05-07-08, 02:16 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI in 2.42 Problems and Solutions

Here's a consolidated list of the workarounds that may still be applicable since the 1.15 core and DocEvl add-on patch.

Symptoms: WoW says that MazzleUI is missing dependencies.
Problem: User did not follow install instructions.
Solution: Make sure you install both the MazzleUI 1.15 core first and DocEvl updated add-on compilation.

Symptoms: Combat log windows are empty.
Problem: SCL no longer works in 2.4
Solution: Install CombatFilter or NotSCL and manually configure to show in chat frames 6 and 7. You can configure CombatFilter as described in this post.

Originally Posted by MobyToby View Post
Here ya go. Monkey-proof directions hopefully.

1) type /cfilter
2) Click Add Filter, and type 'Output' in the Filter name text box (click the little 'OK' button when done)
3) Click the 'Create Filter' Button
4) Click the '+' next to the "Filter" node in the tree to the left
5) Click the 'Output' entry in the tree
6) Select ChatFrame6 in the FilterOutput drop down NOTE: you can click the "Show" button to identify which outputs windows are which.
7) In the Source/Destination tab, check "Done by:" me and pet if appropriate
8) In the Event Types tab click whatever is appropriate. "All" is probably not a bad option
9) Ensure "Enabled" is checked and click "Apply Filter"

Rinse and repeat for a filter called "Input", except this one will obviously only record damage done TO you (not BY you). It should also be outputted to ChatFrame7.

I found it necessary to lower the font size too in order to squeeze it all in. See a recent post for directions on how to do this.
Symptoms: Antagonist bars are not placed in the correct spots.
Problem: Antagonist preloader needed.
Solution: You must manually move them until a new fix is created.

Symptoms: Bongos 1 action bars have problems with certain classes.
Problem: MazzleUI's Bongos has not been updated to work well with 2.4.
Solution: None. Must live with issues or switch to Bongos 3.

Symptoms: MazzleUI does not configure Bongos 2 or 3 action bars.
Problem: MazzleUI does not work with Bongos 2 or 3.
Solution: You must configure them yourself.

Symptoms: Some aspect of the UI is not configured as expected. For example, the unit frames look wrong, the 3d models are all in the corner, the bars aren't placed, etc.
Problem: User got an error during mazzification but did not notice it.
Solution: Become friends with your bug sack. That's the first thing you should find in your Fubar. Monitor that new errors are not being placed in there while you're mazzifying. Remember that the errors will be cleared when you reload your UI, so you much check it before and after reloads.

Symptoms: Something is off-screen
Problem: One of the add-ons is not updated to use anchoring changes introduced in 2.3.
Solution: Update add-ons. You can also try "/mf reset" to reset position of certain frames.

Symptoms: Add-on <x> does not work correctly.
Problem: Add-on <x> has not been updated by user.
Solution: Update add-on <x>. You can use an automated updater, like the various WoWAce ones or perhaps the WoWInterface one, to update most of the add-ons.

Symptoms: Add-on <x> does not work correctly and I can't find an updated version.
Problem: There is no updated version.
Solution: Find a replacement. Add-ons that I know are on this list are: SCL, SuperInspect, GFW_TrackMenu. Possible replacements are Combat Filter, NotSCL, Inspector. GFW_Trackmenu is probably no longer needed.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 05-31-08 at 05:58 AM.
05-07-08, 07:50 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

On second though, I'll keep the thread open and just delete posts from this thread as I add information. Feel free to make corrections and suggestions.
05-07-08, 08:50 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Very nice writeup, but you left out quite a bit. You have to put yourself in the "new users shoes" and assume they are not going to know what you're talking about. Let's take this one for example:

"Symptoms: WoW throws an error when mazzifying that says it can't find a variable name statusBarText, such as "[2008/05/03 21:36:50-4-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'"
Problem: User did not follow install instructions and install Detard's bug fix compilation.
Solution: Make sure you install the MazzleUI 1.1 core first, Detard's bug fix compilation on top of that, and Detard's add-on compilation third. (Note that after you do that, you'll still need to update add-ons and apply manual workarounds. When a new bug fix patch and updated add-ons are released, you will no longer have to do this last part.)"

Lets assume that they came here and found this thread before finding the actual Mazzle UI post.... in the solution ask yourself what, where (links), how. Give the user that information (for each sentence in the solution) and it will less likely cause them to ask questions that others are sick of answering.

In other words, head the obvious questions off at the pass and answer them all ahead of time... all in one post.
05-07-08, 10:33 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, but my verbose FAQ writing days are behind me. I was just bored today and thought I'd make something a little more focused than that other thread. If I left out actual topics or you have specific and concrete additions, I can add those.
05-08-08, 12:15 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Please don't post questions in this thread.
05-13-08, 01:24 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good catch, but I don't think that's a problem. The fix only overwrites what's in the MazzleUI add-ons, so the key is to do that after installing the core. The ordering of the add-on pack step doesn't matter at all IIRC.
05-25-08, 11:00 AM   #7
seffyroff
A Defias Bandit
Wonderful guide, after a recent PC upgrade I followed this from scratch and have a nice error free MazzleUI

Nearly 500,000 downloads can't be wrong!
05-31-08, 05:59 AM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Updated to remove things no longer applicable since new core and add-on pack.
05-31-08, 10:47 AM   #9
erogroth
A Cyclonian
So do we need to download the new mazzle and the new addon pack or is the addon pack optional? What does it have?
05-31-08, 11:02 AM   #10
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

they are both required. the addon pack has all the stuff that is not made by mazzle, but is updated... i think
05-31-08, 03:48 PM   #11
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Please post your questions in an existing thread for your problem or create a new one. Lets leave this particular thread as a short list of known problems and solutions please.
06-01-08, 07:57 AM   #12
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

i dont know if some of us care about these but i was used to see the tracking icon on top right side of the minimap (outside) and the BG icon on top left of minimap (outside) and every release i have to dig in the lua to change the code. That was posted by Elcarath (who did some nice skins for mazzleui and i hope they are added but i keep doing it myself to be able to mazzify and choose them with the preview image and description until a new release maybe include them) but heres the link to his post. Maybe it helps

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ght=voice+icon

and while we are at it (i think this is minor) the status window DURABILITY function is missing some events so its really offset whats the fubar durability, for example, will tell you. This post was made by Lightguard to just add the missing events so status window_durability will give you your real damage on gears under your 3D model

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ght=durability
08-05-08, 07:48 AM   #13
Gorator
A Defias Bandit
Is anyone here they can send me the WTF from MazzleUI?
08-05-08, 10:28 AM   #14
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
There is no need to send a WTF, that is what the Mazzifier is for. The Mazzifier process sets up all the elements of the UI on the fly.
08-25-08, 01:03 PM   #15
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
just did the mazzle setup, i tried the monkey proof setup for CombatFilter, the only problem is no chatframe7 i have no errors, just no chat frame
09-03-08, 04:37 PM   #16
Slipgate
A Murloc Raider
I'm currently veeery frustrated with this addon, I have followed to my knowledge every step listed, installed the core, plus the add-on and i'm still showing "Missing dependencies". What gives? Can't we just get an updated mazzle with everything included in one zip? just unzip it right to the friggin interface and fonts folder??
09-03-08, 05:58 PM   #17
dropper
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Slipgate View Post
I'm currently veeery frustrated with this addon, I have followed to my knowledge every step listed, installed the core, plus the add-on and i'm still showing "Missing dependencies". What gives? Can't we just get an updated mazzle with everything included in one zip? just unzip it right to the friggin interface and fonts folder??
I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to be more specific, like which dependency (can see by hovering over the offender with your mouse).

I recently had to redo my install (something got corrupted with one of the updaters) and started from scratch with the two zip files. After install, I used WowAceUpdater to update (since Ace is constantly in flux and would make updating the zip files here a daily chore) and then I did a Mazzify and everything worked as intended.

I also use the Curse updater to update the non-Ace addons.

Keith
09-10-08, 01:17 AM   #18
Vishiss
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
just did the mazzle setup, i tried the monkey proof setup for CombatFilter, the only problem is no chatframe7 i have no errors, just no chat frame
Try reMazzify'ing, choosing only the option "Look 'n' Feel: Window position and UI Skin" under the heading "Which portions of the UI would you like to Mazzify" on the General options tab. Sometimes chatframe7 gets clustered in with the main chatframes and this will put it in the proper place.
09-10-08, 10:55 AM   #19
blackfirefox
An Aku'mai Servant

Angry Mazzle Install has always pissed me off !!!

Originally Posted by Slipgate View Post
That would just be to hard, this community of Mazzle followers find that you need to read......make it easy, not 50 damn steps to get it working, make a fully compiled installer for it, dont make the person wanting to use go here and go there, thats just plain stupid....not everyone is a mazzle follower and knows how to do everything and DOES NOT WANT TO READ 5 PAGES OF TEXT to figure out how to use it.
09-11-08, 08:46 AM   #20
Carthrix
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by blackfirefox View Post
That would just be to hard, this community of Mazzle followers find that you need to read......make it easy, not 50 damn steps to get it working, make a fully compiled installer for it, dont make the person wanting to use go here and go there, thats just plain stupid....not everyone is a mazzle follower and knows how to do everything and DOES NOT WANT TO READ 5 PAGES OF TEXT to figure out how to use it.
Not to be rude (ok mabey I do) Go find another UI to use if you dont want to put in alittle work, I bet you will spend more time setting up and tweaking that UI then you would INSTALLING MAZZLE right the first time. All I ever have to do is follow the steps with a fresh interface folder and mazzle works the first time for me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI in 2.4 Problems and Solutions