06-28-16, 07:19 PM   #1
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fauxmazzle user Minion observation

This was posted on the FauxMazzle page today.
06-28-16, 08:23 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
If you just re-download the addon inside Minion it will keep track of the correct one. The persons minion.xml was probably wiped so it forced a re-detection. There shouldn't be any difference between 3.0.2 and 3.0.4, no detection code was changed. I'm guessing the other addon is a new addon and its conflicting with your legion beta addon for some reason? If I could get the name of the other addon that would help a lot.
07-06-16, 08:05 AM   #3
Fonjask
A Fallenroot Satyr

MoncaiCompare

I had the same issue - checked what happened when I pressed "Uninstall" on Fauxmazzle in Minion - and it removed the folder !MoncaiCompare (successor of EquipCompare): http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/moncaicompare

Hope this helps. If you need anything else from me let me know.
07-20-16, 07:47 AM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Fonjask View Post
I had the same issue - checked what happened when I pressed "Uninstall" on Fauxmazzle in Minion - and it removed the folder !MoncaiCompare (successor of EquipCompare): http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/moncaicompare

Hope this helps. If you need anything else from me let me know.
It removed it because its included with Fauxmazzle.

!MoncaiCompare/!MoncaiCompare.lua - 528 b
!MoncaiCompare/!MoncaiCompare.toc - 288 b
!MoncaiCompare/Changelog-!MoncaiCompare-v6.2.0.txt - 215 b
!MoncaiCompare/EncounterJournal.lua - 1.46 Kb
07-22-16, 08:17 AM   #5
Fonjask
A Fallenroot Satyr

I don't see a problem with that - but I just want MoncaiCompare, and Minion detects MoncaiCompare as Fauxmazzle and it wants me to update it, forcing an install of Fauxmazzle to overwrite MoncaiCompare, even though I don't have or want Fauxmazzle.
07-22-16, 08:34 AM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Oh ok, now I understand.

Since we don't have that addon in our database Minion is trying to match it with something. I need to figure out a way to stop that. Simple way would be to convince Moncai to upload Moncai Compare here. I almost think the long term fix would be to index all of curses AddOns so Minion knows about them so it won't try and match them with something else.

For right now you'll just need to right click and ignore 'Fauxmazzle' not delete it.
07-24-16, 04:19 AM   #7
OUGHT
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yes, I had the same problem. Under Windows, some addon was detected as FauxMazzle...
07-27-16, 11:01 PM   #8
Sofitia
A Defias Bandit

Same and other issues with Minion

I had Minion misidentifying GTFO as FauxMazzle myself for a while, but it eventually resolved. Sort of. Since then I've had a couple issues:

1. Minion just doesn't recognize that I have GTFO installed at all. I've tried uninstalling GTFO and reinstalling via Minion, but it hangs and never completes installation; it downloads to the right folder, but never unzips the file. Manually unzipping does nothing either, so the addon is installed and functioning, but Minion doesn't reflect that.

2. !BugGrabber doesn't show up at all in the Minion app, either under the "Installed" or "Find More" tabs, even though it's available to download from the WoWInterface website and was recently updated.

If it matters: I run Minion on a Mac, it's fully updated, and I haven't deleted any of its files or preferences (apart from deleting the old app and downloading the updated version as directed).

Let me know if I should post the non-FauxMazzle specific issues elsewhere. I don't want to hijack the thread, but wanted to mention them on the off chance it was all somehow related.
07-28-16, 08:46 AM   #9
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Sofitia View Post
1. Minion just doesn't recognize that I have GTFO installed at all. I've tried uninstalling GTFO and reinstalling via Minion, but it hangs and never completes installation; it downloads to the right folder, but never unzips the file. Manually unzipping does nothing either, so the addon is installed and functioning, but Minion doesn't reflect that.
This should now be fixed. I found an issue with the way GTFO is released on our site and our file hashes were not being update properly. Minion was refusing to install GTFO due to a file hash mismatch.

Originally Posted by Sofitia View Post
2. !BugGrabber doesn't show up at all in the Minion app, either under the "Installed" or "Find More" tabs, even though it's available to download from the WoWInterface website and was recently updated.
The category this AddOn is located in was not enabled for Minion. I've since enabled it so this AddOn should now show up.

Thanks for posting this!
07-29-16, 06:06 PM   #10
Sofitia
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
This should now be fixed. I found an issue with the way GTFO is released on our site and our file hashes were not being update properly. Minion was refusing to install GTFO due to a file hash mismatch.
Minion will now allow me to install GTFO without hanging, but as soon as I quit the app and relaunch, it doesn't register it as an installed addon and only shows up under the "Find More" tab again.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
The category this AddOn is located in was not enabled for Minion. I've since enabled it so this AddOn should now show up.
!BugGrabber shows up in Minion now and installs without any issues.

Thanks for the help with these.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Fauxmazzle user Minion observation