07-28-18, 12:44 AM   #41
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MadMisha View Post
just curious, carbonite seems to be working ok but the "C" keeps flashing. do you know why? or how to make it stop?
Right click on it and if i remember correctly "Show whats new" opition?
07-28-18, 06:01 AM   #42
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Right click on it and if i remember correctly "Show whats new" opition?
okay, thank you

Last edited by ircdirk : 07-28-18 at 08:54 AM.
07-29-18, 05:38 PM   #43
mhenne4
A Murloc Raider
Missing Icons Vertically

Hello!

First of all great work on the addon. I literally cant play this game without carbonite.

Not sure if it is something I'm doing wrong or if it is related to the pre-patch headaches, but I am missing my vertical bar that is usually docked to the right of the screen. It would normally show around the stock minimap from blizz that shows addon icons and for example the amount of time in the dungeon queue. Ever sense I been using carbonite it has been docked on the right hand side of the screen underneath the C (carbonite icon). Am I missing something or has this just not been updated yet since everyone is catching up to the pre-patch?
07-30-18, 01:52 AM   #44
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
Hello!

First of all great work on the addon. I literally cant play this game without carbonite.

Not sure if it is something I'm doing wrong or if it is related to the pre-patch headaches, but I am missing my vertical bar that is usually docked to the right of the screen. It would normally show around the stock minimap from blizz that shows addon icons and for example the amount of time in the dungeon queue. Ever sense I been using carbonite it has been docked on the right hand side of the screen underneath the C (carbonite icon). Am I missing something or has this just not been updated yet since everyone is catching up to the pre-patch?
Do u mean this?

07-30-18, 02:15 AM   #45
Shankerz
A Murloc Raider
update?

Any update on when this will no longer be alpha and be fully released for 8.0 to where ill find the addon listed in minion or twitch ect?
07-30-18, 11:52 AM   #46
mhenne4
A Murloc Raider
Do u mean this?

Yes in the previous versions it was just extended down in a 1 icron row. As of writing yesterday on my UI all i get the the carbonie C and no other addon icons.
07-30-18, 02:32 PM   #47
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
Yes in the previous versions it was just extended down in a 1 icron row. As of writing yesterday on my UI all i get the the carbonie C and no other addon icons.
Disable all addons execept Carbonite it might be other addon, for me all work fine.
07-30-18, 02:43 PM   #48
mhenne4
A Murloc Raider
Disable all addons execept Carbonite it might be other addon, for me all work fine.
Thanks for the timely reply. I will give that a try.
07-30-18, 07:25 PM   #49
mhenne4
A Murloc Raider
No joy, disabled all addons as instructed. Then re-enabled 1 addon that should show an icon there, and still nothing like your picture.

As a test, the second I disable Carbonite maps, all the icons who backup around the "stock" blizzard mini map.

#####Disregard totally. Turns out Shift Left Click the Carbonite "C" minimizes or maximizes the addon icon listing. I dont recall clicking that, so hopefully if anyone else has this issue post update my ignorance will help#######

Last edited by mhenne4 : 07-30-18 at 07:44 PM.
07-31-18, 03:26 AM   #50
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Carbonite Social and Carbonite Gathermate2_Data Alpha releases for BfA are now available.

For data for Carbonite Gathermate2_Data to work you need to delete all data and reimport them again.
08-01-18, 04:44 PM   #51
TightwadTheMage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
digsites not showing up in legion zones (or anywhere else)anymore

I decided to do some digging around to finish off some archaeology items and found that i cannot see any digsites anywhere in any zone, legion or previous expansion zones. I have checked all settings and have all the right boxes checked to show the proper overlays, yet they just arent there. any thoughts?
08-02-18, 01:06 AM   #52
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by TightwadTheMage View Post
I decided to do some digging around to finish off some archaeology items and found that i cannot see any digsites anywhere in any zone, legion or previous expansion zones. I have checked all settings and have all the right boxes checked to show the proper overlays, yet they just arent there. any thoughts?
Whole Map was rewritten in 8.0 and its API. So I need to rewrite Continent, Tamers and DigSites POIs. U need to wait a little more for this feature.
08-02-18, 02:52 AM   #53
TightwadTheMage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Whole Map was rewritten in 8.0 and its API. So I need to rewrite Continent, Tamers and DigSites POIs. U need to wait a little more for this feature.
Ok, I didnt realize that this was something that was currently being worked on and I am more than willing to wait for it to be fleshed out. I greatly appreciate the work you guys are putting into fixing this marvelous addon, and if I wasnt such a broke ass at the moment I would be donating to the cause. Keep up the great work guys, we love you for it!!!
08-02-18, 02:49 PM   #54
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Carbonite Social and Carbonite Gathermate2_Data Alpha releases for BfA are now available.

For data for Carbonite Gathermate2_Data to work you need to delete all data and reimport them again.
Can you clarify the correct links for me please to download them.

I have this link:
https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite/

And I have this:
https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite/tree/BfA
08-02-18, 10:36 PM   #55
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
Can you clarify the correct links for me please to download them.

I have this link:
https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite/

And I have this:
https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite/tree/BfA
Latest Alpha version: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...arbonite/files
08-03-18, 02:37 AM   #56
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thank you for the link.
08-05-18, 08:31 AM   #57
Vort
A Defias Bandit
Contribue

Hello,

Is it possible to contribute to the advancement or correction of the addon? For example POIs that are not correct.

Thanks for your response.
08-05-18, 08:59 AM   #58
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Vort View Post
Hello,

Is it possible to contribute to the advancement or correction of the addon? For example POIs that are not correct.

Thanks for your response.
U can make changes and then push pull request, main Carbonite Module (maps) repo is here: https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite
08-07-18, 06:31 AM   #59
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Updates

Ok guys, BEFORE anyone replies with a lot of negative, please understand - I know that you are working diligently and putting in a lot of time for getting BFA Carbonite functional. I am NOT pushing, or in any way being derogative...I am merely ASKING to get some type of input.

I have been using Carbonite since back in the previous ownership days when it was a pay service. For me, it is an integral part of WoW, and I have become so accustomed to it that the game is really cumbersome and not as functional. I've tried numerous other addons, but none of them give the capability and functionality that is contained in Carbonite, not to mention the fact that it requires several addons to do the job that is contained in Carbonite alone. So, in that respect, my forever gratitude to Rythal and crew for their dedication, commitment and continual efforts to keep the program functional.

My question is in 2 parts:
1: Is there a projected timeline for release of BFA Carbonite?
2: Can you suggest 'alternative' addons that closely emulates Carbonite without a bucket full of addons?

The only other time that there seemed to be an issue with integration with a new expansion release I can remember was in MoP, and I think that is when Rythal took over ownership - and I remember him pulling out most of his hair at that time to get it operational!

Anyway, thanks guys for your diligence and committed efforts in this project!
08-07-18, 06:43 AM   #60
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Mordralis
1: Is there a projected timeline for release of BFA Carbonite?
BfA is not out, so we can only talk of official 8.0.1 (Pre-Patch) Release and this release is comming soon. Release will be available when all module will be functional in 8.0.1. U can always use Alpha release till then (if u dont know how to use Github u can use Twitch/Curse client for Alpha releases).

Originally Posted by Mordralis
2: Can you suggest 'alternative' addons that closely emulates Carbonite without a bucket full of addons?
No, there is no alternative.

P.S. As of some time there are two active developers: Rythal and me. Rythal is now on vacation, but he wrotesome where on forums that he is stepping out after BfA.

Last edited by ircdirk : 08-07-18 at 07:22 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » 8.0 Pre-Expansion Patch - Battle for Azeroth