10-02-12, 10:21 AM   #1
aspenzs
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cool Elite/Rare Dragon Graphic

I don't require anything usually from mods, however, I stumbled across "bunitframes" and love it. I have since replaced my other memory hog unit frame mod. Question is: I'm sure the owner likes it the way it is or doesn't have time to edit, etc, so how would I go about putting the elite/ rare dragon frame back into the Lua so that it shows up when a target is such, rather than the letter in the bar using up space? Just want to add the dragon back to the target frame nothing too hard and was hoping there was a fix / text add or even a stand alone mod somewhere (this is for my personal use and will not be redistributed in any form). I figure there's a way since there's a mod to add the same thing to the "player" frame (which is no interest to me being its "player" and not target). Thanks in advance! =)
10-03-12, 06:47 AM   #2
Smashbolt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by aspenzs View Post
I don't require anything usually from mods, however, I stumbled across "bunitframes" and love it. I have since replaced my other memory hog unit frame mod. Question is: I'm sure the owner likes it the way it is or doesn't have time to edit, etc, so how would I go about putting the elite/ rare dragon frame back into the Lua so that it shows up when a target is such, rather than the letter in the bar using up space? Just want to add the dragon back to the target frame nothing too hard and was hoping there was a fix / text add or even a stand alone mod somewhere (this is for my personal use and will not be redistributed in any form). I figure there's a way since there's a mod to add the same thing to the "player" frame (which is no interest to me being its "player" and not target). Thanks in advance! =)
I haven't used bUnitFrames, but looking at the screenshot on its page, it looks to be designed as rectangular unit frames mostly devoid of art (like TukUI, etc.)? You do mean this one, right? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nitFrames.html

The dragon graphics used on rares/elites aren't overlays tacked on to the default unit frames. They're just different graphics used for the entire unit frame.

Look here: http://wowprogramming.com/BlizzArt/I...Rare-Elite.png

And even if you did go making your own copies of those and adding code to attach them on target frames of the appropriate type, it'd look terrible just sort of sitting on top of those big blocky bars.

That all said, it is possible to configure bUnitFrames to not create its own target frames (while still using its frames for party, target, pet, raid, etc.) and just use the default Blizzard ones instead, but that's an all-or-nothing proposition: you'd have to use default unit frames for all target types, and you wouldn't get any of the features bUnitFrames has for target units like buff/debuff display.
10-03-12, 06:57 AM   #3
aspenzs
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up =)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nitFrames.html, yes. After digging around I saw that X-Perl, Perl Classic, have the dragon when necessary to the target frame and I noticed showing/hiding is in the UI after reading through that mess. I just figured if both of those have the regular (dragon, pvp icon, etc) then maybe there is a way for myself to add that back into with the Bframes for my own personal use (can't get a response from the author so I'm stuck. The other mentioned player frames have nice stuff but are too heavy for my liking and the regular ones don't have the simple selection of things but the Bframes do but if it's something rather difficult to do without re writing the whole mod then Ill have to shop around. Thanks for the response!!!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Elite/Rare Dragon Graphic