07-22-10, 03:06 PM   #1
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Buffs / Debuffs Bars

I'm thinking / trying to incorporate some kind of ClassTimer into my oUF layout. I know there is oUF_AuraBars already as an addon but I want something built-in and more personalized.

oUF_AuraBars creates a new element (AuraBars) with :AddElement. My question is would it be possible to achieve something like that but using ouF Aura system?

The problem I'm thinking is ouF supports only 1 frame of Buffs / Debuffs for each individual frame (player, target...).

How would it be possible to have a different set of player buffs or target debuffs (for example)?
07-22-10, 04:19 PM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

You can create buffs, debuffs and auras per unit. While auras contain buffs and debuffs. You could go with the normal buffs and debuffs per unit and additionally use a filter for auras to only show buffs OR debuffs OR a black/whitelist containing whatever you want to show on your auras.

Different sets aren't a good idea, imho. Just apply a custom filter.

Afaik, AuraBars can make use of filters, too. There should be no need to implement this into your layout.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

07-22-10, 04:29 PM   #3
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks for the answer Dawn.

I was thinking to use a Whitelist instead of a Filter, I don't think AuraBars supports a Whitelist and that is one of the reasons I was thinking achieving something like this. And I never know when will the developer of AuraBars stop supporting so I prefer to trust to myself the updates.

Ok, I'm still a bit blind into the matter but I'll look more into it, if I don't succeed I'll just integrate oUF_AuraBars and do what I want with it.

Last edited by neverg : 07-22-10 at 05:39 PM.
07-22-10, 05:40 PM   #4
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

After reading what I wrote I think I didn't get myself clear (blame my English writing skills). I have my player frame and target with self.Debuffs and self.Buffs set. Is it possible to add a display somewhere of the same buffs and debuffs but filtered in some way? i.e., like displaying twice the buffs on my player/target frames but in different ways.

EDIT - I wasn't using the .Auras so I'm trying to achieve what I want using that.

But to make it clear what I wanted previously it was a way to, for example create a .Auras2. Imagine I have on player frame > self.Auras (bla bla bla). How easy is to have a different set of Auras, like for player frame again: self.Auras2, bla bla bla? :P

I don't know If I'm making myself clear. I don't know how .Buffs, . Debuffs or .Auras are create I assume they are some sort of Overrides of Blizzard ones? If they would function like a Type it would be easy to create more Frames of that type (if that makes any sense).

Anyway I think I can get there by using .Auras.

Last edited by neverg : 07-22-10 at 09:13 PM.
07-23-10, 02:15 PM   #5
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

One of my old layouts had this. I blacklisted out a list of buffs (and Arcane Blast which is a debuff) from .Buffs and .Debuffs then I spawned .Auras with the same list but whitelisting those buffs (and debuff) instead.
07-27-10, 02:13 AM   #6
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

I Kinda achieve this using oUF_AuraBars as example. I tried to implement it using the Aura system more instead of reading all the aura info and dumping into a vector, anyway I will try to rework it sometime in the feature.

oUF_AuraBars haven't been updated to 1.4 and this way I have it working.

Anyway I ran into a problem that is driving me nuts.

The problem is when I deselect my current target the Bar Timers still remain up. They are no longer updated but they remain on the screen till I switch to another target or re-target the same unit.

I thought of in the update function to check for if self == target and if unitexists(self) and if not hide the bartimers frame, but it's not working. :S

Could anyway give me some help on how to achieve this and why I'm failing?

My oUF Code is here: http://code.google.com/p/lumenui/sou.../oUF_lumen.lua

It starts on line: 1173.

I tried this to hide when the targer doesn't exist:

Code:
  -- Trying to Hide the frames if Target doesn't exist
                if(self == 'target' and not UnitExists('target')) then
                        for index = lastIndex, #bars do
                                bars[index]:Hide()
                        end
               end

Thanks!
07-27-10, 05:45 AM   #7
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Have you tried registering the UNIT_TARGET event ?
07-27-10, 07:03 AM   #8
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Rostok View Post
Have you tried registering the UNIT_TARGET event ?
No. But now I will try. :P Don't know all the events by heart, thanks. Will try that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Buffs / Debuffs Bars