08-26-09, 01:35 AM   #1
Gorkilein
A Murloc Raider
Missing features

I am missing some features I belive some of it where included in earlier versions. Can you check / reinclude?

1. Key binding for sharing quests off the questwatcher so one does not need to rightclick and menu select each time

2. Settings to configure the layer level of the minimap and the displays there (ore from wow, players or quests of carbonite and so on). I know the alt and ctrl bindings but since one does have to press them each time this drives me crazy

3. I would like an additional filter so you can HIDE as well as SHOW the finished quests (now one can only show if I remember right)

4. Import function for Gathermate data since the carbonite is missing many locations and seems to not save them as I gather.

5. Rrings around the gatherpoints as the ore is in range like e.g. Gathermate and the fading icons at the edge of the minimap to see where the most ore points are. Then one could use carbonite instead. Until now I use Gathermate since carbonite misses these features

6. Thanks!

Would be glad to get feedback if you plan to include some of these in the next versions.

Last edited by Gorkilein : 08-26-09 at 09:11 AM.

08-26-09, 09:53 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gorkilein View Post
3. I would like an additional filter so you can HIDE as well as SHOW the finished quests (now one can only show if I remember right)
Well, it's a checkbox. And for checkboxes, well, checked means the description is valid, unchecked means the opposite of the description is valid. And the opposite of "Show finished quests" is... "Hide finished quests".

So:
Checked = Show finished quests
Unchecked (default) = Hide finished quests

08-27-09, 12:23 PM   #3
Gorkilein
A Murloc Raider
I would like to ONLY show finished ones or ONLY unfinished ones
If I do not cross this checkbox he does show ALL quests finished AND patitially finished ones which is normally ok since one does need to turn them in some times.

I believe there was an option to hide finished Quests by default in the options but this then hides them ALLWAYS.

I would like an Option to quickly hide them without changing the options all time cause sometimes one likes to quest without turning in and the finished ones do use space in the Questlist in these cases.

Something you can get rid of them quickly.

Anyway one of the most needed is the Option to have a Keybinding like ALT+Mouseclick to share quests.
I am sure this was possible in earlier versions and wonder why it was removed.

08-30-09, 11:41 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We generally don't remove features. None of the things you mention were in previous versions. We have no specifics on what will be in the next version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Missing features