03-01-11, 04:53 PM   #1
alcaras
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Using Macaroon with Dominos

I'm trying to use Macaroon with dominos, to supplement my existing bars with a few new ones.

Unfortunately I get a weird effect -- that some of the buttons on Macaroon seem to share with buttons on the dominios bar. e.g. I drag a button onto dominos, and it shows up on Macaroon, or vice versa. Worse, this happens on every character except the character I set up Macaroon on, where inexplicably, it doesn't happen.

I've checked Macaroon settings and I have no idea what's causing this, nor can I somehow desync these two bars. I've searched and haven't been able to find anything about this question either, thus leading me to post this.
03-02-11, 05:46 PM   #2
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi Alcaras,

It sounds like you have your Macaroon buttons set to the “action” type. This means they use the Blizzard Action IDs, like the default action bars, and Dominos. When you put a spell on the button assigned to action slot #42, for example, it affects all buttons everywhere that are assigned to action slot #42, because you’re actually telling the game “put this spell in action slot #42”, not “put this spell on this button” even though it seems that way when you only have one action bar addon.

To fix the problem, go into Macaroon’s Button Edit mode, and left-click each button until it says “macro” instead of “action” or “pet”. Then, drag the spells you want onto each Macaroon button.

If you want to put macros on Macaroon buttons, but don’t want to use up any Action IDs, then you’ll need to copy the macro out of the Macro UI, then go into Button Edit mode and right-click on the Macaroon button, and paste the macro into the button’s macrotext box. Internally, when you put a spell on a Macaroon button, what’s really happening is that it auto-writes a simple macro to cast the spell. This way, you’re not limited to the 120 Action IDs that Blizzard gives you, and your macros can have up to 1024 characters instead of only 255 characters like regular Blizzard macros.
03-02-11, 10:13 PM   #3
alcaras
A Murloc Raider

Oh!

Right on the buttons themselves, not in the config interface.

Thank you, that fixed it!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Using Macaroon with Dominos