12-19-15, 03:23 PM   #1
badness
A Cliff Giant

Stuf Raid/Lily Icons Help

1) I've noticed that alt characters in my stuf raid frames sometimes show up as "?", its mostly alt e's and i's...so i was wondering if there is some function or table that needs an update? If so can i possibly get some help in doing so?

2) Is it possible for you to make Lilly's buttonfacade skin for rActionBarStyler? I already got permission from her to edit it or convert it just wanna know how I would go about doing that.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...acadeLily.html
12-19-15, 05:36 PM   #2
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The reason the text is likely like that is due to it not supporting those characters, so it can't show them and isn't necessarily a stUf issue.

As for mine, you need the button styler to change it visually (if i am reading the addon correctly).

I can't actually view both addons in game so you might have to do most of the leg work, as I currently don't play, but if you look into the media folder of rActionButtonStyler, there is a media folder and in mine a Texture folder.

Rename the appropriate files to match the ones in rActionButtonStyler, override the files in his, and it might work, although there might be a need to edit some parts of the lua file to make them proper.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 12-19-15 at 05:41 PM.
12-19-15, 06:16 PM   #3
badness
A Cliff Giant

Yea i already tired all the basic stuff like changing the files and the names and it doesn't fit like you mentioned. I'm just not sure where in the lua to make the borders fit properly. I'm also trying to get the textures fit rBuffFrameStyler.

Last edited by badness : 12-19-15 at 07:02 PM.
12-20-15, 12:54 PM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Whatever font you're using doesn't have a symbol for the character it's trying to represent, you'll have to try a different one.
12-20-15, 02:17 PM   #5
badness
A Cliff Giant

Interesting take but I use that font throughout my entire UI and those names or characters show up in their entirety on any other addon...its just StufRaid which gives me this problem.
12-20-15, 03:38 PM   #6
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by badness View Post
Interesting take but I use that font throughout my entire UI and those names or characters show up in their entirety on any other addon...its just StufRaid which gives me this problem.
If that's the case, and judging by the fact that the question marks are at the end of the string, it's probably trying to truncate the text in a way that isn't UTF-8 safe.

Those "special" characters use 2 bytes to display, and string.sub counts individual bytes, so when it tries to cut the string off in the middle of a multi-byte character it ends up attempting to display the first byte as a character on its own, which is why it's showing a question mark.

In the picture, names are being truncated to 6 characters. Triñ takes 5 bytes to display 4 characters because of the ñ, this only leaves 1 more byte for the string, so presumably the next character also requires 2 bytes to display and it's being cut off after the first one.

Last edited by semlar : 12-20-15 at 03:45 PM.
12-21-15, 09:43 AM   #7
badness
A Cliff Giant

Yea this makes a lot more sense so if I understand you correctly there is not any definite way to fix this judging by where i truncate the text and where the alt character falls.

Also I still cant get the Lily Borders to fit rBuffFrameSytler any help?
12-21-15, 11:49 AM   #8
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by badness View Post
Yea this makes a lot more sense so if I understand you correctly there is not any definite way to fix this judging by where i truncate the text and where the alt character falls.
Oddly enough Stuf attempts to use a "string.utf8sub" function if it's already been defined somewhere, but as far as I can tell doesn't create one itself. They list UTF8 as an optional dependency in StufRaid's toc file, so presumably you could just download this library and install it like an addon and have it behave the way you expect it to.

Personally I would have just set a max width on the font string itself and let it wrap any letters that don't fit to an invisible line; since individual characters have varying widths and different fonts have different sizes you'd have to adjust the character limit every time you change how it looks to make sure it fits, and "Iiiiii" takes up substantially less space than "Mmmmmm" even though they use the same number of letters.
12-21-15, 04:18 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, I agree with the fontstring width suggestion.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-22-15, 11:42 AM   #10
badness
A Cliff Giant

The library worked like a charm thanks very much! Also any tips on how I can get the Lily Borders to fit rBuffFrameSytler?
01-02-16, 02:19 PM   #11
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

I'll probably be coming back for Legion, so I'll most likely update my buttons ofr what ever addon is relevant that does it at the time.

01-02-16, 07:28 PM   #12
badness
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
I'll probably be coming back for Legion, so I'll most likely update my buttons ofr what ever addon is relevant that does it at the time.
Awesome! I'm very pleased to hear that
04-15-18, 04:36 AM   #13
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Know this is like two years late, but the addon is currently updated to work for legion and the current patch once it gets approved.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Stuf Raid/Lily Icons Help