03-29-11, 06:16 PM   #1
Thirus
A Murloc Raider
odd behaviour of certain fonts with oUF(problem solved)

Hello,

I am currently fiddling around with oUF_classic and trying to set up my own layout, but what bothers me is the incompatibility(?!) of certain fonts with oUF.

For example "Swis Bold 721" and "Semplice Regular" work perfectly without any errors, but "VisitorTT1" and "SF Square Head" and many others get me this lua error:

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:577: <unnamed>:SetFormattedText(): Font not set
Time: 03/30/11 01:48:48
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `SetFormattedText'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:577: in function `UpdateTag'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:412: in function `func'
Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:294: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:289>
(tail call): ?

Locals: (*temporary) = <unnamed> {
 parent = oUF_ClassicPlayer {
 }
 UpdateTag = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oUF\elements\tags.lua:568
 0 = <userdata>
}
(*temporary) = "%s%s%s"
(*temporary) = ""
(*temporary) = ""
(*temporary) = "117k5/117k5"
They are all .ttf files and I can't image a reason why some fonts should and some shouldn't work. To negotiate an error on my side I put those "not working" fonts into oUF_elen and it provided me the exact same lua error(aside from the hp format).
So, is there a certain trick to make them work or do I have to live with an hardly limited arsenal of fonts?

solution: apparently some fonts do require you to restart wow, so thats the solution.

Last edited by Thirus : 03-29-11 at 06:38 PM. Reason: solution
03-30-11, 03:05 AM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
New resources/files always require you to restart your client. The client basically has a whitelist over what files you can access.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » odd behaviour of certain fonts with oUF