01-17-13, 07:01 PM   #1
Destori
A Murloc Raider
Lost Toon Icon - In Game

Hi,

Hoping someone here can assist me. My character icon has disappeared. I had unlocked it to move it once, but then locked it back. So not sure why it isn't there anymore. Any ideas how I can get it back? Or if there is an addon I can use to show my health/mana?

Thanks!
01-17-13, 09:04 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Is it back in place if you disable all of your addons?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-17-13, 09:40 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ummmmm........ I just have to ask this: Why was this post transferred to the Carbonite forums when it actually has absolutely nothing to do with Carbonite? I mean, it seems to be about unit frames, and Carbonite doesn't do anything with unit frames.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-17-13, 09:57 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It wasn't. I actually moved this thread out of the carbonite forums and deleted the duplicate post in a UI comments thread.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-17-13, 09:59 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

WHOOPS!! Sorry 'bout that, Seerah. I must've caught it in the short time it was on the Carbonite forums.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-17-13, 10:11 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I moved it before posting my first response.

But you probably just saw it listed on the Carbonite forum with the word "MOVED" in front of it. The redirect will disappear eventually.

/off-topic

01-19-13, 06:54 PM   #7
Destori
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Is it back in place if you disable all of your addons?
No it does not, and it is only for one toon. All the other toons I have the icon in the top left corner is there.

I had unlocked the frame unit, because I was trying to rearrange the UI, but then I locked it back. Everytime I would log on it appeared in a different spot, until finally it is not there at all.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks!
01-19-13, 08:58 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Try:

/run PlayerFrame:ClearAllPoints() PlayerFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent)

This should move the player unit frame to the center of your screen, and you should then be able to unlock it again and move it to the place you actually want it.

If the frame continues disappearing or moving, try deleting this file:

World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/123456#1/RealmName/CharacterName/layout-local.txt

...where 123456#1 is your account number, and RealmName and CharacterName are exactly what they sound like. This file stores the positions of all non-addon frames; it may have become unwritable or corrupt.
01-20-13, 01:13 AM   #9
Destori
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Try:

This should move the player unit frame to the center of your screen, and you should then be able to unlock it again and move it to the place you actually want it.

If the frame continues disappearing or moving, try deleting this file:

World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/123456#1/RealmName/CharacterName/layout-local.txt

...where 123456#1 is your account number, and RealmName and CharacterName are exactly what they sound like. This file stores the positions of all non-addon frames; it may have become unwritable or corrupt.
I will give this a try as soon as I can and let you. I appreciate the assistance. Thanks!
01-21-13, 07:25 AM   #10
Destori
A Murloc Raider
[quote=Phanx;272172]Try:

So the above worked like a charm. Thanks so very much!

Destori

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lost Toon Icon - In Game