08-11-09, 04:00 PM   #1
markhr
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question stupid chat frame :/

Short: Can I move the chat frame permanently to bottom left hand corner and, if so, how do I make it stay there?

Long: Any idea why I can align my chatbox with the left edge of the screen no problem but, even with lowmemorychat addon and input moved to top, the damn thing floats above the bottom of the screen. I can unlock it and drag it down so it lines up with the bottom left hand corner but, whether I leave it locked or unlocked, it reverts to the same position, i.e., well away from the bottom of the screen.

I had a look at the addons folder but, as I didn't see anything named blizzard_chatframe (might have missed it), I'm in need of some expert advice please.

Do I need to use a frame mover addon? If so, what's the easiest/best/simplest (the chatframe is the only thing I currently need to move)?

If not, which lua file should I look at to edit so the chat frame stays where I want it to?
08-11-09, 04:53 PM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
do you have simple chat enabled in the interface options?
08-11-09, 07:02 PM   #3
markhr
A Fallenroot Satyr
I don't think so (sorry, maintenance :/ ). Is that the reason for the position resetting?
08-11-09, 10:07 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
do you have a mod like FuBar or TitanPanel that can auto-adjust frames to leave room for a bar at the top/bottom?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-12-09, 01:39 AM   #5
markhr
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yes, titan panel, i.e., bottom single bar (other addons like bartender4, totem titmers and capping addon mini map all line up at the bottom no problem). However, even before I started using titan in the bottom position I had chat frame position resets.

I'd really lke to keep titan panel as I find it incredibly useful.
08-12-09, 01:43 AM   #6
markhr
A Fallenroot Satyr
...and the penny has finally dropped (I'm an eedjit).

http://code.google.com/p/titanpanel/...D_ME_FIRST.txt

Originally Posted by titan panel
Automatic Log Adjust. This instructs Titan to pin/stick the chat log on top of your lowest action bar, so the chat log doesn't overlap the action bars (should only work on Blizzard default bars and not custom bars like those added/created by Bartender3 or Bongos2). Since this option has created a lot of confusion however, we recommend that you keep this off and manually move the chat log and lock it. The default setting is OFF.
Thanks for the help folks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » stupid chat frame :/