08-11-08, 11:59 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A Time to Say Goodbye

This is my last post as part of the Admin Staff here on the MMOInterface sites.

After co-founding the first site 6 years ago and helping all of them grow, it is with a heavy heart that I post my final news blurb on the front page.

While I am sad to be officially be stepping down from the Admin staff of the MMOInterface sites, it is not all sad, because, I will still be lurking around and you will still find me sneaking into the forums and hiding among the file downloads. I look back on the 6 years I have spent with the sites to those days when I was posting add-ons from emails by hand the first month EQInterface was up. To the numerous phone calls and emails Dolby and I got from our host provider when we team up saying that our bandwidth usage was crushing the server we were on. Then I look at what they have become today, each a leader in the games community and respected by the company that makes the games they support

You know, it wasn't long after Dolby and I teamed up for EQInterface/EQGui that we picked up our first staff member (and forum moderator), a fiery Canadian who the whole community fell in love with right from the start (of course I can only mean Cairenn). Cairenn has stepped into my role over the last year with all the sites (not just WoWI) as I transition out and she, doing what she does best, stepped up and kicked butt. I leave the sites knowing they are in the best hand possible with Cairenn and Dolby.

A single post can not express to you you what it has meant to be a part of the UI Community for the last 6 year. From Fanfaire to Blizzcon, you all have been amazing and I would not trade one minute of my time with all of you, I will miss it dearly.

Be safe out there amongst the Murlocs, the Drolvarg, the goblins and the bandits, remember its a jungle out there (in some zones!)

- Kudane
retired Admin and co-founder MMOInterface
08-12-08, 12:00 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin

*Hugs the stuffin's out of Kudz*
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-12-08, 12:19 AM   #3
TomWolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm very new to this site and one of the things that have amazed me is how well moderated it is. All creds in the world to you for taking part in founding and building a community like this.

Good luck in your new endevours and thank you for your part in this creation.

Tomwolf
08-12-08, 07:26 AM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Hey man, it was fun. Thanks for the trip to Beni's

Hope to see ya around man.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
08-12-08, 08:31 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well done, Kudane! You really created something that you can be proud of, a site with integrity that has been an asset to countless users and authors alike.

Good luck with whatever you do!
08-12-08, 02:44 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I'd say goodbye but I'll still be seeing you around (FanFaire, Blizzcon, etc) and talking to you over irc/phone. So I'll just give ya a manly hug instead. You brought back some good memories.
08-12-08, 04:17 PM   #7
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

We'll miss you!! Good luck in whatever you choose to do!!
08-12-08, 10:39 PM   #8
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
We'll miss you!! Good luck in whatever you choose to do!!

Agreed. And I hope to still see you around.

Also, lolz at the manly hug.

<3
08-13-08, 02:00 PM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Kudos for Kudane! All your time and hard work are greatly appreciated. Best of luck in all you do, and hope you stop by the forums once in awhile.

PS: Most Canadians kick ass

08-16-08, 10:27 AM   #10
LedMirage
An Aku'mai Servant
Community websites made for the community and not with some financial agenda are very rare nowadays, the interface sites here are 100% community driven and this is why so many of us in the mod community are regulars here.

The websites you guys created have been the most honest and respectful mod repository sites I have ever visited, being a mod maker since 1995 that is quite a lot of other websites I'm comparing you to and you deserve that compliment

Best of luck in your new endeavors and thanks again.

Game on Kudane!

09-08-08, 02:39 PM   #11
jarakai
A Defias Bandit

-frowney face-

To you i owe a lot of gratitude. Ive gotten many addons from here. they have helped me greatly and enriched the whole game experience. To you (and the other mods and Authors) i say thank you
10-24-08, 06:05 PM   #12
Loviotor
Premium Member
Premium Member
Just thought I'd say thanks to you and all the others that have devoted their time and energy over the years (Since EQ1 first changed it where we could have customized UI's) through the present. I know that we'll probably see a lot more changes in the future.

Best wishes to Kudane, condolences to Cairenn and the rest of the Admin staff... You have a job that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Though it may often be a thankless job, I can honestly say that I, for one, appreciate everything that you all do and the effort put forth by everyone in the community to make these games much more enjoyable for all.
Loviotor Nox`Excrucio (61 Cleric, Xegony, EverQuest *Retired*)
11-28-08, 05:51 AM   #13
xXSuperMarioXx
A Murloc Raider
Good Bye we miss you

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » A Time to Say Goodbye