07-29-09, 06:40 AM   #1
Korinis
A Kobold Labourer
3.2 Bugs

I have notice the following issues
1. Quests listed in the quest pane pop up as a totally different quest when clicked on.
2. In the tracking of quests, Items that are used to complete quests were once clickable to use are no longer useable.

I have used carbonite for a while with no issues and I hope that they will resolve the issues.
I have tried disabling other mods but appears to have no effect on carbonite

07-30-09, 01:17 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Both of those work fine for me. You are the only one I have see report those problems. Sorry, can't fix it if I can't find a cause.

07-30-09, 06:13 AM   #3
Sythalin
Curse staff

Make sure you have "Show LUA Errors" enabled and have some sort of bug catching mod (BugSack, Swatter, etc).

07-30-09, 01:19 PM   #4
Diagnol
A Kobold Labourer
I have 3 computers, all having identical issues with the most recent versions of Carbonite, Quest items not working off the list, Quests being different if you click on them for more info, and complete not posting to party, as well as the Log/Quest watcher is freaking out, one minute it has quests and the map has all of them on it, the next 2 quests are there and nothing on the map.

I do use error mods, and none have caught any errors of any kind for carbonite.

07-30-09, 01:50 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try renaming WTF folder to WTFold and see what happens with a default config.

Are you using the Current version of WoW?

07-30-09, 05:33 PM   #6
Riffola
A Murloc Raider

"New Version" message

Both my brother and I have been using carbonite for over a year - it gets highly recommended to others! But, we noticed that after installing the latest version (yesterday), we are both still receiving the "New Version is Available" message. Also, my brother still has an issue with every new version he installs, his notes disappear (location notes on the map for vendors, drops, etc.).

Anyone else having these/similar issues? Any suggestions to fix?

Thanks!

07-31-09, 03:40 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Riffola View Post
Also, my brother still has an issue with every new version he installs, his notes disappear (location notes on the map for vendors, drops, etc.).

Anyone else having these/similar issues? Any suggestions to fix?

Thanks!
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25781

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
It looks like a bug, with the changes for instance map notes. My old notes are still there, but have a big negative y value, so they are off the top of the world.

I fixed it. Two numbers needed to be changed. I will release a bug fix version later today, once I go over any other issues. Your notes should then shift down to the correct location.
Might be the solution you're looking for?

08-01-09, 10:30 AM   #8
fuzzy2k7
A Kobold Labourer
i had the same problem but i fixed it =)

in the quest options check the box with open carbonite quest window with using ALT+L

dann open the normall quest log windown and open all category's

and now you can discheck the box in quests options from carbonite

i make it so to fiy the problem =)

08-01-09, 02:48 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Both my brother and I have been using carbonite for over a year - it gets highly recommended to others! But, we noticed that after installing the latest version (yesterday), we are both still receiving the "New Version is Available" message.
Always check your version number in the chat window or the Carbonite minimap button tooltip after an update to make sure you did it correctly and are actually using the new version. It should currently say 3.201.

Also, my brother still has an issue with every new version he installs, his notes disappear (location notes on the map for vendors, drops, etc.).
Notes and 99% of settings are stored in WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua. Updating the addon files, does not change that file. 3.2 has the bug mentioned above that is drawing the notes off the top of the world, which 3.201 fixes.

08-03-09, 10:37 PM   #10
ishtava
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same issues as the OP. I'll click a quest in the log, and it'll show info for a different quest, or it'll just remove a handful of quests from the log. If I log out of wow and back in, the quests are back, but the issue of them vanishing again, or swapping about, persists.

08-04-09, 04:17 PM   #11
Granilius
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Korinis View Post
I have notice the following issues
1. Quests listed in the quest pane pop up as a totally different quest when clicked on.
2. In the tracking of quests, Items that are used to complete quests were once clickable to use are no longer useable.

I have used carbonite for a while with no issues and I hope that they will resolve the issues.
I have tried disabling other mods but appears to have no effect on carbonite
I am having this exact same issue as well.

*EDIT* I found that opening your default quest log "Alt-L" and clicking on all your current quests then closing your log fixes this issue.

Last edited by Granilius : 08-06-09 at 09:36 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 3.2 Bugs