06-26-19, 02:06 AM   #1
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Dorwido seems really gone this time...

A few months ago I posted asking about someone taking up his addons, and then he reappeared on curse. Well, I just went looking to report something, and none of his addons are showing up on curse, nor any (sub)string of the name Dorwido. He'd renamed his addons "Wido's $" where $ was the name of the addon - for example, Wido's Flight Master Enhanced and Times. It looks like he's removed all his projects and deleted his account.

Of his addons, the ones I use are Flight Master Enhanced and Times, WoW Token Watch, and Explorer's Coords - the latter of which is throwing errors, but still sort of works as far as I can tell. Flight Master Enhanced is flaky. I haven't been able to get on wow enough since the patch to know if token watch is working - it only updates if the price changes, which doesn't always happen quickly.

When he'd reappeared on Curse, I'd asked him if he'd update here, and he said he had no interest in it. Unfortunately for me, I'm incompetent as a coder. I can provide the most recent versions of those addons.

Is anyone willing to take them over? Or, if there is ethical problems with doing that, recreate the functionality?
Thanks!
-Barleduq
06-26-19, 02:30 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
He probably doesn't wish for them to be "taken over" if he had them removed from circulation.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-05-19, 08:29 PM   #3
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Actually, he didn't remove them from here

Older versions of Dorwido's addons are still on this site, under the name DarkStarX in addition to Dorwido. For what it's worth.

My request still stands - is anyone willing to re-create the functionality of his addons? Or point me to addons that have the same functionality?

I haven't found another flight addon that adds a list to the side of the flight map so you can find the name alphabetically. (which I actually use a lot, when I can't figure out which flight dot is the correct one.)

I haven't found another wow token price tracker addon that is being updated currently that auto-updates a display. There is one on curse/twitch that's being updated, that shows price on login, and then you have to manually check it. There's one older one that has a LDB feed. The other ones there are either even older, or have usernames that I'm guessing indicate no activity for a long time, or deleted accounts. (ForgeUser#######). There's one other than Dorwido's here, that hasn't been updated since 2015.

Dorwido's Explorer Coords put dots on the minimap (and on the edge for direction) for locations you hadn't found yet, helping with exploration achievements. (I don't recall if it put them on the world map also, I'm not logged in right now to check and it's throwing errors anyway.) GIven Blizz's penchant for requiring that for flying metas, it's EXTREMELY useful. I haven't found another with the same functionality.

I'm happy to toss some (unfortunately small) amount of money at an author, and even happier to join a patreon for someone doing addons.

Unfortunately, my attempts at Lua coding have failed miserably - following lines of logic through code is beyond me anymore.

-Barleduq
07-05-19, 09:19 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you have an event frame and a space in your UI for the token FontString (.TokenText in this case), this should give you what you want for that part.

Lua Code:
  1. local function GetTokenPrice(self)
  2.     local Price = C_WowTokenPublic.GetCurrentMarketPrice()
  3.     if not Price then
  4.         self:SetText("N/A")
  5.         return
  6.     end
  7.     Price = tonumber(string.sub(Price, 1, string.len(Price)-4))
  8.     self:SetText("|TInterface\\ICONS\\Wow_Token01:0:0:2:0|t"..FormatLargeNumber(Price).."|TInterface\\MoneyFrame\\UI-GoldIcon:0:0:2:0|t")
  9. end
  11. -- frame event with FontString (TokenText)
  12. if event == "TOKEN_MARKET_PRICE_UPDATED" or event == "PLAYER_LOGIN" then
  13.     GetTokenPrice(self.TokenText)
  14. end
07-07-19, 11:02 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Barleduq View Post
I haven't found another flight addon that adds a list to the side of the flight map so you can find the name alphabetically. (which I actually use a lot, when I can't figure out which flight dot is the correct one.)
This one doesn't show a sidebar or list, but it definitely aids in navigation and selecting the correct flight path by changing how they are shown.

WorldFlightMap

Dorwido's Explorer Coords put dots on the minimap (and on the edge for direction) for locations you hadn't found yet, helping with exploration achievements. (I don't recall if it put them on the world map also, I'm not logged in right now to check and it's throwing errors anyway.) GIven Blizz's penchant for requiring that for flying metas, it's EXTREMELY useful. I haven't found another with the same functionality.
Some alternate options both with tooltips and dots.

HandyNotesUniversalExplorerl

Tz-Explorer
07-30-19, 06:31 PM   #6
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Barleduq View Post
I haven't found another wow token price tracker addon that is being updated currently that auto-updates a display. There is one on curse/twitch that's being updated, that shows price on login, and then you have to manually check it. There's one older one that has a LDB feed.
I've been using LDB feed for token prices from Broker Everything for a couple of years now. Currently being updated here only, unfortunately.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Dorwido seems really gone this time...