Quantcast How to export creature portraits. - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-06-19, 10:36 PM   #1
pucelle
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
How to export creature portraits.

Hi, I'm developing a WoW web app, I need the boss's round type portrait, just like what shown in the dungeon maps.

I did some research on it, and I already know I can get the portrait by calling an WoW interface API and passing a display id.

So is there a way to export the portraits as image files?

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
08-07-19, 03:45 AM   #2
Ketho
A Molten Giant
 
Ketho's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 879
Originally Posted by pucelle View Post
I did some research on it, and I already know I can get the portrait by calling an WoW interface API and passing a display id.

So is there a way to export the portraits as image files?

You mean specifically the round portraits with the displayID from EJ_GetCreatureInfo() and SetPortraitTextureFromCreatureDisplayID() ?

Since these are essentially cut-outs from model textures I don't think there is a way to export those, no
You might want to ask on wow.tools discord otherwise
  Reply With Quote
08-07-19, 03:59 AM   #3
pucelle
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
You mean specifically the round portraits with the displayID from EJ_GetCreatureInfo() and SetPortraitTextureFromCreatureDisplayID() ?

Since these are essentially cut-outs from model textures I don't think there is a way to export those, no
You might want to ask on wow.tools discord otherwise
Yes, that's just what I want, I know it's very hard, so currently I guess I need to implement a plugin to show portraits in table for specified display ids and take screenshot, then parse them to portrait images.

Thanks very much.

By the way, I'm level 0 at wow AddOn...

Last edited by pucelle : 08-07-19 at 04:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
08-09-19, 05:30 AM   #4
Thubz
A Fallenroot Satyr
 
Thubz's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by pucelle View Post
Yes, that's just what I want, I know it's very hard, so currently I guess I need to implement a plugin to show portraits in table for specified display ids and take screenshot, then parse them to portrait images.

Thanks very much.

By the way, I'm level 0 at wow AddOn...
i use to take the files directly out of the game to create my UI, there is a portrait folder init aswell never checked whats init but might b what your looking for

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Extr...nterface_files
__________________
  Reply With Quote
08-18-19, 08:48 PM   #5
pucelle
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Thubz View Post
i use to take the files directly out of the game to create my UI, there is a portrait folder init aswell never checked whats init but might b what your looking for

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Extr...nterface_files
Thanks for your reply, I've tried this way and makesure it doesn't work.
After all, thanks for you very much.
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to export creature portraits.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off