11-17-07, 04:45 PM   #81
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sgtsolidus1
great pack btw but i wish you had pout it up BEFORE i went through al the manual fixing.= ) but mazzle UI is still working great except for one constant error that comes up about 500 times per log.>_>
You think I aim to please? Pfft.. that's for sellouts.
11-17-07, 05:19 PM   #82
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

i got a mazzlegasm!

ooooh it was soo good. Thank you all very much for helping me.

i <3 DeTard.
11-18-07, 04:29 AM   #83
Despina
A Murloc Raider
well i tried doing the code fixes in the first threads and my hud was refusing to work, when this was posted, i reinstalled mazzle and the new patch.
My hud is still not working. I cant set it to off in the options and it doesnt move or change when i use mana. someone please help me lol!
11-18-07, 07:18 AM   #84
kema99
A Murloc Raider
Bars not paging while shifting form

Im having a problem with bongos coming out sync with my druid before it happend i was using autoloot fu at the time. On the screen its says "interface action failed because of addon" switch forms and it gets stuck on that bar wont change unless i relog till it does it again. Not sure what causing it
11-18-07, 09:54 AM   #85
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
Great job with this Detard,
I had a version of cartographer that had 19 errors that would pop on loading, something about two calls for something from lib and from cart, this is fixed in newest version

Ran completely error free yesterday as far as bugsack goes. Woot!

I do have one error that only shows up in chat from time to time, it is the "interface action failed because of an addon", i think it is popping while looting but not sure
11-18-07, 03:48 PM   #86
Dree
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Question

Has anyone figured out why Talented is giving errors when inspecting another user or looting an item? So far, that's the only bug I consistently find in my sack.
11-18-07, 09:39 PM   #87
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Despina
well i tried doing the code fixes in the first threads and my hud was refusing to work, when this was posted, i reinstalled mazzle and the new patch.
My hud is still not working. I cant set it to off in the options and it doesnt move or change when i use mana. someone please help me lol!
I was having this same problem plus infinite others.

but here is exactly how got rid of all of my problems problem:

Download the three files (Detard-MazzleUI-2.3-Fix-4, MazzleUI_1.11_Core, Detard-WoW2.3-AddOnPack-MazzleUI-3.5)

Then delete your current Interface folder in your wow directory. Also delete your WTF folder.

Log on to wow before doing ANTYTHING with the downloaded files, change your video settings to how ever you need them for your screen size.

THEN EXTRACT the MazzleUI_1.11_Core to your Wow folder (not your interface folder) Then extract the Detard-WoW2.3-AddOnPack-MazzleUI-3.5 file into your WOW folder (once again not into the Interface folder) And finally Extract Detard-MazzleUI-2.3-Fix-4 into your WOW folder. And by the way, remember to click "yes replace all" every time it asks you while extracting.

That is exactly how i did it, hopefully it works for you too.

I thought i had done all of these things at first but after doing it all again i found that i had my video settings slightly wrong and also had put the TinyTip Lib in seperately which is no longer required.

Good Luck
11-19-07, 07:46 AM   #88
Despina
A Murloc Raider
Thanks, will take the plunge and try again... really was hoping not to have to delete my WTF folder QQ but hey i guess you gotta do what you gotta do for the most awesome ui package around :P
11-19-07, 09:01 AM   #89
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Despina
Thanks, will take the plunge and try again... really was hoping not to have to delete my WTF folder QQ but hey i guess you gotta do what you gotta do for the most awesome ui package around :P
Yeah, I'm really sorry that you will most likely have to delete the WTF folder... I hate to do it myself, but with so many changes, it's probably for the best. Maybe keep some of your Cartographer and ItemSync SVs if you want, but for the most part start over.
11-19-07, 10:27 AM   #90
Vaalcan
A Cyclonian

Could I suggest that you back up the WTF and Interface folders to another disc or area instead, that saves you losing them entirely.

Or you could do as I did originally, copy the whole WoW folder to another drive or location and work on that folder instead, keeping your original install as it is. WoW is happy to run from anywhere you put it and you can have as many installs (copies) as you have hard disc space for. I now have 3 concurrent WoW folders, one is my Mazz, another is a vanilla install and the third is what I used to use to log into my private server that I set up on a spare PC.
11-19-07, 04:00 PM   #91
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by DeTard
Anyone with one of the added mounts test out GoGoMount yet? Specifically a Nether Drake/Ray, Raven Lord, Fiery Warhorse, or Brewfest Ram?
Nether Drake/Ray work fine. The only issue is something that's a global issue with GoGoMount right now, and that is that if you use the hotkey (Shift-`) to dismount, it immediately beings re-mounting. That is, unless of course you're doing something that you can't "cast" a spell while doing.
11-19-07, 04:37 PM   #92
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by joypunk
Nether Drake/Ray work fine. The only issue is something that's a global issue with GoGoMount right now, and that is that if you use the hotkey (Shift-`) to dismount, it immediately beings re-mounting. That is, unless of course you're doing something that you can't "cast" a spell while doing.
Thanks for testing.... god I hate writing code without the ability to test!

And yeah that's what was said in response to my Addon Pack by Thirsterhall. I'll have to figure something out I guess.... >.<
11-22-07, 02:07 PM   #93
Taniwha
A Kobold Labourer
Many thanks to DeTard for this update, it's great to see it work for everybody.

However, unfortunately, this is not working for me

The problem is coming when Mazzifying from scratch (installation, not update). Everything was done exactly like described at the beginning of this post and in the download page. I checked the number of directories, file sizes and everything was corresponding to your expected results.

When pressing the "Mazzify me" button, an error is raised in BugSack, here is what it says :

[2007/11/22 20:56:51-3-x1]: MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Utilities.lua:148: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)

---

I don't have any idea of the root cause of this. I tried a minimal configuration and still have the problem. It happens for all my characters at the moment.

Please note that TrackMenu was reported as disabled in the wizard, and I couldn't enable it since it's not part of the pack anymore. I tried to copy it from my old interface folder, but still get the same error. So I guess it's not the reason.

Please also note that I'm running a French client (maybe you've recognized the accent ^^), could it be the cause ?

Any idea that could help ?

Edit : Another member posted a similar reply in this post with exactly the same error, but no answer so far.
11-22-07, 04:31 PM   #94
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
I have followed the directions (tried 3 times so far). All but one step goes exactly as planned.
1.11 core, then addons, then the fix
I have 221 file in Addons
Mazzifier_configs.lua is exactly 121,529
gfxToggle2.lua is exactly 27,182

BUT interface folder is NOT 72,196,014. It IS 65,804,161.

When I start WoW and click on addons, I see that Mazzlefizz's Mazzleoptions is red and showing Dependancy Disabled. When I log into a character, /mazzify does nothing and there is no Mazzify icon in any of the bars.

I am using a Mac.

What am I doing wrong?
11-22-07, 05:28 PM   #95
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

are you copying the files from the downloads into your WoW folder or extracting them?

try this : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13631
11-22-07, 06:34 PM   #96
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
I am relatively new to my Mac. I don't see a way to extract like winzip on a windows pc.

On my Mac, I download the file and then the folder is on my desktop. If I move the items to the WoW folder as instructed the Interface folder is copied over by each of the 3 times I do it for the 3 folders.

How do I extract vs copy on a Mac?

**update: my Mac noob ability aside, i went folder by folder and did the patch update (actually the original notes say to do this but much farther down). extra work but I got it to work.

Last edited by redcedar : 11-22-07 at 08:43 PM.
11-23-07, 12:13 PM   #97
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ok, well I must be doing something wrong, because I've seen others post screenies that look great. I followed DeTard's and Mazz' instructions step by step and actually had a question as to where to extract files from the addon pack outlined in DeTard's step 4, ie, "4. Download my MazzleUI Fix (fix for MazzleUI and gfxToggle2, not for any other mod from the original compilation)". But after doing some reading I found Mazz' post (located here) which states to extract it to my Interface folder. I did that, but now there's an Interface folder within my AddOns folder and I'm not sure if that's really going to work, but.. So anyway here's a screenshot of my UI which doesn't look good..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Remazz2.3.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1553  

Last edited by Erurainon : 11-23-07 at 12:27 PM.
11-23-07, 01:19 PM   #98
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Heh nope.. that interface within an interface folder will NOT work...

But it's an easy fix.

Just go into the deeper interface folder and you should see all your Addons... copy them all one folder up so that they are in the main INterface folder..

Thus instead of this:
<Wow INstall folder> / Interface / Addons / Interface / <bunch of mods>
you end up with
<Wow Install folder> / Interface / Addons / <Bunch of Mods>

THen your stuff should function properly.. right not it's not looking at anything in that 2nd interface folder properly.
11-23-07, 02:21 PM   #99
ValorianX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
issues

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place but I have noticed that I have no instance maps anymore in cartographer. Is that somehting that I need to look into more directly? Do you think the ace updater would fix this issue? Thanks again for your help.
11-23-07, 02:28 PM   #100
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i believe thats cartogropher being out of date i dont think its been updated yet. download atlas loot in the meantime, here

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Detard's WoW 2.3 Add-On Pack for MazzleUI