05-28-06, 05:20 AM   #41
Hellslayer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There ist a problem with an other mod:
Cirks hacks in to EVERYTHING to do with comm. Now, one this that I also hack into is the ListChannelByName() function, which grabs the names of ALL players in a channel. I take that list, and decode it, and then hide the list from the chatwindows.

Cirks REhacks it away from me, not allowing MRP to find out who is in each channel, and therefore it thinks noone is using MRP OR flagRSP.
can you fix this?

Last edited by Hellslayer : 05-28-06 at 05:59 AM.
05-29-06, 12:28 AM   #42
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
After a 4 hour queue I got onto the test server, given the huge wait I am guessing you wouldn't have been testing for future compatibility so I will type out the error
\Interface\AddOns\Chatmanager\Chatmanager.lua:807: attempt to index global 'ChatmanagerChannelSettingsFramePasswordSetButtonDisableText' (a nil value)
The mod still seemed to work fine but the left button has no text on it

Edit.
Both the Options button and Moderate button are missing thier text but do still work.
I loaded up Improved Error Frame so I can paste the error output too ;-)
Error: attempt to index global `ChatmanagerChannelSettingsFramePasswordSetButtonDisabledText' (a nil value)
AddOn: Chatmanager
File: Chatmanager.lua
Line: 807
Count: 1

Last edited by Cluey : 05-31-06 at 02:13 AM.
06-08-06, 11:43 PM   #43
Mimesis
A Fallenroot Satyr
is there any way to 'reserve' a number for a specific chat channel (ie, Trade - Ironforge) even when you leave that channel (leave IF) and then join another channel (ctraid) while out of it.

This is what happens to me for more clarification.
I set 1 as General, 2 as trade, 3 as warlockchannel, 4 as CTraid (our ctraid channel names change constantly).

I then leave ironforge
i know have
1:General
2:None
3:Warlock
4:Ctraid.

someone then bumps the ctraid channel

i now have:
1:General
2:Ctraid2
4:Original Ctraid
when i get back to ironforge i have:
1:general
2:Ctraid2
4:Ctoriginal
5:Trade

id like to reserve channel slot 2 to only ever hold trade channels, an possible channel slot 4 to hold the newest channel i have joined with 'CT' in its name.

any ideas?
06-23-06, 12:28 PM   #44
Nightmaiden
A Kobold Labourer
Critical error in 1.11

In 1.11, with this addon enabled, if I right-click my portrait to bring up the menu, then change the "sticky" chat channel, attempting to change it again results in numerous errors forcing me to reload the UI. This happens whether or not I select any option on the menu. I get error boxes when trying to loot, trying to fly, trying to talk in any but the sticky channel I changed to originally (this also prevents whispers and numbered-channel chat).

Disabling the mod resolves these issues. I like this mod a lot and I want to use it again.
06-25-06, 08:28 AM   #45
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hey all, sorry for the long delay with no response from me - I've been taking a bit of a break

I've just uploaded Chatmanager v1.11.0, which should address all the client patch 1.11 compatibility issues (at least those that I've been able to identify - let me know if you are still having problems).

Now, onto some long overdue responses!

Originally Posted by Indz
Is it possible to hide the "Chatmanager button", which is by default above the Chatframe buttons?
That's a good idea Indz. I use the bound key myself for showing/hiding Chatmanager, so there's no real reason to always have the icon displayed. I'll add that to my list of things to do! In the meantime, I'd suggest moving the button (with the CTRL key) to somewhere you won't see it (even offscreen, which you could do by changing your scaling or going to a higher resolution, positioning the icon, then going back to your normal mode). Alternatively, you can modify line 1221 of Chatmanager.xml (where the ChatmanagerMenuButtonFrame is defined) to have hidden="true" instead of hidden="false".

Originally Posted by Kailef
For no reason I could determine, my Chatmanager button is missing! Can't find the sucker at all. It was there one day, and the next time I played it was gone. I like the button and actually would rather it be there, but I don't know where it's gone to. I even tried tossing all of my saved variables and starting fresh, but - I still can't find the darn thing. Any ideas?
Ouch Kailef, that is weird. I'm guessing the button somehow has changed its location to somewhere hidden behind something or off-screen. Changing your UI scaling (in the main menu, video options) to something really small may help you locate it. Otherwise you could try running the following script command, and then logging out:
Code:
/script ChatmanagerMenuButtonFrame:SetUserPlaced(false)
(Make sure you type it in exactly as above, with upper and lower case).

Originally Posted by Hellslayer
There ist a problem with an other mod:
Cirks hacks in to EVERYTHING to do with comm. Now, one this that I also hack into is the ListChannelByName() function, which grabs the names of ALL players in a channel. I take that list, and decode it, and then hide the list from the chatwindows.

Cirks REhacks it away from me, not allowing MRP to find out who is in each channel, and therefore it thinks noone is using MRP OR flagRSP.
Hellslayer, can you provide a link to where this was originally posted? (I've looked at a couple of places where MyRolePlay is hosted, but not found the original text that you quoted to reply to). I can then discuss it with the authors as to what is the best way to try and solve this.

Originally Posted by Mimesis
is there any way to 'reserve' a number for a specific chat channel (ie, Trade - Ironforge) even when you leave that channel (leave IF) and then join another channel (ctraid) while out of it.
Unfortunately Mimesis, this is a bit of a tricky one, and is something which I've been thinking I need to add to Chatmanager for a while. (I have the exact same problem with Trade channels and changing CTRA channels ). For now, all I can suggest is to remember you can quickly change the channel ordering by right-clicking to leave the channels, and then right-click rejoining them again in a different channel order.

Originally Posted by Nightmaiden
In 1.11, with this addon enabled, if I right-click my portrait to bring up the menu, then change the "sticky" chat channel, attempting to change it again results in numerous errors forcing me to reload the UI. This happens whether or not I select any option on the menu. I get error boxes when trying to loot, trying to fly, trying to talk in any but the sticky channel I changed to originally (this also prevents whispers and numbered-channel chat).

Disabling the mod resolves these issues. I like this mod a lot and I want to use it again.
Hmmm, I'm not sure what the right-click of your portrait bit is about (another addon?) but with Chatmanager v1.11.0 so far I'm not having any problems with sticky channels. (The previous version was getting confused about the checked or unchecked state of the checkboxes, which wasn't helpful about knowing what you actually had things set to). Let me know if you still have the same problem with v1.11.0.

Cheers
-- Cirk
06-30-06, 06:46 PM   #46
wowinterface-9df96e
A Defias Bandit
I'm using the latest version (Chatmanager_v1110_060625).

If I drop a link to a chat channel, it comes out in raw format:
Cloak of the Brood Lord{19378:1888:0:0}
Other people at the same version don't have this problem, which is to say that the items they link create proper links -- they still see the raw text that I see.

At least one other person with the same version DOES have this problem.

Obviously, "Item linking in chat channels" is checked. I have no other CM options checked.

Any ideas? Any known interoperability issues with other popular addons?
07-01-06, 06:55 PM   #47
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I've just uploaded v1.11.1 of Chatmanager, which has a simple fix in it to stop Chatmanager from automatically requesting the player list for server channels (General, Trade, etc.) when logging in - player lists are now only requested when these channels are specifically selected in the Chatmanager window. (This should hopefully fix slow login and disconnect issues due to the number of players in the global Trade and LookingForGroup channels).

Cheers
-- Cirk
07-01-06, 06:58 PM   #48
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by wowinterface-9df96e
I'm using the latest version (Chatmanager_v1110_060625).

If I drop a link to a chat channel, it comes out in raw format:
Cloak of the Brood Lord{19378:1888:0:0}
Other people at the same version don't have this problem, which is to say that the items they link create proper links -- they still see the raw text that I see.

At least one other person with the same version DOES have this problem.

Obviously, "Item linking in chat channels" is checked. I have no other CM options checked.

Any ideas? Any known interoperability issues with other popular addons?
Hmmm, that is an odd one, and all I can guess is that (as you suspect) some other addon is interfering with Chatmanager, since Chatmanager's formatting would have put the name in square brackets (e.g., [Cloak of the Brood Lord]{19378:1888:0:0}). I've not been told of any specific interoperability issues (yet), but all I can guess is that you have an addon that looks for item names/links in the chat window, and tries to do something with them as well.

Best suggestion I can come up with would be the obvious one of disabling all addons except Chatmanager and seeing if the problem persists, and then reenabling them until you find the one causing the problem (assuming it isn't Chatmanager itself of course ). If you do find the culprit, let me know and I'll see if I can find a way to work around it.

Another (slim) possibility is that your item cache is corrupted somehow (although symptomatically I don't see how this could cause this problem in Chatmanager) which you can rectify by deleting the WDB directory (causing WoW to rebuild it).

Hope that is of some help
-- Cirk
07-02-06, 12:26 PM   #49
wowinterface-9df96e
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cirk
Hmmm, that is an odd one, and all I can guess is that (as you suspect) some other addon is interfering with Chatmanager, since Chatmanager's formatting would have put the name in square brackets (e.g., [Cloak of the Brood Lord]{19378:1888:0:0}). I've not been told of any specific interoperability issues (yet), but all I can guess is that you have an addon that looks for item names/links in the chat window, and tries to do something with them as well.

Best suggestion I can come up with would be the obvious one of disabling all addons except Chatmanager and seeing if the problem persists, and then reenabling them until you find the one causing the problem (assuming it isn't Chatmanager itself of course ). If you do find the culprit, let me know and I'll see if I can find a way to work around it.
Turns out it was Gazmik Fizzwidget's Linkerator.
07-02-06, 05:25 PM   #50
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by wowinterface-9df96e
Ah, thanks for that wowinterface-9df96e! I'll add that to my list to look into for the next Chatmanager release to see if I can fix the incompatibility problem. (Linkerator looks like a very nice addon, would be nice if I could get them working together).

Cheers
-- Cirk
07-03-06, 09:12 AM   #51
Saynt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Small Bug w/Mute

When I turn on channel moderation and mute someone their name does not 'refresh' to show they are muted (#); so when I click on them I only get the mute option not unmute. If I toggle the channel, unmoderate then back to moderate they show they are muted and I can then unmute them.

I've updated to the latest version 1.11.1, deleted the saved variables, and this still occurs. This did not happen pre 1.11.

Thanks!
07-03-06, 07:37 PM   #52
SlackerJer
A Murloc Raider
Would it be possible to disable listing players in the LFG channel? That would list every player in your faction on the server (aside from those who have left it because of spam). I was rearranging channels today and got booted from the server because Chatmanager tried to get a list of all players in that channel.
07-04-06, 09:39 PM   #53
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Replies to Saynt and SlackerJer

Originally Posted by Saynt
When I turn on channel moderation and mute someone their name does not 'refresh' to show they are muted (#); so when I click on them I only get the mute option not unmute. If I toggle the channel, unmoderate then back to moderate they show they are muted and I can then unmute them.

I've updated to the latest version 1.11.1, deleted the saved variables, and this still occurs. This did not happen pre 1.11.

Thanks!
Oops Saynt, thanks for reporting this. Looks like it was a copy-n-paste error in Chatmanager, which I'll fix in the next release (hopefully soon). Alternatively you can fix this yourself in the interim by editing line 2181 of Chatmanager.lua from:
Code:
elseif (action == "UNSET_VOICE") then
    if (pdata) then
        pdata.isMuted = nil;
    end
to:
Code:
elseif (action == "UNSET_VOICE") then
    if (pdata) then
        pdata.isMuted = true;    -- (This is line 2181)
    end

Originally Posted by SlackerJer
Would it be possible to disable listing players in the LFG channel? That would list every player in your faction on the server (aside from those who have left it because of spam). I was rearranging channels today and got booted from the server because Chatmanager tried to get a list of all players in that channel.
Thats a good idea SlackerJer. I'll look at adding a "No player listings for server channels" option to Chatmanager for the next release.

Cheers
-- Cirk
07-13-06, 06:28 PM   #54
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Chatmanager v1.11.2

I've just uploaded version 1.11.2 of Chatmanager, which has a lot of new features or fixes that people have asked for:
  • Chatmanager now identifies when city-only channels (Trade and GuildRecruitment) are suspended on zoning out of a city, and thereafter keeps an inactive entry for those channels in your channel list. Note that you cannot leave a suspended city-only channel, except by going back into a city. This should alleviate problems where adding new channels while out-of-city would cause your current ordering to get upset when you re-entered a city.
  • New channels are assigned the default chat channel color.
  • Modified the way in which player listings for channels where hooked to allow for better addon compatibility (particularly with MyRolePlay, thanks Hellslayer).
  • Added specific support for Gazmik Fizzwidget's Linkerator addon to resolve a compatibility issue (for wowinterface_9df96e).
  • Added an option to send item links on private chat channels using the same format as Yrys's ChatLink addon (yutt will be happy about this one ). Chatmanager will also recognize and translate links sent in this format, even if this option is not enabled.
  • Added an option to hide the Chatmanager button (lots of requests for this).
  • Added sticky mode control for Say, Party, Raid, Guild, Officer, and Whisper chat modes.
  • Added additional reset commands for reseting the window positions and channel colors (lots of requests for this too ).
  • Moved text strings to their own localization.lua file for future localization (now I just need someone to do the translations).
  • Added code to automatically set the focus to the first chat tab on login (workaround for a 1.11 client bug) and remove chat channel events from inactive chat tabs (performance optimization).
  • Added a version text string to the Chatmanager window.
  • Added code to specifically recognize the CTRA channel (if used) and to keep its position and attributes in the Channel list even when the channel name changes (not quite what you were asking Mimesis, but hopefully will fix things for you).
  • Added key bindings for Say, Party, Raid, Guild, Officer, and the 10 chat channels (this one for Cat).
  • Fixed a bug where players who were muted by a moderator would not be shown as muted in the player list (thanks Saynt).
  • Fixed a bug where player lists for zone-specific server channels were still being requested when changing zones, rather than only when explicitly requested by the user. (I decided not to implement the option to never request server channel lists SlackerJer, since client patch 1.11.2 fixed the disconnect problem).
  • Some minor bug fixes relating to leaving and rejoining channels with the same name but different capitalization, and with the position in the list that new channels are assigned.

Huge thank to everyone who has been posting their thoughts, feedback, requests, and bugs - hope this version is solid and bug-free for you all!

Cheers
-- Cirk
07-19-06, 06:08 AM   #55
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I couldn't stop myself adding just a few more features and changes to Chatmanager, so here is v1.11.3!
  • Added the mousewheel scrolling and button hiding feature. Although the implementation is very different, this feature is basically a clone of the one provided by ChatBox.
  • Fixed up a couple of problems with the feature of watching for the CTRA channel added in 1.11.2, and made this more multi-purpose to handle other addons that change their channel names periodically. This version of Chatmanager recognizes CTRA, oRA, KLHThreatMeter, DamageMeters, and SWStats for this purpose. (This will probably all eventually become obsolete after 1.12 of course ).
  • Replaced the Move channel up and Move channel down options in the channel right-click menu with an easier-to-use Move channel to option. Hopefully this will make rearranging your channel lineups a bit easier.
  • Added a Change text color text option to the channel right-click menu. This is the same as using the color swatch button at the bottom-left of the main Chatmanager window, but the menu entry is in the current text color (useful for inactive channels). Was mainly added because for some reason this is where I usually find myself looking first when I want to change the color myself.
  • Added the feature for adding and displaying short notes on players in the channel list. These notes will show up when you mouseover the player's name in the channel's player list, and will also be shown in the chat message seen when the player joins a channel (if joining announcements are on). Currently though there is no way to add notes for players who are not in a channel.

Enjoy!
-- Cirk
07-20-06, 08:09 AM   #56
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Looks like the new "hiding of the chat frame scroll and menu buttons" feature has a small bug in it, where it will variously "smear" the scroll-to-bottom button across the width of the bottom of the chat window, or the button may disappear completely even though you are scrolling up in the window.

I've got a fix for this that I'm testing right now and hopefully will upload tomorrow, but in the meantime, you'll probably want to either disable this feature, or just turn it off and back on again anytime you notice it happening.

-- Cirk
07-21-06, 07:59 AM   #57
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Chatmanager v1.11.4

So apologies for inflicting yet another version of Chatmanager on you so fast, but I've just uploaded the bug-fix version (1.11.4), to which I've also added the ability to set notes for players via slash command (so they don't need to be online) as a "sweetener"

Changes:
  • Added slash commands for editing and listing player notes.
  • You can now create and edit a note for your own player's characters.
  • Fixed a bug for when hiding the chat frame scroll and menu buttons when mousewheel scrolling was enabled, where the go-to-bottom button could disappear or be smeared across the bottom of the chat window.

Cheers
-- Cirk
07-22-06, 05:16 AM   #58
bitz
A Defias Bandit
Some suggestions....

A few suggestions

1. To invite all the players in the private channel.
2. To automatically invite whoever has joined the private channel.
3. Please add the localized string 'CHATMANAGER_TEXT.FRAME_LIST_TITLE' in the 'Chatmanager.xml' file. (Whenever this addon is updated, I have to change 'Channels' into 'CHATMANAGER_TEXT.FRAME_LIST_TITLE')

Always thanks for your addons...
07-30-06, 05:44 PM   #59
ylarion
A Defias Bandit
This is a really great AddOn. But i have a ver y minor problem. The positon of the button is not saved between sessions. Don't know if this was already mentioned.
07-31-06, 05:42 AM   #60
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by bitz
A few suggestions

1. To invite all the players in the private channel.
2. To automatically invite whoever has joined the private channel.
3. Please add the localized string 'CHATMANAGER_TEXT.FRAME_LIST_TITLE' in the 'Chatmanager.xml' file. (Whenever this addon is updated, I have to change 'Channels' into 'CHATMANAGER_TEXT.FRAME_LIST_TITLE')

Always thanks for your addons...
Hi Bitz. Suggestions (1) and (2) are on my "very long term" list of things to do with Chatmanager, although I'm not planning on doing anything for them right now. For (3) thanks for spotting that - looks like I missed a couple of others in the XML file too - I'll fix them for the next release

Originally Posted by ylarion
This is a really great AddOn. But i have a ver y minor problem. The positon of the button is not saved between sessions. Don't know if this was already mentioned.
I've not seen or heard of that on ylarion. Do you perhaps have another addon that does frame positioning and such that could be interfering?

Cheers
-- Cirk

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Chatmanager