06-09-05, 12:05 AM   #41
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Without ImprovedErrorFrame running You get an error box with one of the errors listed above and a big button to close the window.
I tried getting it to stop showing up but it seems to keep doing it

On the essence conversion bit as far as I can tell it is not working either

06-09-05, 12:07 AM   #42
Henna
A Murloc Raider

For my part, the last errors I posted occurred when I opened the Beast Training window. I did not click on any skills. They are posted as displayed within Improved Error Frame and contain no line numbers.

06-09-05, 12:35 AM   #43
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm

I'll have to look at it some more. I don't think I got those errors but I'll check some more.

06-09-05, 12:47 AM   #44
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
OMG! I can't believe it I've been a guber today, the errors were in fact a small snipit of debugging code I had to throw in to figure out what value to check for on the pet training to make sure things showed up right... unfortunetly I forgot to take it back out.

Gods, I'll be alright I sware!

I really do apologize for the sheer number of bugs today guys. ITs made me feel awful. I promis I'll try to root em out more before I release. So very very sorry!

UPDATE: I've posted a new version without this and its being fixed If you want to fix it yourself just open up KC_EnhancedTrades.lua and remove line that says Message(SkillType) which I think is like 367.

Sorry again!

Last edited by Kaelten : 06-09-05 at 12:54 AM.

06-09-05, 02:40 AM   #45
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaelten
OMG! I can't believe it I've been a guber today, the errors were in fact a small snipit of debugging code I had to throw in to figure out what value to check for on the pet training to make sure things showed up right... unfortunetly I forgot to take it back out.

Gods, I'll be alright I sware!

I really do apologize for the sheer number of bugs today guys. ITs made me feel awful. I promis I'll try to root em out more before I release. So very very sorry!

UPDATE: I've posted a new version without this and its being fixed If you want to fix it yourself just open up KC_EnhancedTrades.lua and remove line that says Message(SkillType) which I think is like 367.

Sorry again!
hehe
not really any need to apologise for making something for us to use, its not like we are paying for it

I do conceed you are being a 'guber' today.
All of those errors seem to have gone now but you need to remake your zip file as you have added the fixed file to the based directory of the zip, so it hasn't overwritten the old version

Last edited by Cluey : 06-09-05 at 03:11 AM.

06-09-05, 08:01 AM   #46
Leridyn
A Murloc Raider
Hi there! Sorry for seeming clueless - but I'm an insomniax user (love that compilation) with the Pinky's tradeskill mod in it.

Can you post your enhance tradeskill mod for me to try out - and if it's already up, can you tell me where/how I can get it? Apparently I'm not seeing it, but that's not saying much. <laugh>

Thank you in advance!

Edit: nevermind...I futzed around the site and found it! I'll be playing with the new mod this weekend and thank you so much for your time! I am always so impressed with how y'all come up with these things! Please know that your do a great service to the gaming community and we appreciate it!

Last edited by Leridyn : 06-09-05 at 08:05 AM.

06-09-05, 08:32 AM   #47
Barabas
A Defias Bandit
Hi there,

I'm very pleased with this AddOn. Thanks a lot..

I have only one question:
Is it possible that the Enchanting-Frame could be revised in that manner like that ones in Tailoring or Cooking so that you could expand and collapse Categories of Enchantments (Weapon, 2-Handed-Weapons...).

I tried to do that thing, but I think the API lacks some sort of Functions for that case?

Greetings,

Barabas

06-09-05, 09:07 AM   #48
Henna
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cluey
but you need to remake your zip file as you have added the fixed file to the based directory of the zip, so it hasn't overwritten the old version
So the smaller one (27,377 bytes) with no path is the fixed one, correct? (Or I suppose I'll just wait for the new zip file if Cluey doesn't see this.)

06-09-05, 09:51 AM   #49
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Yep the one there in the base directory is the fixed one although I'm about to repost, I was asleep when he made his post. I needed the sleep! lol, Anywho, post has been made.

Leridyn: After it gets approved, which should take but a moment or two since an admin is on line. Go here to get it. You should delete the TradeSkillFrame folder in your addon directory.

06-09-05, 09:55 AM   #50
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's approved

06-09-05, 10:00 AM   #51
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
See told you it'd only take a moment!

06-09-05, 12:22 PM   #52
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Barabas
Hi there,

I'm very pleased with this AddOn. Thanks a lot..

I have only one question:
Is it possible that the Enchanting-Frame could be revised in that manner like that ones in Tailoring or Cooking so that you could expand and collapse Categories of Enchantments (Weapon, 2-Handed-Weapons...).

I tried to do that thing, but I think the API lacks some sort of Functions for that case?

Greetings,

Barabas
That is something planned for the future I believe.
In the mean time you can use SortEnchant which does have a bug in it at the moment but still works.
It is over on curse which is not dealing with the demand of players wanting to get updates very well.

To use it without the error driving you mad I recommend you get ImprovedErrorFrame which is included in cosmos and a few other repackaged UI's.
It will let the errors queue up so you don't have to keep closing the error box all the time. It makes a beep when you get an error and a button will appear under the minimap which you can click on to see the error, it also prints the error to the system channel which by default will show up in your general chat window.
The other nice feature is that it lets you highlight the error so you can copy and paste it to a useful place, like a bug report

06-09-05, 12:49 PM   #53
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Actually I'm of the intention to offer a version of this that will completly replace the entire Tradeskill and craft frame. This will, hopefully, offer superior flexabiltiy in the way things is displayed, plus allow me to offer more information, such as mats for a mat and the like.

06-09-05, 01:22 PM   #54
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
This ones for you Cluey! And all the other enchanters who want to use this.

I've fixed the conflicts with SortEnchant, or at least I did on my low level enchanter. (hes a skill 1) lol.

Please test it out with your more extensive trees, but It appears on my char that it works with no errors now.

I still do plan on adding this functionality to at least the version of KCET that has the replacement gui in it, but that'll be a while from now most likely.

Keep the feedback ideas and bugs coming guys!

06-09-05, 02:09 PM   #55
marypnj
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Kaelten
Apriciate the feedback!

Also, for enchanters, I have a new feature in the version I'm working on that if its working right, it actually will take into consideration the conversion factor of the various forms of essence.

Of course please keep the feedback coming in.
You stole my thunder! Just logged in to make this suggestion but wasn't sure if it was doable. It is also something I would consider a luxury item since the bare bones of this is what attracted me to it in the first place but I am spoiled rotten and any 'perks' like this one would be welcomed

Thanks again for working on this.

06-09-05, 02:28 PM   #56
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
WooHoo!
You rock
I didn't click on every enchant but I wasn't getting any errors from doing what was consistently producing errors before

Thanks for all your effort.

06-09-05, 02:29 PM   #57
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, I just hope it actually works, there has been no evidence one way or the other unfortunetly.

06-09-05, 10:33 PM   #58
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I think I realized why the essence conversion wasn't working properly.

Please give the new version a go and let me know what happens!

Thanks, Kael

06-09-05, 11:44 PM   #59
Osagasu_Jiyuu
A Cyclonian

Really cool Kael. I was sad when Pinky's mod had to go becuase of API changes. ;___;

Now if you could only add queueing like in better tradeskills. ^.^

I'll post here if I have any bug problems. here or the WoW forums. probably here if I remember. >.>
Osagasu
Stream
Sondessa
Saphilna

That annoying troll from the WoW forums who honestly means well. T_T

06-10-05, 10:40 AM   #60
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Queueing? Now that sounds useful. Which if I implement things like that other possibilites rear their ugly heads, like how about automatic creation of subcomponents? Automatically converting essence from one type to another?

Hehe, lots of possibilities are storing to show up in the depths of my head.... scary .

Keep the feedback coming guys.

Cluey? Could you confirm wether essence conversion seems to be working or not?

Thats for all the help guys!

Also thanks for getting me in the top 10 favorites!

Thanks again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Beta Testers Wanted - KC_EnhancedTrades - Pinky Enhanced Tradeskills ReWrite