09-25-08, 03:11 PM   #1
Klishu
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for People for New Addon Project

I'm looking for at least two people who would like to help me lead an addon project. My previous addon, BGSoundAlerts, unfortunately has to stop and I'd like to remain in the "business". But this time, I'm going for something completely new and I'd like to work with a team. What I need are two other people willing to try their hand at helping me code a new addon named Tactition.

Tactition will be a raid manager which allows the raid leader to easily assign roles to the rest of the raid while displaying to each player in the raid his/her objectives (depending on his/her role). As an example, for the Vashj fight, people who are on the elementals duty will get objectives like "Kill the elementals", "Kill the poisoned elemental", "Loot the Poisoned Core" and "Use the Core to disable the shield". The good thing is that all this is displayed to the people who are assigned this role, therefore avoiding unnecessary information being displayed to other raid members.

For people who are interested, it is preferred that you have worked on one other addon which you made public before. Simply send me an e-mail on [email protected], with some background about your "addon career", if you want to give it a try or for more information.

See you,
Klishu
09-25-08, 03:23 PM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Maybe you should patch the one mod you do have so your userbase is happy before you move onto your next project.

I might be interested in helping with Tactition, as I've thought about implementing a similar mod at times, like when I first tried organizing a raid and realized how difficult it could be. Just click the Addon Author button under my name to evaluate my "addon career".
09-25-08, 03:29 PM   #3
Klishu
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunately, BGSoundAlerts requires a type of patching (new sounds basically) that I'm not able to provide. The voice actor who was helping me couldn't continue working on BGSoundAlerts so that I had to take the decision to try something new. I did make a couple of other addons, such as Monster Watch, but BGSoundAlerts always turned out to be the best. Also, I've lost interest in Battleground PvP so that I'm now mostly orientated towards high-end PvE and seeing how frustrating leading a raid can be, I thought an excellent idea would be to make an addon that helps you lead a raid.
09-25-08, 04:12 PM   #4
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Why do you need new sounds?
09-25-08, 04:18 PM   #5
Klishu
A Murloc Raider
Well, BGSoundAlerts added vocal sound announcements to battlegrounds. So for things like the arena and new battleground, I need new announcements.
09-25-08, 04:37 PM   #6
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'd be interested in hearing more about your project. Feel free to have a look at my profile here on WoWI for a list of my addons (although you might want to wait until Monday - the next addon is just being tidied up and should be released by then).
09-26-08, 10:10 AM   #7
Klishu
A Murloc Raider
I've sent a PM to those that expressed interest in this.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking for People for New Addon Project