05-07-09, 09:00 PM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ToolTip AddOns - What's Hot and What's Not?

So, like the topic suggests, I'm once again shopping for a new ToolTip AddOn. I'm currently using TipTac which I like, but at times it does get a little buggy or not work at all (yes, it is up to date).

I want to add I really like the customizable feature on it, such as being able to add you're own custom border, which other ToolTip AddOn's I've used in the past lacked this, if I remember correctly.

I've used before TinyTip and CowTip, and maybe another one but I can't remember. What are all of you using right now and find that it works well?
05-07-09, 09:12 PM   #2
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
while i dont use tootip mods i have seen a few around

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntTooltip.html

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...27-TipTop.html

those are some i found that you havent already named
05-07-09, 09:50 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I went from TinyTip to CowTip, to TipTop back to TinyTip and then TipTac. For what it offers and the ease of use, coupled with it's reliability... I never considered changing up my tooltip after finding TipTac. The only bugs I've ever encountered with it was talent related, and generally I found disabling other addons that tracked talents (ie..talented), the bugs disappeared. I didn't use TipTop very long, so I can't say much about it, but compared to the others, TipTac blew them out of the water.

However, I haven't played the game since the beginning of April, so I'm not familiar with current issues it may have, or issues other tooltip mods might have. It can't hurt to try out a few, it's one of the mod types I've found to be able to see very quickly whether or not I like it.
05-07-09, 10:31 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've tried them all and I always find myself back with TipTac. It works well with nUI so that's a plus in my book
05-07-09, 10:54 PM   #5
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I'm using TipTac without any problems. I've tried a couple of others, but I always come back to TipTac because of the features and customization.
05-07-09, 11:00 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I use TipTop, because Seerah made it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-08-09, 09:19 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/me huggles Cairenn
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-08-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Spiderkeg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by PerfectH View Post
So, like the topic suggests, I'm once again shopping for a new ToolTip AddOn. I'm currently using TipTac which I like, but at times it does get a little buggy or not work at all (yes, it is up to date).

I want to add I really like the customizable feature on it, such as being able to add you're own custom border, which other ToolTip AddOn's I've used in the past lacked this, if I remember correctly.

I've used before TinyTip and CowTip, and maybe another one but I can't remember. What are all of you using right now and find that it works well?
If you find bugs with TipTac, don't forget to post your findings to let the author know. The only way to fix the bugs you are encountering is to make him aware.
05-08-09, 11:54 AM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
/me huggles Cairenn
/me huggles Seerah

I was using a 5 line addon that just hooked the tooltip function so it's parent was the mouse cursor.

But then I downloaded Seerah's tooltip addon and it was small and cute and fast.

Just like her avatar
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
05-08-09, 12:29 PM   #10
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
@Seerah

Can I put a custom border around my tooltips like TipTac can?
05-08-09, 12:45 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Of course. It uses LibSharedMedia.

From the feature list on the download page:
# custom border, background, and status bar textures
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-08-09, 01:40 PM   #12
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

any chance you are using Docking Station? there has been an issue with it affecting tooltips. probably not a problem with tiptac at all.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » ToolTip AddOns - What's Hot and What's Not?