09-25-07, 11:01 PM   #1
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2

Fresh Mazzle 1.1 installation after the 2.2 patch. This is the process that I took to fix the mazzification process on a new installation. There are likely shorter routes that you could take on some of the steps, but I took them to try to ensure that there would not be any issues.

1.) Either download or find where you saved the Mazzle1.1.zip file for the 1.1 release and unpack it. Follow the second step of the original installation instructions.
a) Go to your World of Warcraft directory (usually C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft)
b) Rename the "Interface" folder to "Interface Old"
c) Rename the "WTF" folder to "WTF Old"
d) Rename the "Fonts" folder to "Fonts Old"
2.) Login to World of Warcraft and onto your character. Press the escape button to bring up the main menu and choose the Video settings button. Change the video resolution to the appropriate one for your display. Save that configuration and exit the game.

3.) Now follow step 3 from the original installation instructions.
----------------------------------
Step 3: Copy over the new UI files

a) Drag "Interface" folder from the MazzleUI directory in step 1 to your World of Warcraft directory.
b) If you are on a PC: Drag the "Font" folder from the MazzleUI directory in step 1 to your World of Warcraft directory. Note: It'll ask you whether you want to overwrite files. Respond with "Yes to All".
- VERY IMPORTANT: If you are on a Mac and already have a font folder, make sure to move each file from the font folder in the directory you made in step 1 to the font folder in your World of Warcraft directory. Do not just drop the entire font folder in, since the default behavior on a Mac is to replace the entire contents of the directory, i.e. delete your old files.
Now open the file C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua with wordpad. Press Ctrl-H to bring up the replace dialog. Enter the text "self:assert" into the find text input and the text "assert" into the replace text input. Save and close the file.

Now open the file C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua with wordpad. Press Ctrl-F to open the Find dialog. Enter the text "EnableError" into the find text input and press Enter. You will see the line SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0") add 2 dashes -- to the front of that line giving you -- SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0"). Now save and close that file.

Now we will use the Wow Ace Updater to update the mods to their current state. If you do not have WAU yet, you can download it from http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WowAceUpdater. Follow the instructions to install with Internet Explorer for the best/easiest results. Then run WowAceUpdater from your Start->All Programs->WowAce.com menu. Click on File and choose "Update all Installed AddOns", it will run for a moment while it downloads the newest packages. Once that is finished I select the following packages:
  • Cartographer
  • oRA2
  • Prat
  • Cartographer_(Fishing through Vendors)
  • Everything that starts with "FuBar"
  • WitchHunt

Then click on File and choose "Install/Update all Marked Addons With Externals". This will run for another moment and then stop. You can close WAU at this point.

4.) Now we will do step 4 of the original installation instructions. With the exception of item d since we did that before installing MazzleUI. You can do it again if you want, and you should be able to wait until this point to change the video settings. I chose to do it before to help to ensure that step was out of the way and wouldn't cause a problem getting MazzleUI setup.

Step 4: Get WoW ready
a) Log in and choose your realm
b) VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure "LOAD OUT OF DATE ADDONS" IS CHECKED
c) Log in. Wait until a couple of the windows disappear and the MazzleUI installer window appears and greets you. (should take no longer than 30 seconds or so)
d) Hit the escape key and select "Video Options". Set your desired resolution and any other video settings you'd like to modify now.

Warning: If for any reason you decide to go back to your old interface later, you will lose your button layout when performing the following Mazzifying step. The only way to avoid this is to (a) unmark the 'Place Actions in Buttons' option in the Mazzifier or (b) use the included add-on SimpleActionSets to save your current buttons before Mazzifying. If this is a serious concern for you, I suggest the latter option so you can fully explore the button options that MazzleUI provides. There are instructions on how to use SimpleActionSets at the end of this document.
5.) The following problems occured when I first performed the mazzification process:
  • The ItemRack bar was out of place
  • The TrinketMenu was out of place
  • The Bongos bars were not created and filled properly
  • The menu icons and bag slots were showing at the bottom righthand side of the screen
  • The ContextMenu was not working properly

a) Press Enter and type the command "/itemrack" to get rid of the itemrack bar.
b) Press Enter and type the command "/trinketmenu" to make sure that the trinket menu slots are showing. You can now click and drag on the edges of the slots to the place that it's supposed to be above the combat log. You may need to run the command "/trinketmenu unlock" to be able to move it, if you do you'll want to run the command "/trinketmenu lock" to lock it in place once you are finished with it.
c) Then run the command "/mazzify" again and only choose for it to update only the Button layout and Keybindings. That fixes the Bongos bars and the menu icons and bag slots placement.
The ContextMenu is still an issue, but this process should be able to get you a new start with MazzleUI.
09-25-07, 11:34 PM   #2
sakuratomoko
A Murloc Raider
EnableError

Can't find it in Mazzifier document.

Edit: nvm i found it, i m a idiot.

P.S: when we update using WAU should we update with externals or without?

Last edited by sakuratomoko : 09-25-07 at 11:39 PM.
09-25-07, 11:50 PM   #3
treebeard72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
its there

its near the bottom of the file, after searching, just scroll down a few lines and you will see it
09-26-07, 02:16 AM   #4
Archimond of Azjol-nerub
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks

this worked like a charm .. for some wierd reason as a pally waht ever i put in the slot hotkeyd to 1 it puts in in all the boxes in the little 3x4 extra button thing..

but this was a great fix and got me mazzilfied agin.

would still love to see a officail full fix released.

Thank u so much
09-26-07, 02:27 AM   #5
Detritis
A Black Drake
Quick note, it is possilbe to fix the error with 'SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0")' in the ...AddOns\Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua without commenting it out by replacing it with 'SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech","0")', seems like blizzard likes changing naming conventions from time to time.
09-26-07, 03:00 AM   #6
Geez
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Autobar?

I followed each step but I still can not click on my reagents/first aid etc. I believe this is the autobar in the right corner of the UI was this supposed to fix that?
09-26-07, 04:51 AM   #7
Lonescout
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yea me either, everything else worked great tho!..

thanks for the information!
09-26-07, 12:11 PM   #8
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
worldmap

after reading all the replies, i managed to make the UI work perfectly as before, so thanks for the help .

only problem is the map's addon isn't working at all, and i get the world defulte map! is there an update or an alternative for it?
09-26-07, 12:20 PM   #9
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by mahatef
after reading all the replies, i managed to make the UI work perfectly as before, so thanks for the help .

only problem is the map's addon isn't working at all, and i get the world defulte map! is there an update or an alternative for it?
Did you update Cartographer with externals?
09-26-07, 12:23 PM   #10
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes, i did. also updated Autobar with the WAU and it works fine, so i guess update went without errors.
09-26-07, 12:33 PM   #11
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

What about the rest of the Cartographer modules? If you did then I'm not sure what to tell you just yet, I updated the Cartographer package and all of the Cartographer modules with externals and the map works just fine for me. I guess it's possible that it's just one one of the modules causing the problem. So if you did update all of the modules, I'd try disabling all of the modules except for the Cartographer base and see if that works. Then turn them on one-by-one to see which one is the problem child.
09-26-07, 01:01 PM   #12
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i reupdated Cartographer+it's models again, just to be safe. also tried disabling the models, leaving Cartographer only, won't work either.
but when i disable every addon in the game, leaving only Cartographer & the models, it starts to work! so is there an addon that interrupts it?

Originally Posted by Banalina902
I also had the Blizzard default map pop up once while playing around with the ui. Go into the Cartographer setting Look 'n Feel and make sure it's enabled. May require ui reload.
how can i do that?
09-27-07, 06:54 AM   #13
Draigslayer
A Murloc Raider
Followed the instructions from the first post and am getting

[2007/09/27 13:43:23-4-x1]: WitchHunt\WitchHunt.lua:14: AceAddon: AceOO-2.0: Library "Parser-3.0" does not exist.
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:133: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:86>
(tail call): ?:
AceAddon-2.0-46764 (Ace2):974: in function `new'
WitchHunt\WitchHunt.lua:14: in main chunk
2007/09/27 13:43:39-4-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:145: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:139>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

I also can't open my mail, when I click on a mail box it opens the bags but not the mail window.

When I installed it freshly the auction house window was back in its normal place but every time I closed it and reopened it would shift diagonally left and up. Resulting in the same problem I have shown in this forum post.
09-26-07, 12:37 PM   #14
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I also had the Blizzard default map pop up once while playing around with the ui. Go into the Cartographer setting Look 'n Feel and make sure it's enabled. May require ui reload.
09-26-07, 12:46 PM   #15
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Related to my post above, I've zipped and uploaded a compilation of the fixes I've applied.

If this is in bad form, please belittle me and you know, make me feel bad. :-)

There is a text file indicating what updates have been applied.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 09-26-07 at 01:02 PM.
09-26-07, 02:51 PM   #16
grin
A Defias Bandit
cant complete the instalation

press the button ... and well im waiting for my toon to shout out the awsome mazzlefy shout..but no.. nothing happens..the spell fails..and my hope fly away...

so how do i fix this problem?

ive done all the changes to stage 4 where im suposed to install the UI
09-27-07, 06:26 AM   #17
Kynki
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hi,

I have to say I am the same with regards to sorting out the errors with MazzleUI since the 2.2 patch. I am a complete n00b when it come to lua stuff and really don't understand any of it. I have trawled through most of the related posts here on the forum and have read nothing that helps. With regards to Meio's original post in this thread, I basically did this off my own back last night, as I thought it could be the only way to get things going again. I reinstalled the UI and ran aceupdater, but still I had problems

For the most part I can play WoW, but there are random issues I am finding the more I play, the worst one being no tooltip, whatever item I hover my mouse over (either in bag or bank or on character) I get no info at all. The old arcHUD remains on my screen and I can't get rid of it.

Any hoo, I have been using the UI for over 6 months, I can't play WoW without it any more (sad I know) I really do hope Mazzle keeps supporting this product, cos it is without question the BEST. I am sorry to hear you don't play WoW any more and I would consider that a big answer to the questions about you continuing to support. With any luck some other clever ppl will continue your excellent work.

Thank in advance
09-27-07, 08:42 PM   #18
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
stuck on fixing the Mazzle

I have gotten as far as trying to use the word pad. Under the Custom Libs I do not have a Context Menu for some reason. I am using a Toshiba Windows Vista Home Basic laptop. What do I do now? Am I doing something wrong?
09-28-07, 09:23 AM   #19
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
got it fixed

Just wanted to say that I got past the problem that I was having. My brother helped me out. But thanks a bunch also to whoever made the new mazzle version.

Although I just have one thing to say on the WordPad part. I couldn't do the "Replace All" thing but what I did do is I went through the ContextMenu and just deleted the "self:" part of each "self:assert" It actually worked. So if any of you have that same problem just do what I did and delete the "self:" manually.

Also, I couldn't find the SetCVar thing so I just didn't mess with it. It didn't really do anything bad to my UI so it doesn't really bother me.

Other than that, everything's good!! Thanks a bunch!!
09-29-07, 01:37 AM   #20
Levanythus
A Kobold Labourer
Followed directions to fix for patch 2.2 got most of everything working but bongos action bars still won't work can't adjust the size of the bars or see more than just the first action bar I believe someone else posted something similar to this earlier just wondering if anyone has found a fix for it.

thanks for all the help so far guys to get the UI working again

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2