10-12-09, 02:38 AM   #1
Nogger98
A Kobold Labourer
see all chars per account?

Hi,

does an addon or something else exist, that show you other chars of a mainchar? it would be great for guilds. so you could see if somebody is with multiple chars in your guild.

Thx

Nogger
10-12-09, 05:14 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nogger98 View Post
Hi,

does an addon or something else exist, that show you other chars of a mainchar? it would be great for guilds. so you could see if somebody is with multiple chars in your guild.

Thx

Nogger
Nope, nor do AddOns have access to that kind of data. Maybe in the future via Battle.net.

Most AddOns I have seen that show alts require the user to associate an alt with a main character. However there is nothing that is automatic that can link a player's character with an WoW account (which would be the only you could automatically show if CharacterB is an Alt of CharacterA)

This idea may get added in the future now that Blizzard has started linking WoW accounts with Battle.net accounts. Blizzard will be adding more social options in World of Warcraft as a part of the Battle.net integration. However it remains to be seen what gets added, how it is accessed and how far it goes.

Last edited by Zyonin : 10-12-09 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Fixed some hacknied grammer and added additional clarafication.
10-12-09, 05:16 AM   #3
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Only things I know of are GuildAds & ALT-O-Holic, but both of those require the others in your Guild to have it installed. I've tried and tried to get everyone in my guild using either of those addons. Most aren't like us here on wowi, lol. These guys I'm with are mostly all against using addons at all... and they're missin' out cause my BornabeUI is freakin' sweet! Well, to me it is, haha.
10-12-09, 05:20 AM   #4
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
This info is not available through game-mechanics.
10-12-09, 08:37 AM   #5
zero-kill
A Firelord

I recall seeing a handy spreadsheet generator back in the day that had that functionality, but it was so bugged I didn't develop it any further. All it really did was pull information from the local directory and pasted it into the chart, with realm name, char. name and then you'd enter in any other data for tracking.

Like the others said, in game tracking is only possible if you login to the main, and then each alt individually and only on a per account/realm basis.
10-12-09, 12:54 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

We had an issue with someone back a few years ago that was making alts and getting them in to the guild (then harassing people after laying low for a few hours) after we had removed for various reasons.

We sent a ticket to a GM to see if we could find out if one of the toons in the guild was in fact this person. We were told that they cannot give out that information for security and privacy reasons.

So the gist of it is they won't likely ever make that information available. The reasoning behind it as far as i can guess anyway is while having the information might prevent the idiots of the game world from getting away with various things, it would certainly empower the same people to grief the living daylights out of someone since you would literally be able to find people anywhere.

So as far as i can see this type of information will only be obtained voluntarily.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-12-09, 03:40 PM   #7
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Prat is another addon that will keep a list of alts for you (it adds the name of the main char to their messages, e.g. <SomeAlt> (MainChar): Hello!). However, it too requires the links between main and alt(s) to be set up manually (although if you've recorded the name of an alt's main char in the alt's guild note it can import them from there).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » see all chars per account?