07-03-07, 05:47 PM   #21
Furiah
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

To be more useful, I'd try being more specific about what party layouts you have in mind. Blizzard-like, non-3d? Not sure what you mean.

Anyway, if I continue with the project, skins in the future may contain alternate party layouts.
Yeah, that's true. Well, in my case, I like to have all the information about one partymember actually in a frame with border + background. That is actually quite hard to manage from the current setup, as I haven't found a way to resize the background frame without completely pushing the components out of order.

But with a little work im gonna fix that, just though to suggest it for future versions.

Hope that clarifies it more.
07-03-07, 09:50 PM   #22
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm a big fan of having everything at the bottom, including my threat meter (in my case, Omen) which I always keep open except when soloing. I moved some things around, and they seem to fit fine in 10 and 25 main raids.

In the case of 5-mans, the main tank frame would be gone, and my decurse tool would replace the xRaidStatus (which I don't use in raids anyway since the sRaidframes seem to do everything I need). If you like decursive (or in my case, SmartDebuff) in raids, then this layout kinda screws the pooch I guess.

PS
Please ignore my weird button layout :P

Last edited by Arkive : 10-13-08 at 04:47 AM.
07-04-07, 02:41 AM   #23
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
I'm a big fan of having everything at the bottom, including my threat meter (in my case, Omen) which I always keep open except when soloing. I moved some things around, and they seem to fit fine in 10 and 25 main raids.

In the case of 5-mans, the main tank frame would be gone, and my decurse tool would replace the xRaidStatus (which I don't use in raids anyway since the sRaidframes seem to do everything I need). If you like decursive (or in my case, SmartDebuff) in raids, then this layout kinda screws the pooch I guess.

PS
I like that. If I made another version, I was planning to be able to hotswap the MT windows to the bottom-right where groups 6-8 are for 25-mans, which is somewhat similar to what you're showing.
07-04-07, 05:20 AM   #24
Detritus
A Cyclonian

I probably could, but it would vary completely by class and somewhat by level of the character. I suspect it's the same reason why Nymbia didn't do it automatically in the add-on. But if somebody researched the various classes and gave me spells for each that would be guaranteed to work (probably need at least two for each class depending on level), I could add them to the Mazzifier.
As I remember it recommends that you use the gathering commands for this "Find Herbs", "Find Ore" and the like. That may be easier that doing it by class, although you may run into problems for those without gathering professions: Blacksmith/Alchemists for example.
07-04-07, 05:25 AM   #25
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Arkive

PS
Oooh. Like that a lot. I'm thinking of changing my 10-Man sRaidFrame layout now. 2 rows of 5 horizontally in the left hollow and KTM/Main Tank in the right. Definitely going to have to play around with this...great idea.
07-04-07, 05:31 AM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Detritus
As I remember it recommends that you use the gathering commands for this "Find Herbs", "Find Ore" and the like. That may be easier that doing it by class, although you may run into problems for those without gathering professions: Blacksmith/Alchemists for example.
While that would certainly be easier, I don't think it's worth doing if it isn't a complete solution. For me, that would only work for about 20% of my mid to high level characters. If I were to add this feature, I think I'd have no choice but to use class-specific spells to make it work in a worthwhile way.
07-04-07, 06:00 AM   #27
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Furiah
Yeah, that's true. Well, in my case, I like to have all the information about one partymember actually in a frame with border + background. That is actually quite hard to manage from the current setup, as I haven't found a way to resize the background frame without completely pushing the components out of order.

But with a little work im gonna fix that, just though to suggest it for future versions.

Hope that clarifies it more.
Yep. I really like the default ag_unitframes look. http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ag_UnitFrames.

I like my interface to provide condensed information in a minimalist manner. Nothing extraneous. Ideally, I'd like to be able to get all the unitframes (player and target included) at the bottom of the screen without anything protruding above the imaginary line linking the top of the chat and combat log boxes. This is currently beyond my ability to achieve as it would involve:
- shrinking the target cave.
- removing the 3d models (they don't provide any useful info and take up a lot of real-estate.
- moving the player frame.
- Compressing the unitframes (similar to ag_unitframes look except perhaps with buffs above/below rather than to the side).

Going the whole hog it would be great to have the MazzleUI border expand to make room for party frames in much the same way it does for the target cave once you acquire a target. Extending that thinking to raids, it would be good to store the raid frames and other raid miscellania in there (things like KTM, ORA2 MT/Summary frames). Looking at the new Omen ACE2 Threat mod, the look and feel of that is configurable enough to make it possible to integrate it with the Mazzle UI and make it a fairly seamless addition. As this reaches release quality (only a couple of weeks away now, few minor issues being nailed down now) it may be much more viable than KTM in terms of look/feel as well as vastly reduced CPU/RAM usage.

Obviously, there are a number of mods I'd keep in the playing field surrounding the target. These include the HUD (obviously), Antagonist, Hourglass, BigWigs/DBM and possibly a single pulled-out threat bar from Omen.

These are, obviously, all just suggestions and are made in good faith. I recognise there's a lot of work involved in implementing the suggestions above but figured they may be useful as ideas if you do decide to move in a more theme/skin direction with MazzleUI.
07-04-07, 12:30 PM   #28
isaacquotien
Premium Member
Premium Member
Some stuff i add to mazzle 1.1

Hey maz - great job on 1.1 - love all the improvements!!!

Here are the addons i use in addition:

Auctioneer
WIM - Wow Instant messenger
TBAG (shefki update)- YOU REALLY NEED TO REPLACE BAGGINS WITH THIS ONE!!!!!
all the rest of the Cartographer components

and of course Atlas, Atlasloot, and Atlasquest

I also go get the latest version of KTM, ATSW, and the cartographer databases from Curse-gaming.

I use the ace2updater to get all the cartographer components, bigwigs components and Fubar_TCG tradeskills

please consider TBag in place of Baggins!!!! try it out....you wont want anything else for a one bag solution (i just found that the latest version allows for not only searching of all your characters bags but includes mailbox too) Shefki has done a great job updating a great addon. (shameless plug over)

Again....thanks for all the hard work!!!!
07-04-07, 02:01 PM   #29
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Detritus
Yep. I really like the default ag_unitframes look. http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ag_UnitFrames.

I like my interface to provide condensed information in a minimalist manner. Nothing extraneous. Ideally, I'd like to be able to get all the unitframes (player and target included) at the bottom of the screen without anything protruding above the imaginary line linking the top of the chat and combat log boxes. This is currently beyond my ability to achieve as it would involve:
- shrinking the target cave.
- removing the 3d models (they don't provide any useful info and take up a lot of real-estate.
- moving the player frame.
- Compressing the unitframes (similar to ag_unitframes look except perhaps with buffs above/below rather than to the side).

Going the whole hog it would be great to have the MazzleUI border expand to make room for party frames in much the same way it does for the target cave once you acquire a target. Extending that thinking to raids, it would be good to store the raid frames and other raid miscellania in there (things like KTM, ORA2 MT/Summary frames). Looking at the new Omen ACE2 Threat mod, the look and feel of that is configurable enough to make it possible to integrate it with the Mazzle UI and make it a fairly seamless addition. As this reaches release quality (only a couple of weeks away now, few minor issues being nailed down now) it may be much more viable than KTM in terms of look/feel as well as vastly reduced CPU/RAM usage.

Obviously, there are a number of mods I'd keep in the playing field surrounding the target. These include the HUD (obviously), Antagonist, Hourglass, BigWigs/DBM and possibly a single pulled-out threat bar from Omen.

These are, obviously, all just suggestions and are made in good faith. I recognise there's a lot of work involved in implementing the suggestions above but figured they may be useful as ideas if you do decide to move in a more theme/skin direction with MazzleUI.
I like those ideas and they are pretty much what the new skin spec would do, i.e. allowing placement and frame modification overrides to be specified by the skin. But right now, I'm playing it by ear before deciding whether to continue putting a lot of time into the project.
07-05-07, 01:07 PM   #30
Detritus
A Cyclonian

I like those ideas and they are pretty much what the new skin spec would do, i.e. allowing placement and frame modification overrides to be specified by the skin. But right now, I'm playing it by ear before deciding whether to continue putting a lot of time into the project.
I'll keep my fingers crossed then.
07-07-07, 01:10 PM   #31
Shoki
A Murloc Raider
Since you add class specific addons for some classes, I thought I'd mention that PallyPower is an addon that all conscious paladins use. Also, for healing in general it would be good to include healbot or grid (I thought you might like grid because it is an Ace addon)
07-07-07, 02:08 PM   #32
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Add my vote in for adding WIM to the next revision. It's an awesome /whisper manager and definately helps out with the single visible chat frame scroll in Mazzle - I love it.

M

Marth

07-09-07, 05:38 AM   #33
Praest
A Defias Bandit
If you're living on a PvP server, VanasKOS is really a musthave, imo.

It's a Kill-On-Sight list that keeps track of your pvp-stats and lets you add people/guilds to a hatelist. If the players on your hatelist comes close to you, it will warn you about it, giving you a chance for that oh-so-sweet revenge. Can also keep track of friendlies.
07-09-07, 06:05 AM   #34
stec
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Marthisdil
Add my vote in for adding WIM to the next revision. It's an awesome /whisper manager and definately helps out with the single visible chat frame scroll in Mazzle - I love it.

M
You can also just get Cellular whichis exactly the same, and is also an ace 2 mod
07-10-07, 07:11 AM   #35
Roadhumper
A Defias Bandit
Not sure how many people are trying to find that "Perfect" interface for their favorite game... i know i am one..

Mazzle sure does come close, but i find myself disecting it and using the good (In my opinion) components and adding other components. But in the transition things go wrong and it just becomes a mess of a UI. And i realise i am pretty naff at the the whole UI customisation thing.

I just thought i'd post some of my personal suggestions for this suberb Interface.
1) When in combat, especially in raids i find that the center of the screen gets very "busy" with icons for buffs / debuffs and effects and i lose track of what is what especially when i am the MT (perhaps it is just me ) I can't think of a viable solution off the bat, one of the frames i keep returning to is Xperl, where the icons sit nicley underneath the target frame. Was wondering if it was possible to find a "Tidy" Solution such as this?
2) I'd love to see the addition of Gatherer / Auctioneer to this modification (although they are easy enough to install anyway )
3) I was wondering if you had seen Morgantis buffbars: http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/3847/ ? Very customiseable, easy to lookat and understand.
4) Nature Enemy Castbar could be a nice addition to monitor casts / Cooldowns on CC's and can be pushed off to the side?
5) I have to admit i am not fond of the bag mod that is installed with the current package, but that is probably because it is new for me. But i have recently been sold by Arkinventory : http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/5539/ I find that this solves my bag problem
6) Would it at all be possible to just have an option during the mazzle set up to have a "Clean" UI, where it only just places the basic interface. By that i mean: Skin, Bars, Map? that would open up some options for those that really love your skin layout but have their own preferance on modifications which can be installed by themselves.

I don't expect anything to be changed, just wanted to add some food for thought. I hope you continue your project mazzle as do many others on these boards.
Right now, i am going to re-install mazzle again
07-10-07, 05:41 PM   #36
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i believe there is an option in the /mazzify addon to install the core addons only. from there you can probably go through mazzleUI options and simply enable the addons you'd like to use from that list. That should guarantee you get the addons MazzleUI depends on, without taking all the extras.
07-13-07, 11:09 PM   #37
anselmo
A Murloc Raider
HD support :P

Just voicing my opinion for all of those people playing on HD monitors in 1920x1080 resolution!! id like it to support this resolution
07-15-07, 04:11 AM   #38
Raezer
A Murloc Raider

I've been messing with MazzleUI all day today and over all I'm in love with it. But here are a few suggestions/add ons I think could be considered.

--A vendor price add on, I use auctioneer and if I remember correctly it has it on there, but I know some people don't like auctioneer or don't need it, so if there is a add on that just tells how much anything goes for on the vendor that help out on what to grab during quest loots and such.

-- I have a hard time with all the small font. I have tweaked everything I can tweak to make it better. But my problem is that by the time I get clearfonts scale high enough for me to read mosly everything its too big to fit on a lot of things and runs over to other text. I was thinking maybe being able to resize a lot of these frames might fix some of the over lapping, but not really sure... and I don't understand why some text is still really small (etc. like the text explaining all of what the add ons do in your Mazzle screen, or quest text...things like that)

-- DiggKarma I love this friend note taking add on. I can write notes about my friends and sometimes reminding myself why they are there, also you can make notes that are public, so others using the same add on can see that and read what you have to say, which is pretty cool. You can also rate them so when you scan over them you know already without reading the notes you wrote that you don't like them, and they don't have to be friends to rate.

-- Eloquence I know this is a add on most people wouldn't use, but I'm just posting about it because I like it and use it myself. Its a role-playing chat icon, take a look at it and read it, something you might like.

--I love the skins, I love to have more to choose from, so if you know any someone made, or plan on making some, that be awesome.

Well I guess thats it, thanks for taking the time to read it.
07-19-07, 04:28 AM   #39
Rhothran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I love your default Aloft nameplates, but they seem to be really dark. I've changed the colours manually myself, but maybe if you thought it would be an ok idea, you could make the colours brighter and therefore easier to see where the health is at? I've tried the other presets, and their ok, but I like your layout best.
07-19-07, 10:21 AM   #40
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rhothran
I love your default Aloft nameplates, but they seem to be really dark. I've changed the colours manually myself, but maybe if you thought it would be an ok idea, you could make the colours brighter and therefore easier to see where the health is at? I've tried the other presets, and their ok, but I like your layout best.
I tried to get the nameplates to match the general look of the unit frames, since they are, in some sense, very similar. The reason they may seem dark is that I've really lowered the transparency. Opaque nameplates of that size seemed like they obscured too much stuff. Brightening the colors might be a good way to ameliorate the issue, though I never thought they were too dark.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Suggestion Thread