06-15-07, 11:12 AM   #1
shadowgiant
A Murloc Raider
An unagressive plea to MazzleFizz

Hiya mazzle, my name is eric. basically what im doing here is try to get your forums back under control by helping the public out, since this is what it's all about.

You are an artist, you have produced a compilation unlike anything anyone has ever seen, and people adore you for it. I myself am a graphic artist so i too know what it is like to produce something that the world may love or hate, and you have received the praise. I am not going to jump into an impatient blabfest about "hey mazzle, get this done" or "dude, wtf, make me an interface". These posts and responses have done nothing but cause bitterness on your end, having to listen to the world about something you gave them for free.
Basically what i want to do is be a neutral party for you. Everyone has asked the question a million times, but in haste and with annoyance and impatience, that question was distorted.

I know what its like to produce something, spreading it to the world, and then getting hit wave after wave with comments, suggestions and criticisms. it doesn't help your creativity and sure as hell doesn't make you wanna do more.
What we have here is a "failure to communicate" between everyone that uses your UI.

You took time from your life to make everyones playing experience better and you accomplished that with leaps and bounds.
But as human nature has taught us, it is never enough.
What i am proposing is a long winded statement on my behalf for a short, concise answer on your behalf. We love your accomplishment, hell i would even spam blizzard with emails telling them to make your UI the default interface. And after all your hard work, we need support from you, not what you are building but the words that will make us love your work and support you to the end.
Im not sure if you are familiar with the star wars galaxies MMO, but basically the game went to hell, and through the skills of some masterful coders and dedication from the developers and users, they have managed to reverse engineer the whole game so that an emulator can be produced to bring back the game we loved. What happened here was, the community supported the developer in all their needs, and the project is turning out to be something that will go down in gaming history.

Not to go off topic, but what we need here is some community support. You need to hear that we need you, and we need to hear that you want to help us. What i want to do now is let you know that i have a bachelors in computer graphics, and i am offering my services to help you with your compilation, because honestly, i can't enjoy my game without mazzleUI. I am willing to progressively become a community supporter to this project and allow you to ease some of the burden onto me, and maybe even a few others who want to join.

What i need from you now mazzle is a response.
Can you provide us with the simple words that will alleviate any tension on these forums and bring an untold amount of support from the world, in order to make history.

We need a definitive answer, in the form of Yes, No, or maybe(support pending), so that we can either choose to love what you have made until our computers explode, or we can make something that matters.

I am not an impatient forum troll waiting for you to respond, i ask that you think about this opportunity for me. I am willing to dedicate my time to you for help. I can guarantee that the 218,762 people that are on board with this UI are more than willing to help.

I await your answer, and any form of offering that you may have for me to make this work.

Take care mazzle.
your friend
Eric
06-15-07, 11:25 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ummm....I'd answer, but I really have no idea what the question is. Thanks for the nice sentiments, though.
06-15-07, 11:28 AM   #3
shadowgiant
A Murloc Raider
basically im asking if the ui will be continued, and if so, do you need help?
06-15-07, 11:30 AM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Of course it's going to be continued.

p.s. - Mazzle! I remembered not to use green text this time!

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-15-07, 11:32 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh. Then yes. I have a big update in the works.
06-15-07, 11:35 AM   #6
shadowgiant
A Murloc Raider
thanks for the response mazzle, i appreciate it. is there anything i can do to help? my offer will always stand.
06-15-07, 11:41 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by shadowgiant
thanks for the response mazzle, i appreciate it. is there anything i can do to help? my offer will always stand.
You may want to check out Joypunk's thread "Chance to Help Mazzle - The Burning Crusade Button Layouts". That's a pretty straightforward way to help.
06-15-07, 12:03 PM   #8
shadowgiant
A Murloc Raider
can i bug you on one thing mazzle? i have my druid, ive read all the FAQ, looked at your post about druid bars, and it still hasn't fixed anything....i have no problems changing into bear, the bars shift....when i go into cat form, the bars dont shift at all. i've done the stuff about deleting the stuff in WTF, got rid of the rules, etc, even got rid of autobar, and its still doing the same thing. any other ideas why it wont? sorry to bug you, this is honestly the only problem i've ever had with your ui lol
06-15-07, 12:11 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you don't know aquatic form, try learning it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » An unagressive plea to MazzleFizz