12-07-09, 11:04 PM   #1
Ronbo
A Defias Bandit
Question Carbonite 'find' or 'search' option <?>

Love Carbonite in every way over Questhelper, only Questhelper option I miss is the /find option to locate an npc or mob.

Am thinking with all Carbonite's abilities, there must be a find or search option, but have been unable to find or locate any information on it.

Soooo thought I'd come to the source.

thx
Ronbo

12-08-09, 10:21 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
What are you trying to find?

12-09-09, 08:12 PM   #3
Ronbo
A Defias Bandit
Well....nothing atm :-) but occasionally there is an NPC or MOB that is difficult to find. With Quest Helper you could enter a /find xxx request and
it would mark on the map to help in locating. Handy little feature, especially while leveling.

thx
Ronbo

12-10-09, 09:40 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If you're looking for a mob to kill for a quest, then if you click the little button to the left of the mob entry (like "kill 10 blizzard employees") in the quest tracker, you'll get a "crazy arrow" on your screen pointing you to where such mobs can be found, with the distance (and I think estimated time to get there) noted. Also, Carb shows colored blocks on the map denoting the area where the mobs can be found.

If you're looking for an NPC to turn in a quest, click on the button to the left of the quest name in the quest tracker. Same thing, arrow pointing you where to go.

If you're looking for a particular quest giver, I think that clicking the little button to the left of the quest name (or giver's name?) in the quest database will give you a "go to" entry in the quest watcher, and probably an arrow pointing in his direction.

02-25-10, 10:13 AM   #5
arcanor
A Kobold Labourer
What about npcs that are not quest related, such as when I'm visiting a town for the first time, looking for a specific vendor that has a recipe I want to buy?

It would be great to be able to use the tracking HUD for arbitrary names. Is this possible?

It would also be fantastic to be able to have a hotkey to use the targeting HUD to temporarily show your current target's distance and direction when holding down ALT (or some other key if that's taken). Right now I can see that I'm near the vendor because I did a /target vendorname, but I still have to search around to figure out where he actually is. Couldn't carbonite help me with this task?

Last edited by arcanor : 02-25-10 at 10:19 AM.

03-23-10, 04:51 PM   #6
gdfah
A Kobold Labourer
Perhaps what we are trying to do is farm drops from mobs that are NOT part of a quest, but the drops are mats for tradeskills. Not just all out farming Nodes, but mobs to kill, elementals and such.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 'find' or 'search' option <?>