12-27-09, 01:44 PM   #1
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
Using Quest log to grab rep.

So, I started this insane game with my Gnome - gain exalted w/IronForge before purchasing a mount. (I know, I know)

Anyway. I'm 40 now (87% Revered), and need to use the quest database to see what's left to do.

Question: Is there anyway to view the quests completed in an area that you are not currently in?

T.I.A.

12-27-09, 04:44 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The best way to see what quest's are completed is to just look at any zone on the map. If there are parchment icons in that zone, then you have quests to do. If there are no parchment icons on the map in a zone, that means you have none you can do.

This is of course providing you have "Show Quest Givers" turned on

12-27-09, 06:17 PM   #3
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
That's a good work around. Thank you. I wish I could pull it up in the quest window, but that will get the job done.

I'll turn it on when I'm looking for more rep quests.

Thank you very much.

12-27-09, 06:27 PM   #4
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
Just in case someone may have a better idea how to go about what I'm doing, let me tell you my process at this point.

I pull up all the Ironforge faction quests in Wowhead. I sort it by most rep gained.

Then I go through the list, starting at the top and then when I find a quest that is within my level to do, I open the map, mouse over every single parchment on the zone area to determine if I've done it or not yet.

Needless to say, I'd much prefer to look at a list for the zone, but flying to each zone as I go down WoWhead's list is too time consuming. I've also tried sorting by zone and then flying there, but again I wish I just could pull up another zone's history list in Carbonite's quest pane.

Thank you all for reading and TIA for any suggestions.

Oh, and 92% Revered! I'm close! <jumps up and down>

12-27-09, 06:56 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For everyday Faction info, with repeatable quests, and item turnins (cloth works real well for ally factions) I also use an addon called Factionizer. Well worth a look.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ctionizer.aspx

And the easiest way to get rep with all the major factions....do each races starting zone quests, they give rep with all

Another thing, if Carbonite is showing Parchment icons, it means you have not done a quest or part of a quest. Here's a screenshot to show exactly what I mean. In this shot, I'm looking at a quest giver in Blasted Lands while my toon is in Howling Fjord. The menu when I mouseover the Parchment shows one in grey, one in white. The Grey one is completed and the white one is not.

The newest version of Carb requests Quest Completion Data from Blizz's servers and automagically marks all the ones you've done by removing and/or shading like you see in the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122709_194705.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	3773  

12-27-09, 10:47 PM   #6
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
WoooHooo!

Thank you. I've learned a lot about questing from your suggestions.

The only thing that isn't taken into account is when you're trying to accomplish it in the quickest way possible.

I'm not going to process every quest in the starting area for 69 rep, when I could be doing a single quest for 250.

So all is well that ends well! I'm Exalted @ lvl 42 and 23%, and on my wonderful Swift Brown Ram. And if I ever have to run again in Azeroth, it will be too soon! <laughs>

Take care Vis! Thank you again for the tips!

02-14-10, 01:00 AM   #7
Hentaya
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mossclaw View Post
I'm not going to process every quest in the starting area for 69 rep, when I could be doing a single quest for 250.
Except that, since WotLK release, you get full rep from ALL quests. Yeah, I don't have numbers, but there's probably a lot more per minute in the starter zone than most anywhere else, for a level umpty. It's an hour for a level 1 who knows what's what to get the zone done...shouldn't be more than 5 minutes for most level 80s with mounts.

02-28-10, 12:40 PM   #8
Raederle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had to do something similar chasing enough lower city faction to get the BC instance key.

What would be the difficulty level of adding the faction given as a searchable item in the quests database. I'd love to be able to pick out quests and thus set goto's without having to look them all up on a board site first. It'd be a side line item, much as zone is.

Raederle.

PS, putting my money where my mouth is.. its time to pony up $12 for another year.

03-01-10, 01:05 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We don't have data on reps for all the quests. The dailies that we do have that for is because I found them and typed them in by hand.

Thx for the donation.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Using Quest log to grab rep.