06-20-10, 04:20 PM   #2621
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Not bad, never seen the point in those faded portraits and the power bar thing seems a bit strange, too, but I guess it's a nice stylistic feature. The rest is pretty clean, I guess. But you really should set your screenshot quality to 10.
Yea, Not on my normal computer, so haven't really bothered ^^'

I've been making that style of UF for quite a bit, and with the portraits, well I've always liked them, and wanted some without having them stick out the side of the UF...

06-20-10, 04:23 PM   #2622
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
Yea, Not on my normal computer, so haven't really bothered ^^'

I've been making that style of UF for quite a bit, and with the portraits, well I've always liked them, and wanted some without having them stick out the side of the UF...
My computer screen broke recently so I'm stuck on t he same boat as you and using the same screen resolution Epiphany. :O

06-20-10, 05:07 PM   #2623
Detox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thinking about a new layout (still just a concept, no complete at all)

what do you think?

06-20-10, 05:29 PM   #2624
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
My computer screen broke recently so I'm stuck on t he same boat as you and using the same screen resolution Epiphany. :O
D: I'm on my sister's laptop...
My Desktop screen is only 1280x1024 T_T So, I need to go find the awesome TV I have...because after having a widescreen it is so annoying >_<

Originally Posted by Detox View Post

what do you think?

I really like that :3 Only thing I would do, is try to space the Health/Power texts away from the UF a bit more.

06-20-10, 06:44 PM   #2625
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

what do you think?
PLEASE tell me those were done with OUF and that you're gonna upload them. Only changes I would make are personal preference ones.

1. Flip the horizontal positions. I've spent 5 years playing WoW with the player uf on the left and target on the right, and I'm old and set in my ways.

2. Add a pet frame to the player frame exactly the same as the ToT and I would be a happy camper!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-21-10, 02:44 AM   #2626
Detox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's all Pitbull4 and many changes and improvements will be made

06-21-10, 03:18 AM   #2627
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Um, well, it's a nice UF layout and all, but I really don't see what's so amazing about it. Sure, the borders are nice and clean, but they're just thick and faded. Also, putting the player frame on the right seems like a pointless move to me and I can't tell which way the bars are filling - they both seem to be doing so in opposite directions. The pixel font's okay, I suppose, but is extremely tiny compared to the frames themselves and would be very hard to read.

Sorry, but I fail to see the ZOMGness in this. Still, it's pretty cool.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-21-10, 03:52 AM   #2628
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Um, well, it's a nice UF layout and all, but I really don't see what's so amazing about it. Sure, the borders are nice and clean, but they're just thick and faded. Also, putting the player frame on the right seems like a pointless move to me and I can't tell which way the bars are filling - they both seem to be doing so in opposite directions. The pixel font's okay, I suppose, but is extremely tiny compared to the frames themselves and would be very hard to read.

Sorry, but I fail to see the ZOMGness in this. Still, it's pretty cool.
Two points;

1. I didn't (nor would I ever) invoke the term "ZOMG". I occasionally use "OMG" to imply a modicum of irony, or a feeling of general disdain. As in, "OMG! That guy's a total troll!" But (and there's always a but) I do not and will not add the "Z". In my humble opinion, it implies that the user of the term has the equivalent IQ of a brain-damaged hummingbird. (My apologies to any parents, relatives, or anyone who indeed is a brain-damaged hummingbird. No offense is intended, and I'm quite sure you are very proud of your little son, daughter, niece or nephew. Look at them... So cute... Flitting around... Banging into windows and doors... Just adorable. And if you are a brain-damaged hummingbird, you most likely can't read this post anyway.)

2. I like the way those unit frames look. And I would use them if someone would tell me the exact settings to use in Pitbull to get exactly the same effect. No extra charge for the subtle hint.

Wella, if you don't like them, that's completely ok. But (see above) to use the vernacular to which you seem to be accustomed, don't be hatin' cuz doze frames is the shiznit!!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-21-10, 04:10 AM   #2629
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Wella:

Told [x]
Not Told [ ]

06-21-10, 05:31 AM   #2630
Detox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

After considering some of your feedback (obviously ignoring the flames :P) I ended up with following layout, where still minor changes have to be done.

Solo, Target hostile ooc
Solo, Target+ToT+Focus

06-21-10, 06:15 AM   #2631
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

After considering some of your feedback (obviously ignoring the flames :P) I ended up with following layout, where still minor changes have to be done.

Solo, Target hostile ooc
Solo, Target+ToT+Focus
It's not ZOMG, it's hell ****in yeah!!!

edit: added !!!

06-21-10, 07:19 AM   #2632
Wella

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Two points;

1. I didn't (nor would I ever) invoke the term "ZOMG". I occasionally use "OMG" to imply a modicum of irony, or a feeling of general disdain. As in, "OMG! That guy's a total troll!" But (and there's always a but) I do not and will not add the "Z". In my humble opinion, it implies that the user of the term has the equivalent IQ of a brain-damaged hummingbird. (My apologies to any parents, relatives, or anyone who indeed is a brain-damaged hummingbird. No offense is intended, and I'm quite sure you are very proud of your little son, daughter, niece or nephew. Look at them... So cute... Flitting around... Banging into windows and doors... Just adorable. And if you are a brain-damaged hummingbird, you most likely can't read this post anyway.)

2. I like the way those unit frames look. And I would use them if someone would tell me the exact settings to use in Pitbull to get exactly the same effect. No extra charge for the subtle hint.

Wella, if you don't like them, that's completely ok. But (see above) to use the vernacular to which you seem to be accustomed, don't be hatin' cuz doze frames is the shiznit!!
You honestly think I used 'ZOMG' as if I would say it? It's called a play on words. Also, I'm glad you like the unit frames - but hey, guess what? I don't. 'So there'.

Originally Posted by xandora View Post
Wella:

Told [x]
Not Told [ ]
Nice. Thanks, mate. Appreciated. I'm glad you think that someone posting a moderately tall fence of text using perfect grammar and stating their opinions in a nose-up way should be considered as 'being told'.

Solo, Target hostile ooc
Solo, Target+ToT+Focus
How is me using 'ZOMG' in a somewhat humerous manner supposed to be a flame? Jeez. Anyway, I like the improvements, the font's now easier to read, but I think the borders are a little too thick... Maybe reduce them by like 1 or 2 pixels and see what result you get. Other than that, really nice screenshots.

Edit: Also, why do I seem to inspire so many negative signatures all of a sudden? T_T Edit: Apparently, Voodoodad's in particular.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

Last edited by Wella : 06-21-10 at 08:08 AM.

06-21-10, 07:31 AM   #2633
Detox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

How is me using 'ZOMG' in a somewhat humerous manner supposed to be a flame? Jeez. Anyway, I like the improvements, the font's now easier to read, but I think the borders are a little too thick... Maybe reduce them by like 1 or 2 pixels and see what result you get. Other than that, really nice screenshots.

Edit: Also, why do I seem to inspire so many negative signatures all of a sudden? T_T
it wasn't you

06-21-10, 07:36 AM   #2634
Wella

Originally Posted by Voodoodad's signature
I didn't (nor would I ever) invoke the term "ZOMG". I occasionally use "OMG" to imply a modicum of irony, or a feeling of general disdain. As in, "OMG! That guy's a total troll!" But (and there's always a but) I do not and will not add the "Z". In my humble opinion, it implies that the user of the term has the equivalent IQ of a brain-damaged hummingbird.
Lol.

Anyway, I don't want to be off-topic and I have no screenshot to show. So someone else please do so.

Edit: I misunderstood Detox's point, lol, whatevs.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

Last edited by Wella : 06-21-10 at 08:12 AM.

06-21-10, 07:50 AM   #2635
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Two points;
I so need a cold shower now....

06-21-10, 09:24 AM   #2636
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Me votes for
[x] rename this thread to "Chit Chat ... Oh yeah and some UI shots"

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-21-10, 09:33 AM   #2637
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Me votes for
[x] rename this thread to "Defending your UI creation choices"

Fixed.

Constructive criticism went out the door and mean remarks took their place. This thread has gone in the ****ter.
(No Dawn, that wasn't directed at you.)

06-21-10, 09:41 AM   #2638
Wella

I personally haven't seen too many 'mean remarks', but whatever. Hey, someone post a screenie already!
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-21-10, 10:08 AM   #2639
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

When comments include things like its terrible, i hate it and so on. That's not constructive.

Offering ways to enhance the idea or concept (even if you wouldn't use it) is constructive. Hell even offering a totally different concept that may have been inspired would be helpful. If you can't be constructive in your criticism then simply keep your traps shut.

And now for a UI simply because that's the point.

This has since evolved slightly from its current incarnation. But the general overall feel is the same. When i remember to ill take a couple of screens in action.

EDIT: ok apparently i had one.

The little square on the unit frame is an aggro indicator. Was messing around with text indicators.
/flame on

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 06-21-10 at 10:13 AM. Reason: awesomeness

06-21-10, 10:19 AM   #2640
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Some updates to mine...shown with most stuff opened in config mode to demonstrate.

Changes:
Beefed the unit frames back up a little bit, they're closer in height now to their original incarnation.
Shortened UF texts.
Modified the upper bar slightly and the layout of the buffs and debuffs.
Added cast bars to the borders of the Focus and Pet frames, similar to the player/target but mostly just as visual flair since the spell name and time isn't actually visible on them. (could be added of course, I just don't particularly need that information)
Swapped over from Classtimer to Chronobars.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...