10-17-06, 05:12 AM   #1
Miles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bar & UnitFrame mods

It seems that most mods, except for bar and unitframes are easily portable, some even works without modifications.

After leveling to 61, I've decided that I can't continue with the default interface. It's just way too ugly.

My question is: is there any known, working bar / unitframes mod, or a work in progress alpha? I've contacted AndreasG for ag_UF, no reply yet, but I'll begin porting it to WoW 2.0 this afternoon.

For other mod authors: attached are two files from BC's FrameXML, showing how the new secure template system works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SecureTemplates.zip (5.3 KB, 236 views)
10-17-06, 09:46 AM   #2
Darkspell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yah, this is driving me crazy not being able to move the cast bar or the button bars. Ugh.
Please someone get a move mod going.
10-17-06, 10:11 AM   #3
OMD.Deadeye
A Defias Bandit
Miles, I have started a very little with updating ag_unitframes. I have it to the point where it loads without errors. You can move and update the frame from the options without problems so far. I am now to the point of needing to look into the secure templating and protected frame stuff. Right now, everything short of the left click events appear to work. I will be working on this some this evening after work. If you would like to work together on this let me know.
10-17-06, 10:20 AM   #4
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Try to direct people here when you need them to view files like this:
http://wdn.wowinterface.com

There is no need to upload a copy when they can just as easily get it here. Not only that, but we can't always verify the contents of every file that gets attached to a forum post, so we can't guaratee that it is virus-free until we have had time to scour the forums for attachments. This is not to say yours has any. But there have been attachments in the past with virus content.

Specifically this page will show you all of the changes and current files in the BC Beta:
http://wdn.wowinterface.com/compare/2005991/live

You can download all of the Interface files in a single archive from the main page. Bear in mind also that the Beta is still in active development, and the templates you are referring to may have changes and tweaks before they are considered "Final"

Last edited by Beladona : 10-17-06 at 10:28 AM.
10-17-06, 11:15 AM   #5
OMD.Deadeye
A Defias Bandit
Miles, I see that you have already updated ag_unitframes. Unless you want/need help on that I will just go ahead and move to another addon to try and update (Bartender2 ?).

Thanks
10-18-06, 05:26 PM   #6
Dahn
A Defias Bandit
Premium Member
I've started to work on Bartender2 but haven't yet figured out how to change the ActionBarPage "securely" without some additional significant changes to the code.

I'd love input or help getting it working.
10-18-06, 05:29 PM   #7
alcaras
A Murloc Raider

Thanks for the link to the SecureTemplates code -- it's good to have something to work off of... I'll also see if I can tackle the Bartender ActionPage problem, but admit I'm a newbie in this area.
10-19-06, 04:41 AM   #8
Miles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The official addon kit for beta is available at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downl...c/addonkit.zip

And the beta can be downloaded from https://beta.wow-europe.com/expansion/downloads/ without a key.
10-19-06, 07:55 AM   #9
Beladona
A Molten Giant

patch came out last night for beta. I would recommend revisiting the SecureTemplates again, as there are numerous changes, specifically for the ActionBar stuff you were referring to...
10-19-06, 08:42 AM   #10
Miles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
SecureStateHeader looks like the solution, but I'll need some time to decrypt the 400 lines of comment at the beginning.
10-21-06, 02:58 AM   #11
tyroney
A Defias Bandit
Was talking with the horse earlier, and ATM the only way to flip the actionbar page is to drop the appropriate macro on an actionbar somewhere, and call it's ID. There's a good chance there will be a new action added for page flipping a little more directly.

Code:
btn:SetAttribute("type","action")
btn:SetAttribute("action",40); --assuming page change macro on button 40
Or something sort of vaguely like that. (I'm probably missing 2 or 3 details) I'm very much not an expert. Hopefully in the near future the above will change to SetAttribute("action","changepage") or similar.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Bar & UnitFrame mods