08-29-14, 09:14 AM   #1
Shadowwings
A Kobold Labourer
TidyPlates Opacity Issue (help)

I would love to know how to resolve this because it makes it very hard to utilize tidy plates.

I am using Grey Tank theme (have tested with all other themes) and I like to have my Target opacity at 100% and my non-target opacity lower (say 50%), but it is not working.

When out of combat if I target something everything in the mob is set for 100% opacity (not the huge issue just fyi). The big issue is when I am in combat everything I am tanking takes on the opacity level of non-target. So I can't tell what I'm actually targeting without looking at the red marker on their feet.

Due to this I have to turn off Tidy Plates because it makes it very hard to rotate targets (for interrupts or threat control) because I can barely tell what I'm targeting.

Here are some images for reference. If anyone has any tips please let me know. I love tidy plates but can't use it in it's current state.
(On imgur you can hit next to see each one. I also added text to the images for easier reference)

Settings
Right Before Pull
Right as I pull
While tanking (the big issue)

08-29-14, 11:45 AM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the new GUID format is preventing TidyPlates from parsing the GUID so it's discarding it instead.

If its GUID-storing functionality is broken it may not acknowledge that your target's GUID matches the nameplate's GUID and therefor can't identify your target's nameplate, so it's treating it like any other nameplate.

08-30-14, 01:51 AM   #3
icyblade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

well i think i've figured it out
in TidyPlates\TidyPlatesCore.lua, Line 918:
the fact is in WoD, UnitExists(unit) will return true/false rather than 1/0, so we can just simply change
Code:
function events:PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED() HasTarget = UnitExists("target") == 1; 	SetUpdateAll() 	end
to
Code:
function events:PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED() HasTarget = UnitExists("target") == true; 	SetUpdateAll() 	end
then we have opacity back, so have debuff

08-30-14, 05:12 AM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just do HasTarget = UnitExists('target') and then it will work in both versions.

You really shouldn't do an explicit comparison to 1 or true unless it can return something that doesn't evaluate to a boolean.

08-30-14, 10:49 AM   #5
icyblade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Just do HasTarget = UnitExists('target') and then it will work in both versions.

You really shouldn't do an explicit comparison to 1 or true unless it can return something that doesn't evaluate to a boolean.
yep, its just for comparison

09-09-14, 07:11 AM   #6
King_Noa
A Kobold Labourer
since the new build, i have some strange "dragon" (like the one in the Blizzard Boss Traget Frame) on the Tidyplates nameplates for Bosses (the Blizzard Nameplates have them too).

any idea how to disable them?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » WoD Beta archived threads » TidyPlates Opacity Issue (help)