11-08-11, 07:27 PM   #1
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Set a DecurseColor?

I decided to adjust the Healthbar Colors to be ClassColors and that's working fine for me, and now need a way to know when a Unit is Debuffed with Poison, Curses, etc... I would do a Debuff Aura Border in Pitbull 4, but here I'm trying to get it accomplished any way I can.

Any help? I was thinking of using the NamePlate Bar, which is currently doing nothing for me... and instead of removing it I was hoping to have it be slightly transparent as I have it now, and have it light up a bar in the Curse / Poison, etc... color. I see the Decurse Color Variable, but don't seem to be able to get it to work, I know I'm doin' something wrong.
11-09-11, 05:47 AM   #2
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
do your unitframes use a border by default ?
you could use the 'Backdrop Border: Colorizer' feature to use it as a debuff indicator (thats what i did in my raidframes).
you create a 'Color Conditional' variable that changes depending on a 'Unit In Set' variable, then use the Backdrop Border Colorizer to apply that color to the unitframes border.

do you use some of the downloadable ui packages or a full custom ui ?
its a bit difficult to guess how the unitframe you are trying to change is working, if it is a custom created unitframe/design a backup file would help to understand how it works.

/edit
found your recovery file in your other post, i think you are talking about the Raid_Main_ds file ?
what i did in my raidframe was using multiple conditional color variables to produce a 'priority coloring' of the border (@magic [blue] > @disease [green] > hasaggro [red] > 'nothing' [white])
thats like 3 conditional colors:
conditional1: @magic, true = blue, false = conditional2
conditional2: @disease, true = green, false = conditional3
conditional3: hasaggro, true = red, false = white

you could create a secondary border and use that for debuffs only and hide it if no debuffs, so you could see the aggro and debuff indicators at the same time.

Last edited by Brainn : 11-09-11 at 06:11 AM.
11-09-11, 08:23 AM   #3
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Aha, I didn't 'set' anything... I'm working with my unit frame first, no raid frame editing just yet, but once I have this part figured out, I can move forward, lol.

I moved the varDecurse Color thing in it, and change the color border to it... but I never set individual colors for each type. I'll go try to figure that out now, so much work to do to get this thing done.

Edit: Sigg built me the base of that UI so I could start learning more easily how to work with OpenRDX. I didn't change much on the Unit Frame other than removing the Class Icon because it wasn't showing for NPCs and caused an ugly gap. I also resized the bars and changed the texture of the border, but never dove into any functional changes.

I would try to build one from scratch, but I'm still learning the basics of editing. If I could have the Aggro / Debuff Indicator coloring in the border at the same time, that would be friggin' awesome and I bet my users would love that approach.

Last edited by Bornabe : 11-09-11 at 09:11 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Set a DecurseColor?