10-13-16, 05:17 PM   #1
ToniDale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Objective is not in the Database?

I am leveling an alt and even though Carbonite worked fine before, it seems to have forgotten quests that it knew previously.

https://gyazo.com/c9d2fdb549dfcc1303e0f23fc9a4cca2
10-14-16, 02:48 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ToniDale View Post
I am leveling an alt and even though Carbonite worked fine before, it seems to have forgotten quests that it knew previously.

https://gyazo.com/c9d2fdb549dfcc1303e0f23fc9a4cca2
That doesnt work that way. Quests from Quest Module are scrapped from wowhead and wowhead database isnt 100% acurate and updated so there are missing quests.

For those quests Carbonite tries to use workaround functions to find out those data from Blizz functions/map. Those functions work only when accepting quest and sometimes when changing maps. So sometimes they will be not available as they are not saved.
10-15-16, 12:05 PM   #3
ToniDale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What you are saying makes sense, ircdirk, except that these are quests that Carbonite had no problems finding last month. This will be my 4th 110 and most of these quests carbonite worked flawlessly with directing me to the right area. But it seems suddenly that the quests aren't there when last month they were.

Unless you are saying wowhead removed the info?
10-15-16, 02:29 PM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ToniDale View Post
What you are saying makes sense, ircdirk, except that these are quests that Carbonite had no problems finding last month. This will be my 4th 110 and most of these quests carbonite worked flawlessly with directing me to the right area. But it seems suddenly that the quests aren't there when last month they were.

Unless you are saying wowhead removed the info?
See first quest on your list against wowhead data:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=39882/t...mour-has-faded

As u can see there are no objectives marked on the map so there are no coords for them, so Carbonite doesnt have those objctives in database and doesnt know where to point them.

BUT Carbonites tries to find out them by using workaround functions, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. It works 99% when u are accepting this quest and u are in the zone of this quest. But if u have it already in the list and u reload or relog u may does not have those objectives becouse they are not saved.

Last edited by ircdirk : 10-15-16 at 02:32 PM.
10-17-16, 06:20 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Ok, checked, debuged... found fix for this. Carbonite might lag a little bit on first WoW login but it will discover those quests that are not in Carbonite Quests Database (only for current Continent). Update from github.

Last edited by ircdirk : 10-17-16 at 06:26 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Objective is not in the Database?