01-31-11, 10:41 AM   #421
sucellus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
Noted and confirmed. I don't think I can fix this though but I will try.
Ok, thanks. I'll work around it for now. Good to know I'm not doing it wrong at least!

EDIT: Let me know if you'd like me to try out any potential fixes.

Last edited by sucellus : 02-01-11 at 08:20 AM.

02-07-11, 11:05 AM   #422
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sucellus View Post
Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with linked bar keybinds, basically it doesn't seem to use keybinds from the currently active bar based on stance, instead always using one particular stance keybind even when not in that form.

To reproduce:

Bar Config:
Create a new bar, "Driver Main", enable stance
Create a new bar, "Cat Workhorse", add 1 button (macro type, casting rake), Link to Driver Main -> Cat
Create a new bar, "Normal Workhorse", add 1 button (macro type, casting regrowth), Link to Driver Main -> Normal

Great, that works perfectly. Cat Workhorse appears when in Cat form, Normal Workhorse in non-shapechanged form. As you'd expect, neither bar appears in other forms, e.g. tree of life, or flight form.

Now, I assumed that I could now apply the same keybind to the two buttons I have created as they are not in use at the same time. It doesn't allow me to put "1" as the bind on both buttons as it removes it from the other button when I do so. To counter this I tried putting it on one, locking it, then putting it on the other. This works, I end up with:

Rake: 1 Locked
Regrowth: 1

This is where the problem appears. In normal form, the regrowth button is displayed. I press 1, regrowth is cast. If I switch to cat form, I get broken out of cat form into normal form and regrowth is cast. I was expecting that the binds for bars which are currently active would take precedence.

Effectively, I don't understand how to bind rake and regrowth to the same key for use in different forms if I'm using linked bars.

I've tried using Priority on one of the buttons, but it just means that the keybind is always rake, or always regrowth. It doesn't change based on form.

Obviously it works perfectly if I don't use linked bars as the bar only has 1 set of keybinds, but as I want to have a Ctrl modifier on each of the form specific bars (i.e. cat normal + cat control, bear normal + bear control, etc) that's not really an option.

Thanks a lot for any help.
stupid question, but why not just use one single bar, set to use the 'stance' preset? i don't understand what these workhorses are giving you, that the stance function cannot do.

02-08-11, 08:24 AM   #423
sucellus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by anseloth View Post
stupid question, but why not just use one single bar, set to use the 'stance' preset? i don't understand what these workhorses are giving you, that the stance function cannot do.
If you want to have a different bar with a modifier for each stance you have to use workhorses. If I was to enable stance and ctrl on the same action bar, then I'd get

Normal
Ctrl
Cat
Bear
etc

what I need is

Normal
Normal + Ctrl
Cat
Cat + Ctrl
Bear
Bear + Ctrl
etc

If you see what I mean. It's not clear in my original example as I was trying to make it as simple as possible to demonstrate the problem.

02-11-11, 01:52 AM   #424
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi sucellus,

You can do that with one bar, and custom bar states. Check “Use Custom Bar States” on the bar configuration window, and then type something like this in the box that appears:

Code:
[stance:1, mod:ctrl]
[stance:1]
[stance:3, mod:ctrl]
[stance:3]
[mod:ctrl]
[]
The lines are all evaluated in order, and use macro conditionals, so the above basically says:
  • if stance:1 (bear form) and mod:ctrl (ctrl key is down) then show state 1,
  • elseif stance:1 then show state 2,
  • elseif stance:3 (cat form) and mod:ctrl then show state 3,
  • elseif stance:3 then show state 4,
  • elseif mod:ctrl then show state 5,
  • else show state 6.

There’s no limit on how many states a single bar can have, and each state can have different numbers of buttons, and different bindings if you want. You just have to make sure that the order makes sense. You can even have multiple pages for each state. Here’s what I use for my main bar on my feral druid:

Code:
[bonusbar:5]
[flying] [mounted] [form:2/4/5] [@player, dead]
[form:3, stealth]
[form:3, bar:1] [form:3, bar:3] [form:3, bar:5]
[form:3, bar:2] [form:3, bar:4] [form:3, bar:6]
[form:1, bar:1] [form:1, bar:3] [form:1, bar:5]
[form:1, bar:2] [form:1, bar:4] [form:1, bar:6]
[bar:1] [bar:3] [bar:5]
[bar:2] [bar:4] [bar:6]
It gives me a vehicle/control bar, a bar that shows when I’m flying or mounted or in swim/travel form or dead (and doesn’t have any buttons, so it’s basically hidden), a stealth cat bar, a cat bar with two pages, a bear bar with two pages, and a no-form bar with two pages.

02-14-11, 01:51 PM   #425
Crany
A Defias Bandit
Hey, im new to Macaroon but managed to set up my Bars like i want them, without any fancy makros or stuff like that, but it works^^

I have just one Question, is it possible for a Bar to have a different scale in different stances?

I want my skill bar to turn into a Vehicle bar, and to be bigger. If i just use a new big bar as a vehicle bar, i can not use the same bindings i have on my skill bar (1-9).

Is there a way to either scale the bar as the stance switches, or have the same bindings on 2 different bars?

Thanks for any answer

02-15-11, 04:46 AM   #426
sucellus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post
Hi sucellus,

You can do that with one bar, and custom bar states. Check “Use Custom Bar States” on the bar configuration window, and then type something like this in the box that appears:

Code:
[stance:1, mod:ctrl]
[stance:1]
[stance:3, mod:ctrl]
[stance:3]
[mod:ctrl]
[]
The lines are all evaluated in order, and use macro conditionals, so the above basically says:
  • if stance:1 (bear form) and mod:ctrl (ctrl key is down) then show state 1,
  • elseif stance:1 then show state 2,
  • elseif stance:3 (cat form) and mod:ctrl then show state 3,
  • elseif stance:3 then show state 4,
  • elseif mod:ctrl then show state 5,
  • else show state 6.

There’s no limit on how many states a single bar can have, and each state can have different numbers of buttons, and different bindings if you want. You just have to make sure that the order makes sense. You can even have multiple pages for each state. Here’s what I use for my main bar on my feral druid:

Code:
[bonusbar:5]
[flying] [mounted] [form:2/4/5] [@player, dead]
[form:3, stealth]
[form:3, bar:1] [form:3, bar:3] [form:3, bar:5]
[form:3, bar:2] [form:3, bar:4] [form:3, bar:6]
[form:1, bar:1] [form:1, bar:3] [form:1, bar:5]
[form:1, bar:2] [form:1, bar:4] [form:1, bar:6]
[bar:1] [bar:3] [bar:5]
[bar:2] [bar:4] [bar:6]
It gives me a vehicle/control bar, a bar that shows when I’m flying or mounted or in swim/travel form or dead (and doesn’t have any buttons, so it’s basically hidden), a stealth cat bar, a cat bar with two pages, a bear bar with two pages, and a no-form bar with two pages.
Yeah, that is what I've done as my workaround and it's fine. It would be really nice if the linked bar keybinds worked though as I think it's a much cleaner way to do the setup. Also, there are some things that you just can't do with this, like have a bar which changes size/shape/location based on stance/vehicle/posession/etc. Thanks for the reply though.

02-15-11, 04:49 AM   #427
sucellus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Crany View Post
Hey, im new to Macaroon but managed to set up my Bars like i want them, without any fancy makros or stuff like that, but it works^^

I have just one Question, is it possible for a Bar to have a different scale in different stances?

I want my skill bar to turn into a Vehicle bar, and to be bigger. If i just use a new big bar as a vehicle bar, i can not use the same bindings i have on my skill bar (1-9).

Is there a way to either scale the bar as the stance switches, or have the same bindings on 2 different bars?

Thanks for any answer
Essentially no. If you read my posts above you'll see that you'd need linked bars to do this and there is a problem with assigning the same keybinds to different bars based on stance/posession/vehicle. Sorry!

02-22-11, 05:11 PM   #428
dgriffith
A Kobold Labourer
Support

So who is maintaining this addon now?
Or better put, is anyone maintaining it?

Thanks

02-22-11, 06:05 PM   #429
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by dgriffith View Post
So who is maintaining this addon now?
Or better put, is anyone maintaining it?

Thanks
well, Dwargh and i are doing what we can, but if anyone who knows LUA coding wants to help, that would be a BIG help.

not that i expect anyone to step up, given past experience, but, i guess it doesn't hurt to ask again. i am still trying to learn LUA code, but, most of my time is being taken up by a Linux OS class i am taking atm.

02-26-11, 09:14 PM   #430
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
I feel like a complete idiot posting this, but it's now 3am and I really need to get this fixed, or I'll be a pretty useless hunter/druid.

How... do I tell a bar I want it to be my aspect/stance/form bar? I've successfully set up my main bar to switch according to the form I'm in, that was pretty easy, but I can't work out how to mimic the blizzard stance bar for changing forms, other than just manually making a bar with the right number of buttons and adding all the spells, which means I'll have to do that on all my toons instead of just using the one basic layout like I do atm...

Very confused, and probably missing the obvious?

02-26-11, 10:10 PM   #431
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Polegara View Post
... just manually making a bar with the right number of buttons and adding all the spells ...
^ This is exactly what the Blizzard stance bar is, except it's locked so you can't add/remove spells on your own, and Blizzard automatically puts the right spells on it. Given how easy it is to create a bar, add 5 buttons, and drag your forms on it, and how infrequently you need to do that, it wouldn't really be worth it for Macaroon to include a bunch of code specifically to automate the process.

02-27-11, 09:37 PM   #432
falchion
A Murloc Raider
sacrificial lamb

well, Dwargh and i are doing what we can, but if anyone who knows LUA coding wants to help, that would be a BIG help.

not that i expect anyone to step up, given past experience, but, i guess it doesn't hurt to ask again. i am still trying to learn LUA code, but, most of my time is being taken up by a Linux OS class i am taking atm.
Well, I guess it's about time I stepped up. I love Macaroon and what it can do, and while I don't use half of it's features (largely due to not taking the time to learn how) I *really* want it to continue to exist.

Unfortunately my experience in LUA is a little limited (fixing small bugs in some orphaned adds), but I do have many, many years of coding and hacking experience (that's hacking as in "My god this code is a complete hack!")

I'm willing to devote what little spare time I have to working on Macaroon, and I'll start by reading the code this week

02-27-11, 11:54 PM   #433
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by falchion View Post
Well, I guess it's about time I stepped up. I love Macaroon and what it can do, and while I don't use half of it's features (largely due to not taking the time to learn how) I *really* want it to continue to exist.

Unfortunately my experience in LUA is a little limited (fixing small bugs in some orphaned adds), but I do have many, many years of coding and hacking experience (that's hacking as in "My god this code is a complete hack!")

I'm willing to devote what little spare time I have to working on Macaroon, and I'll start by reading the code this week
THANK YOU!!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!

02-28-11, 03:11 PM   #434
falchion
A Murloc Raider
THANK YOU!!!!

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!
Gee, you're not desperate at all, are you

02-28-11, 07:54 PM   #435
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by falchion View Post
Gee, you're not desperate at all, are you

only slightly.

03-04-11, 08:17 PM   #436
Mordreade
A Murloc Raider

Wait.... Maul is gone? for good? I missed his bye bye post somehow..... awww good effffffing crizzap...... I guess we over dosed him on coke-a-cola.....

What is it about all the really good addons, that when they get to were you feel you can't live without them, the author does a Houdini on everyone. At least he made it work for Cata.... for a while.

03-05-11, 05:46 PM   #437
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Mordreade View Post
Wait.... Maul is gone? for good? I missed his bye bye post somehow..... awww good effffffing crizzap...... I guess we over dosed him on coke-a-cola.....

What is it about all the really good addons, that when they get to were you feel you can't live without them, the author does a Houdini on everyone. At least he made it work for Cata.... for a while.
as far as i know, no one ever said Maul was gone. he just takes breaks from WoW now and then, and sometimes those breaks are longer than others.

in short, he'll be be back. idk when, but he will be.

Last edited by anseloth : 03-05-11 at 05:55 PM.

03-07-11, 11:42 AM   #438
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
Ok, silly question number 2. Macaroon Status Bars is turning my rep bars everywhere into odd colours, as well as any bars that are set to use the default rep colours in other addons.

Friendly - puke green
Honored - dark green
Revered - blue
exalted - purple

It's even affecting my pet's health bar in pitbull!

I can't find a way to set the default colours, am I missing something?

03-07-11, 01:20 PM   #439
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Polegara View Post
Ok, silly question number 2. Macaroon Status Bars is turning my rep bars everywhere into odd colours, as well as any bars that are set to use the default rep colours in other addons.

Friendly - puke green
Honored - dark green
Revered - blue
exalted - purple

It's even affecting my pet's health bar in pitbull!

I can't find a way to set the default colours, am I missing something?
uh, i am pretty sure (i COULD be wrong though) that the rep rank color system is a change that blizz made, and they applied it to just about any display that could apply to rep. sorry man.

maybe you could find a mod that will let you override it?

03-07-11, 02:14 PM   #440
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
uh, i am pretty sure (i COULD be wrong though) that the rep rank color system is a change that blizz made, and they applied it to just about any display that could apply to rep. sorry man.

maybe you could find a mod that will let you override it?
Well it's perfectly normal with no addons... until I enable macaroon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread