08-17-12, 09:59 PM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite maps in MoP

no this isn't another thread asking is it coming, are devs alive yadda yadda... i've read enough of those to know the answers.

I didn't want to be left without if they don't update it for 5.0, so..

I have carbonite working in MoP beta through fixing the lua errors, and soft-bandaging missing parts (like real tomtom instead of emulated, new quest database etc) so now i'm back working fully... except the panda map is not there... (nice big black spot on the map lol) is this something I can fix myself anyone know?

08-19-12, 05:28 PM   #2
worlord
A Defias Bandit
If you get the map can you share your installation? I would really be intereseted in this, even if it is just a "fan update"
I also found this map. Not sure if its large enough or not.

http://worldofmapcraft.com/#/3304/3752/3/

08-20-12, 01:34 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it's all working, just ... broken at the same time

1) Points of interest in old world are missing
2) transparency on minimap is buggy (can't go transparent at all or it blacks out)
3) Quest tracking works / displays, but had to install tomtom since carb doesn't know the quests to use it's built-in arrow

It's really hard to do anything with it since the code makes no sense to anyone but them in a lot of places, like the points of interest / quest db's. So hopefully they do update it, but at least I have it working enough to get by if they don't... I'm a stickler for change and really hated the idea of a new minimap / quest tracker.

08-20-12, 05:59 AM   #4
worlord
A Defias Bandit
Right there with you. I have been looking for a map replacement just in case this addon is dead in the water. Have not been able to find anything like the zoomable map, since cartographer 3 was the only other one that i could find is offically dead. Thank you for all the hard work and persistance you have done to get the addon working as much as it has already!

08-20-12, 06:06 AM   #5
Cherio
A Fallenroot Satyr
With my limited knowledge , carbonite doesnt use/call the world map per say , its also uses/calls the actual full minimap view of the world and some how layer them together
I hope you reach somewhere you are doing lots of player a great work in absense of dev

Last edited by Cherio : 08-20-12 at 06:10 AM.

08-20-12, 10:08 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it actually uses both it's own internal map that is built from the full map, and the real minimap and displays both at the same time... by default usually when outdoors the "real" minimap is a circle in the middle of the carbonite map set at 50% transparency, that was the transparency bug I encountered, as it can no longer be transparent at all when in a town or else it goes black... this has been a bug in the wow minimap for ages (and why it "docks" and goes to no transparency when ever you go inside a building) and has just gotten worse with the MoP beta. On the plus side, unlike on live.. for some reason on the beta it looks fine set to no transparency.

With what I have now, it's always displaying the full "real" minimap and is zoomable in and out across any part of the world like it should be. This works everywhere, every continent, including MoP zones.

What I don't have is the carbonite outter map that goes around the real minimap, and also provides the points of interest... that one only seems to be working in outlands and northrend. But if you set your minimap dock to "full" so it covers the carbonite portion of the map, it works everywhere.

08-29-12, 05:05 AM   #7
Kelinci
A Kobold Labourer
I would also be super interested in this, especially if I could just get the map. I cannot happily bg without the carb map and its absence is makin me sad

08-29-12, 12:55 PM   #8
chellylynn88
A Defias Bandit
So is there another addon that I could use for the zooming map if carbonite goes?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite maps in MoP