01-27-10, 11:09 PM   #1
killershadow
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite 3.3: Quest List does not get updated as I add new quests.

Hi,
Carbonite 3.3: Everytime that I get a new quest, the Carbonite questlist doesn't get updated. which means that it doesn't appear on the questlist. How should I fix this problem. (Right now, I'm doing quests in Zangarmarsh and Hellfire Peninsula).

02-01-10, 11:33 AM   #2
Aximili
A Murloc Raider
I've had the same problem for a while now and i know what the problem is. Once in a while when accepting a quest from a NPC there'll be a bug preventing this quest from getting registered into the quest log and all quests you'll take after this bug won't be registered either. Well if you reload the game, apart from the one that didn't get registered the new ones will appear, the only way i foun to get rid of this problem ( appart from reinstalling wow ) is to finish the quest that bugged ( even though you can't see it in the quest log, so it might be hard to remember what quest it was to finish it ) and use a portal to travel to another area. In my case i found out that each time i get a daily fishing quest this bug happen, i also had the same bug on several other quests. I learned to detect this bug by the sound, each time you accept a quest you hear a specific sound but when the bug happen you don'y hear it, so i just make sure to remember the quest i just took and do it asap.

By the way i'm playing in french so i'm wondering whether or not this bug come from that ( as quests names, areas names and other things are different maybe some translations are wrong and it cause this bug).

Last edited by Aximili : 02-01-10 at 11:37 AM.

02-03-10, 06:31 AM   #3
Kyrianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Same error plus......

In addition to the problems mentioned above I'd also like to note that after getting the bug the quest tracker will not update whatsoever. The bug first appeared when I obtained the Alchemy quest to learn the Cardinal Ruby transmute if that helps you narrow it down any.

03-07-10, 05:00 PM   #4
Smarties
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Kyrianna View Post
In addition to the problems mentioned above I'd also like to note that after getting the bug the quest tracker will not update whatsoever. The bug first appeared when I obtained the Alchemy quest to learn the Cardinal Ruby transmute if that helps you narrow it down any.
Same for me now I think about it.

02-03-10, 12:14 PM   #5
Baby4ewy
A Kobold Labourer
The last patch may have reset somethings.

Hope this helps. I had the same problem, and it took me all day yesterday trying to figure out how to fix it, or at least temporary fix it. Go to "Game Menu" -> "Interface" -> in the left pane, select "Objectives". Check both boxes "Automatic Quest Tracking" and "Automatic Quest Progress Updates". The boxes will, for some reason, uncheck themselves when you exit the game, so you have to recheck the boxes when you come back. The patch created a major glitch imo.

02-04-10, 10:35 PM   #6
Kyrianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Baby4ewy View Post
Hope this helps. I had the same problem, and it took me all day yesterday trying to figure out how to fix it, or at least temporary fix it. Go to "Game Menu" -> "Interface" -> in the left pane, select "Objectives". Check both boxes "Automatic Quest Tracking" and "Automatic Quest Progress Updates". The boxes will, for some reason, uncheck themselves when you exit the game, so you have to recheck the boxes when you come back. The patch created a major glitch imo.
Thank you for the thought, but unfortunately this made no difference. The error temporarily resolves itself upon restarting WoW, but only until I turn a quest in, then it's back. Also disabling Carbonite has no effect here. A petition to the GM suggested deleting WTF, Cache, and Interface folders and starting from scratch, and I'm just about ready to do it!

02-05-10, 02:31 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't delete them, just rename them. That way if the problem isn't solved, you can just rename them again and you won't have to spend all that time replacing and configuring the addons you deleted. Besides, deleting those folders is pretty much like reinstalling WoW. It just doesn't have to patch forever 'til you can play again.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-05-10 at 02:33 AM.

02-05-10, 12:10 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have not seen this happen on my computer or the one my son plays on.

Have you tried it with all other addons disabled to rule out a conflict?

Press Esc, select Interface, select Help and make sure Display Lua Errors is on.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 02-05-10 at 12:13 PM.

02-05-10, 07:39 PM   #9
DaBear78
A Murloc Raider
I get exactly the same problem. Sometimes new quests aren't displayed on the map and the tracker. If I look into the Blizzard-log (ALT-L) it is also not listed, but it's still active and I can complete it normally. Restarting the game etc. does not help. The only solution I found is to disable all AddOns. When they are disabled I get the quest listed in the official log the next time I log in. Then I can log out and enable the AddOns again. When I now log in the quest is still there (on the Carbonite-tracker, the minimap and the Blizzard-log) and everything works normal again, until I get a 'problematic' quest again. Later this day I will try if disabling Carbonite is enough or if I really have to disable all my AddOns (I haven't tried this before, 'cause clicking the "Disable all" button is easier then searching and disabling Carbonite manually, because I use a lot of AddOns ^^). I will report later then, after I got a problematic quest again.

Additional info: There were also a lot of quests missing on the tracker, map and Blizzard-log when I logged in the first time after the 3.3.2 patch was applied (they were normally shown just before the patch was live). From about 15 quest i had in the redridge mountains only 3 or 4 were shown and newly taken quest also doesn't show up, only after the logout-disableaddons-login-logout-enableaddons-login thing ^^

I hope this issue can easily be fixed, 'cause I really love Carbonite and don't want to miss it.

By the way, I use a german client, so this seems not to be a problem with the french client @ Aximili

P.S.: Any incorrect spellings, grammatical mistakes and similar things are only for your entertainment! I hope you enjoy them and don't blame my moderate english-skills.

02-06-10, 06:19 PM   #10
Kyrianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I have not seen this happen on my computer or the one my son plays on.

Have you tried it with all other addons disabled to rule out a conflict?

Press Esc, select Interface, select Help and make sure Display Lua Errors is on.
Unfortunately have to work through the weekend, but will try this as soon as I am able and report back with the results.

Encouraging to know that disabling all addons fixes the problem. I will definitely try that as well if disabling all but Carbonite doesn't do the job.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 3.3: Quest List does not get updated as I add new quests.