09-26-07, 09:40 AM   #21
Chubbles
A Defias Bandit
Got Mazz up and running after reading this post, I have everything working except the context menu and when i click on my proffesoions using the advanced trade skill the game locks up.
09-26-07, 10:08 AM   #22
Detritis
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a fix for the ContextMenu here which also fixes the tooltip errors ... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...2&page=2&pp=10
09-26-07, 10:08 AM   #23
Verissi
Premium Member

So the problem im having is the buttons no matter what button i press it cast the same spell <70 priest> so im thinking the key bindings or something within bongos is the thing that is broken? anyone else having this problem or know a fix for it ?
I was looking into this, but was interrupted by that horrid raid against the nasty bosses in the Job instance My observations of the behaviour are that it only really happens when you page the bars (for me, paging so that my shadow spells are "on top") and that it seems to iterate through several pages of bars that should not exist and render strangely. A temporary fix for me to function was to physically swap my holy and shadow spells on the bars so that I didn't have to page at all, but it's hardly a real fix. I'll see what I can dig up when I get home if nobody beats me to it before then.

Oddly enough, the tooltips always reflected the spell that is shown rather than what was being cast when I clicked it or used the binding for it, so it just may be an action/id update problem.

Got Mazz up and running after reading this post, I have everything working except the context menu and when i click on my proffesoions using the advanced trade skill the game locks up.
ATSW (AdvancedSkillTradeWindow)isn't working properly at all, from what I've been reading and seeing first-hand. My tailors and engineer seem to have no problems, but the enchanting window coughed up a bunch of errors from a recursive function within the code. I disabled it for the time being, since I didn't see an update anywhere and don't have much time to look into it until I get my other issues straightened out (esp since tonight's a raid night for me).
09-26-07, 11:22 AM   #24
Chieyan
A Murloc Raider
The add on selection screen says Advanced Trade Skill mod is "incompatable" I originally thought it might have become corrupted some how, downloaded a new copy of it turned off all my other mods except that ATS and WOW crashed to the desktop, and I cant find anything that even remotely indicates that its being updated...
09-26-07, 11:44 AM   #25
vettechdave
A Murloc Raider
Okay so im a Luddite at times, help

Okay, blah blah blah, I too need my Mazzle. I tend to wait for the new download and whoosh im good. Im being a bit impatient here and wanted to try the solution at the start of this thread. HOWEVER, where exactly am I supposed to extract the file to? When I extract it to my C: drive and click on WoWAceUpdater: Application Manifest it says it does not have all the appropriate files to run. Should I extarct this to my WoW/Interface/Addons folder?

Thanks in advace for helpful replies
09-26-07, 11:58 AM   #26
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
I wanted to post what I did and where I am, both to help others get all the directions in one place and to get a sanity check from those that know more than I. Here's what I've done:

ContextMenu.lua:
*change "self:assert" to "assert"
*change btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_Update) to btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_UpdateAction)

Mazzifier_Configs.lua:
*change SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0") to SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech","0")

Update Discord via http://discord.tetzfiles.com/ and select the PTR2.2 file
Update Clique via http://www.wowinterface.com/download...08-Clique.html

Itemrack.lua:
*change "function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()" to "function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)"
*change: "oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()" to "oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)"

Edit: Just saw that ItemRack is fixed so this change is likely not necessary. New version available here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4148

Take svn lock off of topscore fu and nQuestlog (remove .svn folders)

Using WAU, "Update all Installed AddOns"
Select the following packages:
* Cartographer
* oRA2
* Prat
* Cartographer_(Fishing through Vendors)
* Everything that starts with "FuBar"
* WitchHunt
"Install/Update all Marked Addons With Externals"

I did this with a clean WTF folder and was able to do everything I wanted to. I have not tried it with a high level character, but at least with my little level 8 Troll Hunter it worked fine. ATSW did work for First aid, not sure about anything else. I did get a couple of errors that I'm not sure about:

Code:
2007/09/26 12:22:09-7-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\DetailsFrame.lua:139: attempt to index global 'escapeDetector' (a nil value)
This didn't seem to hurt anything, nQuestLog seems to work fine. It's popped up a few times but I can't seem to figure out when it happens. I do have the most current version as of about an hour ago.

I thought I saw the following error referenced in the threads but I can't seem to find it:

Code:
[2007/09/26 12:24:21-7-x2]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:147: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:141>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
That looks like stock code throwing the error so I'm guessing one of the add-ons is hooking it and causing it to crap itself. Not sure when it pops up, it was sitting there in the BugSack.

If I'm still missing something I'd appreciate a point in the right direction. Things are still pretty crazy and catching all the notes is a challenge.

EDIT: I still see people not being successful in even getting this far. here's a link to a download of an updated compilation that should work as a new install. Follow Mazzle's instructions (in the zip file) for a new install and there's no reason it shouldn't work for you. Of course there's NWIH (no way in hell) I'm representing this as something I will maintain, or even that it's something that I fixed. I owe it all to the community here. I just put it all in one spot.

(removed the file, will upload to the normal download page per Mazzle's gentle prodding)

Last edited by LBussy : 09-26-07 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Updated info/Added compilation download
09-26-07, 12:11 PM   #27
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
worldmap

after reading all the replies, i managed to make the UI work perfectly as before, so thanks for the help .

only problem is the map's addon isn't working at all, and i get the world defulte map! is there an update or an alternative for it?
09-26-07, 12:20 PM   #28
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by mahatef
after reading all the replies, i managed to make the UI work perfectly as before, so thanks for the help .

only problem is the map's addon isn't working at all, and i get the world defulte map! is there an update or an alternative for it?
Did you update Cartographer with externals?
09-26-07, 12:23 PM   #29
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes, i did. also updated Autobar with the WAU and it works fine, so i guess update went without errors.
09-26-07, 12:33 PM   #30
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

What about the rest of the Cartographer modules? If you did then I'm not sure what to tell you just yet, I updated the Cartographer package and all of the Cartographer modules with externals and the map works just fine for me. I guess it's possible that it's just one one of the modules causing the problem. So if you did update all of the modules, I'd try disabling all of the modules except for the Cartographer base and see if that works. Then turn them on one-by-one to see which one is the problem child.
09-26-07, 12:37 PM   #31
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I also had the Blizzard default map pop up once while playing around with the ui. Go into the Cartographer setting Look 'n Feel and make sure it's enabled. May require ui reload.
09-26-07, 12:46 PM   #32
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Related to my post above, I've zipped and uploaded a compilation of the fixes I've applied.

If this is in bad form, please belittle me and you know, make me feel bad. :-)

There is a text file indicating what updates have been applied.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 09-26-07 at 01:02 PM.
09-26-07, 01:01 PM   #33
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by LBussy
If this is in bad form, please belittle me and you know, make me feel bad. :-)
If it's strictly fixes and not any content/design changes, I don't mind. But, yes, it is not a good idea to post it as an attachment. If you want to put together a zip files of only the changed files, you can submit it as a patch attached to the MazzleUI download page. That way it goes through the normal WoWInterface mechanisms of verification (virus/trojan checks, etc.).

I've edited your post to remove the link.
09-26-07, 01:01 PM   #34
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i reupdated Cartographer+it's models again, just to be safe. also tried disabling the models, leaving Cartographer only, won't work either.
but when i disable every addon in the game, leaving only Cartographer & the models, it starts to work! so is there an addon that interrupts it?

Originally Posted by Banalina902
I also had the Blizzard default map pop up once while playing around with the ui. Go into the Cartographer setting Look 'n Feel and make sure it's enabled. May require ui reload.
how can i do that?
09-26-07, 01:05 PM   #35
Lonescout
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tooltips

Minor annoyance, but the tooltips wont come up for me..
07/09/26 11:41:54-20-x196]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:66: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: in function `DUF_Element_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
09-26-07, 01:08 PM   #36
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

If it's strictly fixes and not any content/design changes, I don't mind. But, yes, it is not a good idea to post it as an attachment. If you want to put together a zip files of only the changed files, you can submit it as a patch attached to the MazzleUI download page. That way it goes through the normal WoWInterface mechanisms of verification (virus/trojan checks, etc.).

I've edited your post to remove the link.
It would be my opinion that a patch shouldn't be released until all of the known issues with 2.2 are resolved. If someone wants to make their own patch at this point all they have to do is read the forums and follow instructions. If a patch is made as a "fix" there will be a lot of people to start to complain that the patch isn't working completely and then that's extra work added to the list to support or ignore.
09-26-07, 01:11 PM   #37
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Ah, was not aware of the accepted practice. I was actually trying to avoid this server in any form as it seems to be creaking, groaning, and generally in bad shape after patch day.
Originally Posted by meio
It would be my opinion that a patch shouldn't be released until all of the known issues with 2.2 are resolved. If someone wants to make their own patch at this point all they have to do is read the forums and follow instructions. If a patch is made as a "fix" there will be a lot of people to start to complain that the patch isn't working completely and then that's extra work added to the list to support or ignore.
I understand completely, I was a contributor to the community back in the Diablo II days. I know how it can get. Seems to be damned if you do and damned if you don't at this point however.

Well, I'll forget that great idea then and wait - but maybe it would be a good idea to have a locked/moderated/sticky thread where the current version of the fixes are placed? All of the information is here but it's getting harder to find - especially with the server as slow as it is. Just a suggestion from the peanut gallery.

Last edited by LBussy : 09-26-07 at 01:19 PM.
09-26-07, 01:28 PM   #38
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by mahatef
i reupdated Cartographer+it's models again, just to be safe. also tried disabling the models, leaving Cartographer only, won't work either.
but when i disable every addon in the game, leaving only Cartographer & the models, it starts to work! so is there an addon that interrupts it?

how can i do that?

Forgive me if my memory is a little vague. I played with a lot of things last night, but I seem to remember that I got the whole page map view, but it still had the Cartographer buttons at the top (they're very small next to the big map). Clicking on the Cartographer button (the one on the right) brought up the settings. I also seem to remember going into MazzleOptions and opening them that way too. Or did I?
09-26-07, 01:38 PM   #39
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Cool Awesome!

It's great to see support for MazzleUI is still as high as a kit... err, as I hoped. Thanks a ton for all of your input Meio, LBussy, and everyone else. I completely understand Mazzle's position with not really enjoying things as much as before, so it's great to see people stepping up to the plate when it's needed most (Absolutely nothing at all against you Mazzle; we all really appreciate the hard work you've put into this project - it's made our WoW experience that much better). I managed to get my Mazzle working <almost> fully last night just from the Self::Assert fix; however, my girlfriend's Mazzle was still completely fubar'd. I'll take a look at it when I get home with the new fixes and let everyone know the results. 'Til then!

Last edited by donofthedead : 09-26-07 at 01:48 PM.
09-26-07, 01:41 PM   #40
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Found the other tooltip issue that had me stumped. I don't think this has been posted. In another thread, Alkar sent me in the right direction:
Originally Posted by Alkar
this problem is casued when you mouse over the context menu (the little box on the right with all your profession stuff in and and that crap.
Here is the error (your line numbers may be different):
Code:
[2007/09/26 12:24:21-7-x2]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:147: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:141>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
To fix, in \Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:
Search for:
ActionButton_SetTooltip();
replace with:
ActionButton_SetTooltip(this, "ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT");

That does that one! Next!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2