREAT ui(cause it was truely the best ui - no contest) has become the bottomscaper shadow of an ui that was so great once - it's a sin.
I'd say it's still a great UI tho it's not the easiest to install and maintain.
However you refer to it as an "bottomscaper shadow of an ui that was so great once".
I can't say you are right seeing there is an whole community still using this UI and for those it's still a lot of use.

- Regards Viciusan

08-23-08, 06:59 AM   #3
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Point taken - and thanx for not just flaming away, but actually argue a bit

it's just that the last 3 coders who was connected up into the UI trying to fix it seems to have vanished.

If it's because of the sheer workload of having to look litterally thousands and thousands of code through, i can understand them.

But as far as the end user goes, it's very difficult if not even impossible to start an installation from scratch and end up with an errorfree UI environment.

Now - if Mazzlefizz won't pull the plug - why doesent she at least try and correct the code ?

Not even Microsoft makes some code, and then after that elaves it up to the community to correct and fix. Yes there are some bright heads sometimes that code a fix here and there, but where are they now ?

Dont get me wrong, i dont mean to offend people - not at all, but it has come to be my personal opinion that Mazzlefizz can't program the code herself. It is no secret that the fabulous Tigerheart(God rest his soul) made a ton of code into Mazzle, and now she cant see her way out of it.

If the code is being put forth in to remember tiger, it's admirable. But it still leaves a whole community using this UI in the dark as more and more addons simply cant be updated

Or they can, but then it wont work.

im not at all angry or mad - a bit dissapointed maybe, bum mostly just sad. i LOVE the UI, but it's come to the point now that i'd rather have the updated versions of the addons(which the ui im using now has pretty much the same - or similar), and it is no secret that should a version of Mazzle emerge 100% updated and 100% errorfree, im gonna change back faster than anyone can say 'turncoat'

You say that the addons are being discussed and/or fixed - sorry ti burst your bubble - it's not fixing. It's putting a bandaid on an amputated leg.

Again - im not here to offend someone in any way or order. Just here to express my well - feelings

/Smirge

Last edited by Smirge : 08-23-08 at 07:02 AM.

08-23-08, 10:22 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quite simply, Smirge, you have no idea what you're talking about on several fronts. You know nothing about Tigerheart or what I think at all. Rest assured that I will give your thoughts the weight they deserve.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI's demise