10-24-16, 04:42 PM   #1
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
Player/Mouse coordinates question

Is it possible to turn this off? I've got another addon that puts a button where you've moved the new position (Wholly) and they overlap.
10-25-16, 05:20 AM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Which addon are you using besides Wholly that puts the location? I ask because I write Wholly and would like to see whether something can be done. For example, Wholly changes its behavior when TomTom is loaded (because TomTom puts the coordinates up).
10-25-16, 07:12 AM   #3
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
The only conflict is with the position of the world map toggle button and the new position of RealUI's world map co-ordinates. The co-ords had been in the bottom of the pane, and now are in the upper left. If I could shift the Wholly world map button maybe 50-75 pixels right they would no longer overlap. I usually make these kinds of tweaks to my UI myself, but looking at the code none of the button placements I tried changed anything.

The problem is ONLY in the new position of RealUI's co-ords. They moved and now it sits directly on top of where Wholly creates it's button. Since you did a bang up job fixing that button the last time I got OCD about it I thought I'd ask Nib/Geth of a swat at it instead of picking on you again (hehe).

Last edited by Peerly : 10-25-16 at 07:14 AM.
10-25-16, 12:18 PM   #4
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
I'll see if I can look into it, but I do not use RealUI, so it may take a while before I even start to tackle this.

As a workaround you could do two things: (1) disable the button in Wholly using preferences (which removes it from the map), and (2) assign a key to the key binding for Wholly to toggle map pins. This would allow you to see the coordinates you want, and use a key press instead of the mouse press for turning pins on an off.
10-25-16, 07:06 PM   #5
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
That's what I'm doing. Since I don't really need the coords my preference would be to toggle them. I'm used to your button there and I like assigned seats.
11-03-16, 11:07 AM   #6
Peerly
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey, Nihm, if you check back on this, what is the line # for the coordinates for your World Map button? Since I can't disable the map pane co-ords from RealUI I guess I'm gonna need to move your button. Don't mind doing it myself, but having a bear finding it.
11-04-16, 08:24 AM   #7
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
At about line 2390 the frame is created. Eventually it is assigned to Wholly.mapFrame which you could manipulate from outside the source file. Otherwise, it is a little complicated based on some other addons Wholly knows about.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Player/Mouse coordinates question