06-05-10, 05:12 PM   #21
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*ahem*

I highly recommend uploading the file as an attachment to your post, so we don't have "unvouchable off-site links".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-05-10, 05:13 PM   #22
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
*ahem*

I highly recommend uploading the file as an attachment to your post, so we don't have "unvouchable off-site links".
Alrighty, i will

edit - Here you go :P

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=18

Last edited by Ferous : 06-05-10 at 05:15 PM.
06-05-10, 05:19 PM   #23
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thanks!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-05-10, 07:05 PM   #24
Maximillianm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
It is a bit of a big bloom effect still, but its extremely minimal bloom compared to the default bloom settings lol

Take a screeny! I want to see how yours looks

(Again to anyone who uses link - If you don't have a good computer or more, it might make your computer crash or it might make you lag alot)

Also, Shift+F12 turns it on and off ingame.
Hey Ferous, just wanted to say thanks for the download & obviously an indirect thanks to Led too . This is my screenie as requested:

06-05-10, 08:29 PM   #25
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Maximillianm View Post
Hey Ferous, just wanted to say thanks for the download & obviously an indirect thanks to Led too . This is my screenie as requested:

Oh awesome, that looks good. You using the UFs from my Ryas remake? I like the bloom settings Led++ gave to me, because its good but it's subtle enough for it to not look to in your face bright.
06-06-10, 02:18 AM   #26
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Oh, just a note - if you're using an "original" copy of the bloom mod, make sure you turn off the in-game "Full Screen Bloom Effect" - they react multiplicatively, making some areas FAR too bright.
06-06-10, 02:38 AM   #27
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Oh, just a note - if you're using an "original" copy of the bloom mod, make sure you turn off the in-game "Full Screen Bloom Effect" - they react multiplicatively, making some areas FAR too bright.
What Taryble said :P Turn off Spectrul Lighting or what ever its called ingame, or else you'll have a mess.
06-06-10, 03:13 AM   #28
Maximillianm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
Oh awesome, that looks good. You using the UFs from my Ryas remake? I like the bloom settings Led++ gave to me, because its good but it's subtle enough for it to not look to in your face bright.
Yup, have always loved Ryas' UFs.
06-06-10, 03:21 AM   #29
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Big shout-outs to Ferous and Led. The adjusted settings look great and this time I took no fps hit whatsoever. I'll try to remember to post a screenie later. Thanks again guys.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-06-10, 09:33 AM   #30
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

This might sound noobish but i can't get it to work, the only thing i did was put the both file's you uploaded into my wow folder, the message im getting is this
Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting program.
Am i missing something here?

Tukui | Github
06-06-10, 09:53 AM   #31
Dawn
A Molten Giant

This error occurs, because the download provided by Ferous is missing some dll's for some graphic card/directx combinations.

E: You can google the missing dll's if you take a look into the readme.txt.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

Last edited by Dawn : 06-06-10 at 09:57 AM.
06-06-10, 11:24 AM   #32
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Or I can be polite and attach them to this post - this is d3dx9_26.dll and d3dx9_40.dll, which should fix most issues that crop up with the "hdr" dll's. Just unzip this to your WoW folder along with the other files.

Another thing that can be an issue, is that WoW uses DirectX9, and the custom DLL is a DX9 file. It depends on DirectX9 being installed, even if you're running Vista or Win7, which have DX10/11 on them. If adding the DLL's I've attached doesn't fix the issue, check out Microsoft's website and download DirectX 9.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wow-hdr-missingdlls.zip (2.77 MB, 1079 views)
06-06-10, 11:34 AM   #33
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I fixed it by reading some from mmo-champion wich can be found here , i just installed DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer wich fixed it for me altho the screen is still a bit to bright it's a awesome addon.

Tukui | Github
06-06-10, 11:55 AM   #34
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Is this just ENBSeries with pre-defined settings.txt? (or effects.txt, whatever it was called)

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
06-06-10, 12:25 PM   #35
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Nope, the link Ferous provides includes custom settings by Led++ AND in a subfolder the default settings.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-06-10, 05:08 PM   #36
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Nope, the link Ferous provides includes custom settings by Led++ AND in a subfolder the default settings.
So yes? (10 char limit)

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
06-06-10, 11:51 PM   #37
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Here are some pics I posted on my guild forums and figured it might be helpful here if anyone is curious as to how it looks before and after!

Bloom off

Bloom on

Another Bloom off

Another Bloom on

06-07-10, 12:32 AM   #38
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

It's driving me crazy that I cant reactivate my account for 2 weeks. I so badly want to play around with this hehe.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-07-10, 01:35 AM   #39
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

To follow Ferous.

w/o bloom:
http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_060610_2214jdr.jpg

w bloom:
http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_6_6_20_11_2rj0a.png

I'm positive there are settings who still look way better tho. I just randomly edited some values and imo it was way better then the default ones.
06-07-10, 10:49 AM   #40
Taryble
A Molten Giant

v60, yeah, it's ENBSeries Half-Life 2 DLL. A fellow posted this about a year ago on MMO-Champions, with his modified enbseries.ini (settings) file. The one posted here by Dawn includes those settings, but also has Led++'s modifications to the settings file.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bloom effects?