12-16-09, 01:37 AM   #1
eomer
A Theradrim Guardian

Question FactionsFu replacement in LDB

I've read that FuBar is outdated and and is probably going to die soon, so I started to look for LDB addons to replace it.
So far I've found most of the things I need and even some I didn't expect, but I wasn't able to find a replacement for FactionsFu.

I tried 3 possible replacements (tested them all on Bazooka):
1. Broker_Factions, but it didn't collapse the list of factions and I don't like scrolling each time to see WotLK factions I work on.
2. BasicBroker_Factions - I didn't find even scrolling in options, so I couldn't see WotLK factions at all as they were off-screen.
3. StatBlock_Factions - I didn't find where it went, didn't see it on the screen, so maybe I didn't install some of it dependencies.

What I miss most - is the ability to collapse the list (for example, you can close the list of all classic factions or all BC factions and then you can easier see the group of factions you are working on). And I also really like how the info is presented in tooltip - the text is more informative and easier to read, though that's not as important.
So - can someone recommend something similar to FactionsFu or some other LDB module for tracking reputation?

12-16-09, 01:50 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you can't find a suitable LDB plugin to replace FactionsFu, you can actually still use it (and most other FuBar plugins) with LDB display addons by installing FuBar2Broker. It acts as a "translator" to convert FuBar plugins into LDB plugins.
12-16-09, 03:40 AM   #3
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ara_Broker_Reputations
12-16-09, 03:48 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by eomer View Post
1. Broker_Factions, but it didn't collapse the list of factions and I don't like scrolling each time to see WotLK factions I work on.
I use Broker Factions, and you can collapse the lists. In fact, each faction section is click-able to collapse and uncollapse (is that a word? lol). You do not need to scroll (there's an option to turn that off).

Play with the options till you get it the way you want it. Takes less than 30 seconds.

See screenie... red plus signs next to faction headers are collapsed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121609_015056.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	3683  

Last edited by Petrah : 12-16-09 at 03:52 AM.
12-16-09, 03:11 PM   #5
eomer
A Theradrim Guardian

Thanks all for the help. Will stick with Ara_Broker_reputations.
If I don't like it, then I'll go for FactionsFu and Fubar2Broker

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » FactionsFu replacement in LDB