05-02-09, 11:08 AM   #1
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Alpha of a Healing UI

I've been working on an UI for my newdinged 80 priest for a while now, since the default interface just go too cluttered with useful and non-useful stuff.
I had a hard time concentrating in raids, and i had trouble keeping the character clear and visible.

This is an image of what i've come up with so far:

So far i've been working with Bartender, STUF, kgpanels and sexymap.

I have encountered some problems, so if anyone feels freenice enough to answer:
1) I want to disable the character highlighting that apparently came with STUF but i can't find an option to turn it off, and i hate when characters get "dimmed"
2) I make the Target Frame Texture disappear/appear in kgpanels with following script:

OnLoad
self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_TARGET")
self:Hide()

OnEvent
if UnitExists("target") == nil then
self:Hide()
return
end
local cl = UnitClassification("target")
if (cl == "elite") or (cl == "worldboss") or (cl == "rareeleite") then
self:SetBackdropColor(1, 1, 1, 1)
self:Show()
else
self:SetBackdropColor(1, 1, 1, 1)
self:Show()
end
The problem with it is that the script apparently takes more time to execute than STUF needs to hide the target portrait/bars, so for 2-4 seconds the target frame texture is visible but not the portrait/bars, or, when i select a target the portrait/bars appear before the texture and it just looks bad. Is there any way to make them appear/disappear at the same time.

Please go ahead and comment and critizise!
05-02-09, 03:33 PM   #2
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I removed the script and made "stuf.units.target" the parent frame for the target textures. Only solved 50% of the issues.

When i select a target from having none, the texture still takes 2-4 secs to load. When untargeting the texture disappears without delay.
05-03-09, 03:33 PM   #3
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jooze View Post
i hate when characters get "dimmed"
Its an excellent way to determine when someone is out of range of healing.

for those times when you need to be as far away as possible.
05-03-09, 03:49 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There should be a toggle highlight option at the top of the config panel. Should be on the upper right side. You can also just make the highlight color completely transparent which if i recall is in global section.

As for why your target frame texture is appearing slowly i havent a guess. I use kgpanels pretty extensively throughout my personal UIs and have never seen this issue crop up. Might want to disable everything but stuf and kgpanels and see if the issue persists. If so you may want to drop a bug report in the proper areas.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 05-03-09 at 03:51 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Alpha of a Healing UI