11-30-07, 09:48 PM   #1
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Battleground General

Hi, I’ve moved Battleground General over from a site which had a few issues happening. No one seems to comment on it, from which I can only conclude that it works flawlessly

Any comments, suggestions, bugs, or remarks as to my dubious parentage will be read with interest!

Last edited by tsadok : 12-02-07 at 07:08 AM.
12-09-07, 06:12 PM   #2
Wexingtn
A Murloc Raider
After reading the page for your mod... It seems amazing! I'll get back to you after I try it out ;]

Edit: Cool utility, only problem is sometimes it bugs out and won't let me click names and issue commands, but only rarely. And another nitpicking thing, if you include yourself in a command it says "and me help farm", which sounds like a retard, so I just don't include myself in commands and go anyways.

Last edited by Wexingtn : 12-12-07 at 03:09 AM.
12-16-07, 07:22 PM   #3
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

Thanks for the feedback :-)

sometimes it bugs out and won't let me click names and issue commands, but only rarely.
Some kind of voodoo stops it doing stuff occasionally. I suspect it’s to do with people entering or leaving the raid, or at least it seems to be the main culprit for lots of funny stuff going on during development. For the moment try /bgg show , which should reset everything.

And another nitpicking thing, if you include yourself in a command it says "and me help farm", which sounds like a retard, so I just don't include myself in commands and go anyways.
It’s great someone’s using that aspect of the program- I never had the nerve to myself and have been concentrating on doing fancy things in WSG lately. And you don’t want an addon making you seem like a retard. I’ll think about this for 1.1. Here’s the problem:

Jim, Sarah and I should help at the farm

...is gramatically correct but sounds a bit Shakespearian for /bg chat

Jim, Sarah and me should help at the farm

...sounds like Cookie Monster.

Jim, Sarah and myself should help at the farm

...might be a compromise, though one of my friends in the corporate world rants about the misuse of 'myself' all through the corporate world. Hehe. I’ll make the handling of the 1st person more customizable. Cheers!
01-09-08, 10:55 PM   #4
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

Version 1.1 is out, with better grammar when you're issuing orders. Here are the release notes:

Battleground General now uses Addon Messages to monitor flag carrier sightings and players’ combat status. When a player has the flag carrier targetted, BGG will send position messages if the flag carrier is within inspection distance. If more than one player in a battleground is using BGG it should further take the guesswork out of locating the flag carrier.

Improved the grammar of orders given when the player is included. For example, a sample /bg message could now be:
Albert, Brenda and Charlie, assault the gold mine with me
or a whisper to Albert would be:
Meet with me, Brenda and Charlie, and we'll assault the gold mine

Finally for fun you have the option of having your character perform a random emote when either team captures the flag in WSG. If your team captures the flag, your character chooses between:
"CHEER", "APPLAUD", "CLAP", "CONGRATULATE", "SALUTE" and "VICTORY"
and if the opposition captures the flag there is:
"ANGRY", "GLARE", "GROAN", "SHOO", "SIGH" and "SNARL"
...directed at the flag carrier. To enable/disable this, type:
/bgg cheer on|off

Many tweaks and optimisations under the hood. Hopefully the error where BGG occasionally doesn’t show up on entry to a battleground has been fixed.

Last edited by tsadok : 01-09-08 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Formatting
07-21-08, 12:14 AM   #5
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

Version 1.3.1

I've added new features and re-written the introduction on the main page to make it simpler to begin. Release notes since 1.1.1 follow:

Version number is now taken from the TOC file, following last update's mini-debacle.

Battleground whispers will now by default be preceded by a header. If you select Player-Realm and type

/bgw Hi there

You will send:
To [Player-Realm]: [Multi-Player Whisper] Hi there

The following commands apply:

/bgg header on|off: Automatically add an identifying header to Battleground Whispers
/bgg header set *message*: Changes the Battleground Whisper Header to *message*
/bgg header set default: Reverts the Battleground Whisper Header to its default setting

------------------------------------------------------------------
Ratios have been reversed in Arathi Basin to be more intuitive. 3:2 now means 3 friendlies and 2 enemies in an area.

Introducing the Battleground Whisper command! This will send a whisper to all selected friendly players. So if you select 3 players and type:

/bgw come to stables

"come to stables" will be whispered to each of these three players.

This is a powerful and potentially annoying feature, so it includes the ability to maintain a Do Not Whisper List:
/bgg dnw help - Show DNW options
/bgg dnw list - List DNW players in your current battleground
/bgg dnw list all - List all of your DNW players on every realm
/bgg dnw undo - Undo the last operation (only one level)

The following commands require either a targeted friendly player, or one or more selected players in Battleground General:
/bgg dnw on - Add player(s) to the DNW list
/bgg dnw off - Remove player(s) from the DNW list
/bgg dnw - Toggle the player(s) status (individually)

All chat and addon messages now go through ChatThrottleLib (thanks Mikk).

Battleground General can now warn you in WSG if you have the enemy flag and your flag is returned (ie. you can capture). To use or disable this, type:
/bgg warn on|off

------------------------------------------------------------------
Arathi Basin has got some love! In AB, BGG will track the numbers of enemies seen recently in each area. This can help knowing how many to send to each area, or whether an area is a hopeless case. It works by checking friendly players’ targets for enemy players. This is not completely reliable as players may occasionally have a player targetted that is a long way away in another area, but this should be a fairly rare occurrence. Enemy sightings are also transmitted over inter-addon messages for greater reliability.

To see exactly which enemies have been sighted recently, use the Toggle Enemy List key binding. This panel automatically closes if you enter combat (a rogue jumps you or something).

This release was delayed until version 2.4 and the new chat-log system, to track which enemies are dead. Unfortunately the chat-log system is bugged and is not reporting player deaths (enemy or friendly), so some players will be reported as being in an area when they’re actually dead. According to Slouken this "is fixed for 2.4.2". BGG won’t need an update then.
10-24-08, 05:03 AM   #6
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

2.01 for WotLK

Battleground General 2.01 is now out! New features in 2.01 are smart hiding during combat and WotLK compatibility. New in 2.0 was support for Alterac Valley. Next I need to get a toon past 63 to try the new battlegrounds

See http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ndGeneral.html
01-26-09, 12:30 AM   #7
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

Version 1.2

After much debugging, version 1.2 is out :-)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ndGeneral.html

Edit: Make that 2.1 :-)

Last edited by tsadok : 04-24-09 at 09:30 PM.
04-24-09, 09:42 PM   #8
tsadok
An Aku'mai Servant

2.2 - lots of new stuff

Version 2.2 is out. It has significant support (look and feel) for the German client (thanks Nerozud).

The command buttons in AB and WSG have been revamped to produce grammatically correct sentences that you wouldn't be ashamed to send. Yay! Also, as far as I know, the German version does the same thing.

BGG will report the death of Galvangar and Balinda in AV to the /bg channel (only one client with BGG will do this).

BGG can send player positions as Grid statuses and will appear as a status in the Grid configuration menu.

Planned for the next version is much-improved pinpointing of enemy player locations, and a GUI in Blizz's interface menu.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Battleground General