Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-18-15, 04:17 AM   #1
cFx
A Murloc Raider

WoW to REST Service

Hey

I read the http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42367 thread and there stood, that it`s not possible for wow addons to access anything outside WoW, but I´m kinda curious how all the data driven sites have managed to post data to web services/ web apps.

Currently I haven`t got any XP in LUA/WoW-Dev, but would like to start an personal project for learning purposes. I want to create an Addon for posting the players current battleground-status in real time to an REST service.

So when queuing for AB it enters the player data into an db and when I´m out of the BG it should delete the db entry. The information should be stored in an JSON/XML-File and whenever the bg-status changes it should execute the post/update on the DB on the RESTful service.

The real time communication is very important here and I would like to know which ways of communicating to a web service are available, so I could directly dive in and create a solution.

Would appreciate some help in how this could be managed.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » WoW to REST Service