01-11-08, 02:38 AM   #21
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The topic has been hijacked. Can we please get back to the subject of attempting to revivify the suite?

I'll volunteer to help where needed. While I am able to fix some things on my own and while I can code in many languages, I haven't yet looked closely at LUA. I'm sure I won't have a problem picking it up. Once you know a few programming languages, the rest are easy.

I think the overall goal of a new release is to push out the dead addons and find suitable replacements. I feel we should keep on working toward Mazzlefizz's original goal: low memory footprint and low resource usage.

I have a wish-list item for the Mazzifier. I'd like a way to set up default choices for some things Mazzle sets up for new characters. For example, the time offset in Status Window (if on same realm), your Context Menu preferences (I like mine to stay on until dismissed with a Shift-MiddleMouseButton), and Baggins enabled. Those three things I have to adjust for every new character.

And now, to truly get back on topic:

Mortlach, the first issue you brought up was Bongos. Do we want to work on integrating Bongos2 or were you leaning toward something else?
01-11-08, 12:34 PM   #22
Zybraxis
A Murloc Raider
Count me in

I am a coder -- but not in lua. I've been using Mazzle for several months and I actually swear by it. This is the interface Blizzard should base theirs off (in WoW 3.0?).

I'd be more than happy to help in whatever way I can.
01-11-08, 02:16 PM   #23
Hornietoad
A Defias Bandit
I would like to see this project keep going, i love the interface of which it prompts at the beginning of the installation. Although i think it needs tweaking. I would be more than happy to be a beta tester of this fantastic UI
01-12-08, 09:32 AM   #24
epbb
A Murloc Raider
Hi Folks!

I just downloaded and installed this fantastic interface yesterday, and you guys (and gals! :-) ) seem like you know your stuff, so I figured I'd ask you a question I can't figure out. For some reason I can't upload a picture in this post so I'll have to describe what I'm trying to figure out.

When I first load my UI, there is a box on the right hand side of the screen. It has 16 slots, and was originally populated with my professions. Whenever I click on it, it dissapears, and I cannot bring it back up unless I reload my UI. I have searched and searched through the MazzleUI addon directory, and can't seem to figure out what that is, how to configure it, and how to make it stay up. A similar picture of it was pasted in this forum entry: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7833.html

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

~ EPBB
01-12-08, 09:34 AM   #25
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

That is refered to as the context menu, if you go into the mazzle options, look under the general options tab and you'll find the section on the context menu. FYI it is bound to the shift-middle mouse button, button combination.

01-12-08, 09:35 AM   #26
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by epbb
Hi Folks!

I just downloaded and installed this fantastic interface yesterday, and you guys (and gals! :-) ) seem like you know your stuff, so I figured I'd ask you a question I can't figure out. For some reason I can't upload a picture in this post so I'll have to describe what I'm trying to figure out.

When I first load my UI, there is a box on the right hand side of the screen. It has 16 slots, and was originally populated with my professions. Whenever I click on it, it dissapears, and I cannot bring it back up unless I reload my UI. I have searched and searched through the MazzleUI addon directory, and can't seem to figure out what that is, how to configure it, and how to make it stay up. A similar picture of it was pasted in this forum entry: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7833.html

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

~ EPBB

FAQ within mazzle would have been agood place to start but what that is is the context menu. there are little invisible bullets at the corners of the interface art you can press them and things will happen lik the right side of the art on the uper left corner you can press there and the menu will come back up
01-12-08, 09:55 AM   #27
epbb
A Murloc Raider
Talking

Thank you Obsidian and Alkar!!

I'll log on now and check it out. I tried surfing around the mazzle faq area, but couldn't find anything referencing to that 16 slot menu. Good to know this resource is available. I'm sorry I didn't find Mazzle sooner.

Thanks again!!
01-17-08, 10:11 PM   #28
spyder
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Trinity Bars 2.0 is a very nice option to Bongos and the only one I have found already coded to react to state changes such as shapshift for druids or stealth for rogues. If Trinity is keeping up with this project then this may be a viable option to intergrate into Mazzle. I seem to have better luck getting TrinityBars to look and work closer to Bongos than I did with Bongos2.

Edit: Spelling
01-18-08, 07:02 PM   #29
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mortlach
AdvancedTradeSkillWindow066.zip (I've switched to Skillet, and vote the UI should as well.)
Install with jWowUpdater - WOWINT ID: 5812

Clique-r92.zip
DBM-3.02b-core-bc-mods.zip
KLHThreatMeter20.5b.zip (probably switch to Omen)
LightHeaded-16-Dec-2007.zip Manual Installtion Required
MCP.zip - The MCP in MazzleUI is Rophy's rMCP, not MCP. It's current - don't update it or you'll get the wrong MCP.
Must nag Rophy to change the name to rMCP....)

MovableBags-v2.3.zip Install with jWowUpdater - WOWINT ID: 6421
Poisoner-2.2.0.zip
ShardAce_v41620300.zip
SimpleDruidBar_700a.zip Install with jWowUpdater - WOWINT ID: 6293
StatusWindow.2.0.beta.2.zip (I see zero reason to update this, but we should be prepped for any upcoming 2.4 oddities, in case)
tekKompare-2.3.0.736.zip Install with jWowUpdater - WOWINT ID: 6837
xcalc205-1196869683.zip Install with jWowUpdater - WOWINT ID: 5281[/indent][color=DeepSkyBlue]
Glad to see so many still working on Mazzle . I've used Mazzle for more than a year (I don't have a "great concept for time", but it was awhile before BC when I had my first Mazzlegasm), I have done all updates manually since we started to get the mass patch bugs and Mazzification issues. I will list my variations to the core package, and reasons why (compressed). *I have not attempted to Mazzify with any variations.

1.) I changed from ATSW to Skillet due to enchanting and alchemy issues. (works fine)
2.) I replaced Clique with Healbot due to ease of use. (works fine)
3.) I replaced DBM with BigWigs/LW for no "real reason" other than "I like it" and the initial bugs after ?? patch. (works fine [I use AMP for chat replies during combat etc.])
4.) I replaced KT with Omen for accuracy. (works fine)
5.) There are a number of others (too many to list) that have little to do with functionality, but constant bugginess and/or having to update with great frequency are the reasons for the above changes.

I'll be glad to attempt a Mazzifacation and list all my variations, but it will take me some time due to real life . I hope I didn't just post something completely useless; in any case, I hope it helps.
01-29-08, 10:16 PM   #30
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
I've gotten the current state of Mazzle to work just fine with various patches and updates I downloaded but I would love to see an actual Mazzle update!

I can't test it or anything because frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I would love to see this all work out. Right now my current problem with Mazzle is Hoonsy's half-finished layouts that are on hold until WotLK comes out in "a couple months" meaning November so I'm stuck replacing several spells after mazzification every other level. Big deal? No, but nevertheless really annoying. lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing Clique go and get replaced by Healbot, except that I know a lot of people like Grid as well and Clique + Grid = cool. I use it on my pally, will use it on my druid if I ever get past lvl 13, but I've also used HealBot and Decursive. I think some sort of custom variation of each in which you choose during mazzification which one you want might be best since so many swear by HealBot and so many swear by Grid (myself included).

I also wonder how popular the bundled auction addons are and how many users disable them and just use Auctioneer.

Is there any way to make Mazzle a little more modular? Say, download the core of it, mazzifier etc and the core addons that basically make up Mazzle's looks and feel and then have separate packs for, say, Grid vs. Healbot or Mazzle's auction stuff vs. Auctioneer? Or would mazzification be far too complicated like this, both code-wise and user-wise?
03-05-08, 12:54 AM   #31
Gauntlet2
A Kobold Labourer
@Mortlach - any chance on a updated tested/testing addon list from the Beta forum? I don't mind helping out myself on testing, but it would be nice to know were you guys are in testing and what does or doesn't need it.

Also, I have yet to have success with jwowupdater - seems to always break Mazzifier (even with autobar, autobar config, gfx, & hourglass ignored) or remove/update dependencies for MazzleUI causing dependency issues with MazzleUI. Any ideas, or setting suggestions? Should I run WAU afterward? Still playing around trying to figure out.

Great UI Mazzlefizz! Long live the GREAT Mazzifier!

Last edited by Gauntlet2 : 03-05-08 at 02:30 AM.
03-05-08, 03:55 PM   #32
isaacquotien
Premium Member
Premium Member
I have been using Mazzle for about a year now....and swear by it...even been accused of spamming it on guildchat.

I would be happy to help out in any way that i could to see it continue.....i am not a coder....but i am a max user and i think....push it too its limits.

I really appreciate the posts here and all the people that have contributed to this project.....if we could only find a way to ./stealth and remove the obstacles that mazzlefizz has constructed to keep himself out of the game...hehehe

anyhoo....couple of inputs.

definitely switch ATSW to skillet!! just for the simple fact that its ace2.....makes it soo much easier to update.

I agree about the AH stuff....get rid of it...or put an option to do so......biggest pain is when i mazzify..going back in and turning that stuff off. Auctioneer is the way to go!

I tremendously prefer TBAG over all other bag solutions!!! built in multi-character and mailbox search.....easy to use....hands down one of my 5 that i wont play without.

I have switched over to Omen and SWstats from KTM and damagemeters to be inline with our guild raiding....but...i really like omen and swstats too.

Okay....thats my inputs for the time being.....please contact me if it is possible to help with the beta team.....i have more ideas......just dont wanna drone on and on here.

Cheers,
IQ out
03-05-08, 09:14 PM   #33
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

you DO realize that you can disable all of the auction house addons during the mazzifier by an option right? just thought I'd chime in with some not so helpful advice!
03-06-08, 12:13 AM   #34
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a necrotic thread someone resurrected. There has been no activity in the beta forum for quite some time.
03-06-08, 05:15 PM   #35
SCDrumz
A Kobold Labourer
Even so, I think we should continue in the efforts to get a new release updated. All respect, Mazzle--I love your UI. I am also willing to contribute in any way necessary to help get this going!
03-08-08, 08:36 PM   #36
Devnul
A Kobold Labourer
i am also a programmer by heart and by trade, and while I don't have much experience in coding lua i would like to contribute to the continuation of Mazzle. Simple put, the original thoughts and design principles put into this modification suite are not found in any other suite currently available, and to lose that would be a tragedy.

There is enough grassroots support here to get something done, I for one would be willing help code/coordinate an update to the suite that we all love.

Just because the original developers have are no longer here does not mean that their dream can't be continued.

Please contact me via email or post here if you are willing to do this.
03-09-08, 04:32 PM   #37
ceraph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would be willing to help. I was a coder many years ago, but have since moved onto management. But I am sure its like riding a bicycle. Also I have experience in QA, so can help on both sides let me know.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle Updates for 2008