11-23-07, 02:39 AM   #1
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Mazz3d Camera Settings?

I noticed with 2.3 and all the changes people have made, there are a few camera settings that seem to be wrong...

One in particular that's bugging me is the "DragonMaw Peon" .. it's REAL tiny, both myself (with illusion, and when targeted).

I see where i need to change settings in the Mazz3D_DBF.lua file.. but I don't see an entry for Peon, nor DragonMaw... so how do I tell what camera Model # it's using on screen?

And once I do find it.. do I just fiddle with the numbers, relogging in or is there a way which I can 'save' or 'print' out the settings of the camera once I've adjusted it ingame (I noticed I can zoom, pan and drag, but it doesn't stay once I retarget another mob.. hoping there's a "Show me what settings I just changed to" feature).

Then I can take note of the settings, edit the LUA file and fix it once and for all.

Any ideas?
11-23-07, 04:55 AM   #2
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
how far away from the mob are you when you target it?
11-23-07, 10:52 AM   #3
MoogPC
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I get a no camera error from trash in mana tombs also, I think this is part of the same issue. I think there are some BC mobs with no camera definitions.
11-23-07, 01:11 PM   #4
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm not getting an error..

I target myself, when in Orc Form in Netherwing, and my portrait is REALLY tiny... both in Target and "Self" windows.

If I target ANY other mob, the target window is fine... except when I target the DragonMaw Orc's (anytype actually, not just peons).

I know the problem is that the camera is not defined properly for that model... I get that... what I want to know is how can I change that since Mazz is no longer supporting this addon.

I see the database, but can't figure out what exactly I"m looking for.. even tried to turn on the debugging feature and it didn't seem to work either (sure I'm doing something wrong).

Was hoping there was a way to target a critter, have it tell me what model number it's using and then I can fiddle with the numbers in the DB file to get the result I want.

Note: I didn't have this problem prior to 2.3 fixes... the ORc model looked correct (Though it might have been a little "Too" close if I recall but at least I could see it. Right now it takes up about 1/10 of the size it's supposed to.
11-30-07, 05:42 PM   #5
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
So no one knows how the 3d Camera settings work?
12-03-07, 09:05 AM   #6
Danior
An Aku'mai Servant
It probably has something to do with shape shifting. I get the same kind of display problem if I have a druid in the party that switches to Moonkin. Not sure if it's due to a height change in the modle or something along those lines.
12-04-07, 12:54 AM   #7
Detritis
A Black Drake
I have a working version of the camera settings, including all the new mobs added and fixes for most of the camera's I have come across in my travels.

Let me know if you want it and i'll make it available

Detritis
12-04-07, 01:08 AM   #8
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Detritis
I have a working version of the camera settings, including all the new mobs added and fixes for most of the camera's I have come across in my travels.

Let me know if you want it and i'll make it available

Detritis
I'd be interested myself. Oh, if you do make it available, could you note where you made changes?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazz3d Camera Settings?