09-05-08, 11:56 AM   #1
morgandeath
A Defias Bandit
eaves drop location

Hi,

Somehow my eavesdrop window got under the middle botton of my action bars. I can click on it to move to so I can see it nor move it.

I have tyed removing the mod and reinstallng and it still ends up at the same place.

I looked for a slash command and could not find one..

Can anyone help me get this window where I can see it!!??

Thanks..
09-05-08, 12:02 PM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
simplest way to reset addon settings, disconnect, find a file called EavesDrop*.lua in the folder \WTF\Account\<your account>\SavedVariables\, delete it and reconnect.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
09-05-08, 12:16 PM   #3
morgandeath
A Defias Bandit
DUH, That was too easy! Thanks.. I should have thought about that. However, when you remove a mod should not the vars be deleted as well?

Thanks again...

Originally Posted by Mera View Post
simplest way to reset addon settings, disconnect, find a file called EavesDrop*.lua in the folder \WTF\Account\<your account>\SavedVariables\, delete it and reconnect.
09-05-08, 12:24 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
When you start up your game, WoW scans the addons folder to see if it finds anything there (ie, you've put a mod in it). If it does, it loads the files. If the mod wants things saved, then the game will create a file for that mod in the WTF folder. When you uninstall an addon (ie, remove the folder), it's just not there when WoW scans the Addons folder next. It knows nothing about installing/uninstalling addons, as addons are not supported. They are just extra code to run if present.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-05-08, 12:41 PM   #5
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by morgandeath View Post
DUH, That was too easy! Thanks.. I should have thought about that. However, when you remove a mod should not the vars be deleted as well?

Thanks again...
Yeah sure the bad side is that it is deleting all your datas, if you want to reset the position without loosing datas it is a bit more complicated but there is several solutions, like 1) instead of delete the EavesDrop*.lua I mentionned previously, you have to open it with your favorite text editor and have to find the saved anchor values, they usually looks like "CENTER" "RIGHT" x=200 y=100 these are the saved variables exemples defining the addon positions, or 2) ingame you identify the frame name by mouseovering it (make sure you are mouseovering the addon's base frame and not something else like buttons, dropdown menus etc) and type /print GetMouseFocus():GetName() then once you get the FrameName you can do some stuff like FrameName:SetFrameStrata("TOOLTIP") to make it appearing up to any other frame then you can drag and drop it again. SetFrameLevel is another wow api that does almost the same you type a FrameName:SetFrameStrata(50) and you should be able to drag drop it again, 3) FrameName:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER",0 ,0) should also reset its position to the center of your screen, hope it helps
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)

Last edited by Mera : 09-05-08 at 12:49 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » eaves drop location