01-30-11, 07:42 PM   #4881
khangg
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by eiszeit View Post
What buff mod & chat mod are you using?
nivBuffs and bChat.

Originally Posted by Xhelius View Post
Curious as to the quest mod you are using. The one next to the minimap and the waypoint arrow.

Overall I like it.

Thanks !
It's Zygor's in-game guide, and thank you (:

Here's my ui in a bg.

http://pixur.us/?v=6ev1ij9x.jpg

Last edited by khangg : 01-30-11 at 07:46 PM.

01-30-11, 07:59 PM   #4882
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I released CalaiUI 3.0, but I'm still buggering with the unitframes.

Can I get some feedback?

Old unitframes; I've had these forever, well since Loui and the old LUI setup. I've wanted to get away from them but for the past they were great. I guess creativity finally hit me.

I built in some truncating for the name if it gets too long.

Here is a full shot, ignore the target/target frame. I didn't feel like hacking up kgPanels to move it yet until I figure out the main frame.

Last edited by Ither : 01-30-11 at 08:04 PM.

01-30-11, 09:48 PM   #4883
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post

Can I get some feedback?

Old unitframes; I've had these forever, well since Loui and the old LUI setup. I've wanted to get away from them but for the past they were great. I guess creativity finally hit me.
I like it, is clean and simple, and, to steal Zorks line...simple is beautiful~

01-30-11, 10:00 PM   #4884
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Latest wip, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pally orbs.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	5660  

01-31-11, 02:22 AM   #4885
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Serious? I hate it. *grin*

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

01-31-11, 03:09 AM   #4886
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Can I get some feedback?

I built in some truncating for the name if it gets too long.

Here is a full shot, ignore the target/target frame. I didn't feel like hacking up kgPanels to move it yet until I figure out the main frame.

An chatt addon that removes, those ugly buttons, those bleh chat tabs.

here is what i think you need to fix.

Pally power? :O is it really needed anymore? :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calaiuf3.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	5661  

01-31-11, 09:07 AM   #4887
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
An chatt addon that removes, those ugly buttons, those bleh chat tabs.

here is what i think you need to fix.

Pally power? :O is it really needed anymore? :P
LOL.

Here is the final unitframe setup;

About what you hightlighted;

I'm thinking about making the micromenu complete invisible unless you hover over it. It's just one of those things that there is really no place to put it.

PallyPower is more of a timer/notifier of missing buff than anything else. It's really useless now LOL. I just leave it because, well I never removed it *shrug*.

The two buttons off to side of the main bars is the trinket bar. I actually removed it from 2.0, however my fans demanded it so it went back. I also tend to find it rather useful now LOL.

01-31-11, 09:41 AM   #4888
Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I'm thinking about making the micromenu complete invisible unless you hover over it. It's just one of those things that there is really no place to put it.
It's not like the MicroMenu has anything on it you can't access easily with a keybind. I don't want to get into a keybinding argument here, but it seems like a lot of people have trouble finding a place for it, and I've just never really understood why anyone even bothers. Just hide it and be done with it.

01-31-11, 09:59 AM   #4889
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Gandoch View Post
It's not like the MicroMenu has anything on it you can't access easily with a keybind. I don't want to get into a keybinding argument here, but it seems like a lot of people have trouble finding a place for it, and I've just never really understood why anyone even bothers. Just hide it and be done with it.
You're absolutely right! I use keybinding for everything I need on that bar. The problem, as a UI designer, is not thinking of those who are not as "efficient" as us. I have to keep them in mind, I may just hide it completely and if my fans want it they can simply unhide it if necessary.

01-31-11, 12:46 PM   #4890
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Things like MicroMenu, experience bar, etc. are perfect candidates for being shown on mouse over.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

01-31-11, 02:20 PM   #4891
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're absolutely right! I use keybinding for everything I need on that bar. The problem, as a UI designer, is not thinking of those who are not as "efficient" as us. I have to keep them in mind, I may just hide it completely and if my fans want it they can simply unhide it if necessary.
You can always implement it elsewhere. Tukui, as an example, has it hidden completely but you can still access it via middle mouse click on the minimap (it opens up a dropdown menu). In the end though, its all about what *you* want.

Just an idea

01-31-11, 02:42 PM   #4892
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
You can always implement it elsewhere. Tukui, as an example, has it hidden completely but you can still access it via middle mouse click on the minimap (it opens up a dropdown menu). In the end though, its all about what *you* want.

Just an idea
Haha. You're right! That is why most of my "cool" stuff is not in my UI release because I don't want anyone having it.

01-31-11, 03:23 PM   #4893
Cala
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Gandoch View Post
I have it hidden until mouseover via Dominos. I personally like having it that way, just in case I'm in a conversation in guild and I want to link something from the spellbook... but I'm halfway through the message. I believe Nibelhiem has a very attractive addon for styling the micro menu if you want to go that route of having it visible but not take up that much room.

To get this post somewhat back on topic, the monstrosity of my UI... that I want to completely destroy at the moment.

I want to do something different, but I have no clue as to what. =\ If you have suggestions, I'm more than happy to hear them.

Last edited by Cala : 01-31-11 at 03:34 PM. Reason: halp?

01-31-11, 04:36 PM   #4894
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Cala View Post
I have it hidden until mouseover via Dominos. I personally like having it that way, just in case I'm in a conversation in guild and I want to link something from the spellbook... but I'm halfway through the message. I believe Nibelhiem has a very attractive addon for styling the micro menu if you want to go that route of having it visible but not take up that much room.

To get this post somewhat back on topic, the monstrosity of my UI... that I want to completely destroy at the moment.

I want to do something different, but I have no clue as to what. =\ If you have suggestions, I'm more than happy to hear them.
Sorry, but your ui doesn't qualify for monstrosity status. I've seen monstrous ui's. I've created a few myself. I've even approved a few for download here on WoWI (carefully not naming names).

The point is, don't downgrade your ui. It's a pretty good setup.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

01-31-11, 04:46 PM   #4895
Cala
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Sorry, but your ui doesn't qualify for monstrosity status. I've seen monstrous ui's. I've created a few myself. I've even approved a few for download here on WoWI (carefully not naming names).

The point is, don't downgrade your ui. It's a pretty good setup.
Thanks. I think my main problem is with my UFs - I'm just not happy with them. I've tried so many and I always wind up finding some fault with the new setup and going back to the old frames. I think when I actually get some spare time I might tinker with some UFs (Lyn's) that I know I love that just don't work anymore.

01-31-11, 07:11 PM   #4896
Ither
A Firelord

I've even approved a few for download here on WoWI (carefully not naming names).
HEY! Don't talk about my beautimus UI like that. /tear

01-31-11, 07:19 PM   #4897
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

HEY! Don't talk about my beautimus UI like that. /tear
Not you. Your ui's are fine. Your avatar, however, scores about an 8.5 on the creepy-ometer.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

01-31-11, 07:30 PM   #4898
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Cala View Post
Thanks. I think my main problem is with my UFs - I'm just not happy with them. I've tried so many and I always wind up finding some fault with the new setup and going back to the old frames. I think when I actually get some spare time I might tinker with some UFs (Lyn's) that I know I love that just don't work anymore.
That's because you ruined your awesome UFs by changing the font and that horrible texture!

01-31-11, 07:59 PM   #4899
Cala
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
That's because you ruined your awesome UFs by changing the font and that horrible texture!
I'm quite nearsighted and have to give myself easier to read fonts. :P I love your UFs neverg, I just get cranky with the entire thing on occasion.

01-31-11, 08:32 PM   #4900
Ither
A Firelord

Not you. Your ui's are fine. Your avatar, however, scores about an 8.5 on the creepy-ometer.
HAHAH.. It would explain why I'm totally single still! XD

That or it's my SUPER WHITE teeth!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...