08-04-09, 02:52 AM   #1
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patch 3.2 =0

How come no one is talking about this, its almost certainly going live on US today =0

I personally will enjoy the new crusader area the most
08-04-09, 04:04 AM   #2
Ariele
A Cyclonian

there is so many rumors around the internet about when it will go live that i think most just wait until its here, before comment on it. I personally dont mind if they wait until next week. Even though i know they will never get rid of bugs and the next few days we wil get lots of bugfixes,restarts etc. But well its not first time huh?
About the patch well im happy that they buff our mounts speed (normal ones) and make the druid forms looking better. The things i dont like its the looks of alliance new tier and well i dont know it yet but looks like the new instance is kind of..boring like arena thing. (its my opinion and only my own)I dont pvp so the pvp changes i dont care about so nothing to comment on that. Other then that lets see how it all looks like when patch hit the servers.
08-04-09, 04:23 AM   #3
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I also forget that the US servers are 10 hours behind EU.
Just wanted some chatter while I grind out my 9-5.
08-04-09, 04:30 AM   #4
Verissi
Premium Member

Shhh, I'm savouring the calm before the "omgwtfmyaddonsareborked" storm

Kidding! I'm looking forward to it as much as the next person, but I guess I'm just numb to "patch anticipation" after years of being in PTR/betas for so many games. If it drops today, great...if not, that's fine too.

I must admit, though, I'm looking forward to the new companion pets, new Tournament dailies, the ravasaur trainer stuff, and some of the other little quirky things in 3.2. Gives me more stuff to do when I'm not busy with PvP, raiding, or UI tinkering. I also think my friends are placing bets on how many times I'll change my druid's skin colour before settling on one (10 times seems to be a popular guess).
08-04-09, 05:23 AM   #5
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Just loaded WoW and the login screen message was informing me of extended downtime tomorrow to apply patch 3.2 (I'm on a European server).
08-04-09, 05:33 AM   #6
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

NA just patched me to 3.2.... It's dropped!

And now the addon crisis of Aug 2009 begins... When will they all work again????!!?!?
08-04-09, 05:36 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yep, downloading as we speak...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.2 Patch Live.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	3107  
08-04-09, 05:38 AM   #8
Ariele
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Sekrin View Post
Just loaded WoW and the login screen message was informing me of extended downtime tomorrow to apply patch 3.2 (I'm on a European server).
Same here so its actually comming this wenesday( its EU so we have tuesday right now :-) patch tonight then) and the thing im worried about is if my UI is gonna work after i log on tomorrow :-P. But well i have three to choose from so lets hope at least one of them continue to work spartan/numein/tao. The other new things that are commming beside those i mentioned well there is few so need to check them out first to see if im happy about it or not :-)
08-04-09, 05:41 AM   #9
Ariele
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yep, downloading as we speak...
and how big is the patch over there this time ?
I D/L the data during the last feww weeks so i have 447mb. Just wondering how much i have to get during the night :-)
08-04-09, 05:43 AM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It was only a couple minutes more of downloading for me, then straight to install

Folder named "WoW-3.1.3-to-3.2.0-enUS-Win-patch" total size 397 megs
08-04-09, 05:43 AM   #11
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

only took 2 minutes with a 5.0 cable modem and a 10/100 network in the house. So what, maybe 500-600 mb total?
08-04-09, 07:13 AM   #12
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

EU download on the background downloader right now is 447mb
08-04-09, 07:22 AM   #13
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
You've been able to get the patch on the US background downloaded starting a couple weeks ago...and an update to the first part late last week.

however, Running the background downloader, or the launcher doesn't install the patch for me here in the US. And I'm unable to login currently so it can't begin processing if it's coming live today.

But it seems that it is - so <shrug>

Marth

08-04-09, 07:33 AM   #14
brod
A Murloc Raider
How will this patch affect UI mods? Is it one of 'those' patches where practically every mod needs to be updated?
08-04-09, 07:40 AM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Out of the addons I use, and there are a quite a few, only 1 or 2 glitched out. I informed the developer of the major one straight away on day 1 of the test server coming up so I am sure the problem is fixed already ( it was quest guru for those wanting to know ).

Other than that I don't recall anything major. Most of the UI changes shouldn't affect many of the addons out there.
08-04-09, 08:09 AM   #16
Helidoc
Hoghead

Let the games begin hopefully the UI changes won't be crippling.
08-04-09, 08:15 AM   #17
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Helidoc View Post
Let the games begin hopefully the UI changes won't be crippling.
They aren't
08-04-09, 08:26 AM   #18
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Oh yay. A patch, and my Minion is still crippled by bug 244...

Guess I'll have to update the old-fashioned way
08-04-09, 08:27 AM   #19
Nuckin
is laughing at you

There are a couple odd changes, My most frustrating change is as follows:

changed "GetDifficultyColor" to "GetQuestDifficultyColor", but somehow calling "GetDifficultyColor" on the PTR did not throw a nil value exception, just killed FPS(60fps to 25fps)

It was quite strange
08-04-09, 10:22 AM   #20
Speeddymon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
There are a couple odd changes, My most frustrating change is as follows:

changed "GetDifficultyColor" to "GetQuestDifficultyColor", but somehow calling "GetDifficultyColor" on the PTR did not throw a nil value exception, just killed FPS(60fps to 25fps)

It was quite strange
It threw a nil error for me, which prompted me to contact JimBim to get MonkeyQuest fixed. But I didn't log back in on the later builds of the PTR so it may have broken late in testing.

The big one I'm expecting is all of the Rock users to start QQing about Rock not being updated to work around the error frame being renamed. And of course the new built in blizzard DevTools replacement breaking everything, which is part of the aforementioned error frame rename.

Last edited by Speeddymon : 08-04-09 at 10:26 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Patch 3.2 =0