Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-26-11, 08:51 PM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for someone to help code a Trade Chat Filter

I'd like to find someone to help implement a Trade chat filter addon idea I have. I'm not sure I can get the GUI part done in a reasonable amount of time.

I want to use a Bayesian algorithm to classify trade chat into multiple buckets. The SpamBayes addon uses a modified algorithm that only does 3 buckets. I'd like to use the algorithm implemented in Perl by POPFile that can be trained for a large number of categories.

Each category (including "unclassified") needs GUI to display the chat in that category with the ability to re-classify each chat to any other category. Each category also needs to toggle show or not show in the regular chat window.

What will be unique about this addon is that I envision classifying trade chat into categories such as Trade, LookingFor, GoldSpam, GuildAds and once trained, leaving Trade and LookingFor turned on and turning off GoldSpam and "unclassified" which should contain almost all of the gossip, trolling, trash, etc. It would be desireable to have the ability to report players in each category which can be turned on only for GoldSpam.

I have attempted to train the Spambayes for WoW addon but my "undesireable" trade chat covers too wide a range to successfully train on it. On the other hand, I believe I can train on the "desireable" trade chat and turn off all the rest. While turned off, it still needs to be captured (in a circular buffer) so that training can still occur.

If Blizzard increased the size of the ignore list by an order of magnitude, then I might be able to get some peace. I don't want to turn Trade off completely because I like to respond to trade/profession requests. I believe this addon could actually return "my" Trade chat to what I believe was originally intended.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for someone to help code a Trade Chat Filter