10-28-08, 10:02 PM   #161
Tellat
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey mikey2k

Sorry couldn't resist . If I can lend a hand let me know I'm not a coder but like most I have enjoyed using this UI and have found myself playing less without it.

Have been hunting around for a replacement for OptionFrameBoxTemplate with no success. Figuring if I can get a basic function workng again that would be a step in the right direction..... However if I can lend a hand drop me a line.

Mazzle you know this, but your code is your code and you own the rights to it. You figured out the WTF-less install! Great Job! If it was simple, than a bunch of others would have done it, but they did not. It's unique and you should keep control of it.

-Tellat
10-28-08, 11:36 PM   #162
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
well tbh restarts rolled and decided to put my head back into the code

gone 5 now and im completely bog eyed and tired and cranky lol
but whats possiblily of using OptionsFrameListTemplate instead ??

dont know have to look when im more awake

for example <Frame name="OptionsFrameListTemplate" virtual="true">

Last edited by mikey2k : 10-29-08 at 12:02 AM.
10-28-08, 11:56 PM   #163
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Wardog72 View Post
The fact there's still donation links for a useless UI speaks volumes.

^

10-29-08, 12:28 AM   #164
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Well I have gotten the text showing up in the mazzifier window and I am currently working on getting the tab buttons and next button working.

So far the issues have been what is being inherited from the blizzard templates as the templates have changed and also changed names.
10-29-08, 04:58 AM   #165
Bonafide
A Defias Bandit
Glad to see Mazzle is going to work in WOTLK I'm a huge fan of the UI and cannot live without 90% of my gaming has been with MazzleUI.

Btw Bruj0, i tried your UI, and it didnt seem to work on my computer, i followed the README compeltely, but the bars didnt seem to move how it was like before, it's just 10 bars in the middle of the screen.

btw, keep up the good work, can't wait to get the finished release <3
10-29-08, 07:44 AM   #166
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Bonafide View Post
Glad to see Mazzle is going to work in WOTLK I'm a huge fan of the UI and cannot live without 90% of my gaming has been with MazzleUI.

Btw Bruj0, i tried your UI, and it didnt seem to work on my computer, i followed the README compeltely, but the bars didnt seem to move how it was like before, it's just 10 bars in the middle of the screen.

btw, keep up the good work, can't wait to get the finished release <3
/dom

That is dominos. Then go to config bars. Now you can move them where you want them.

Right click for options to make them smaller or larger.
Middle click to make them invisible

Good Luck
10-29-08, 10:08 AM   #167
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post
Well I have gotten the text showing up in the mazzifier window and I am currently working on getting the tab buttons and next button working.

So far the issues have been what is being inherited from the blizzard templates as the templates have changed and also changed names.
So the tabs and check boxes are working. Now fixing the dropdown boxes in the Mazzifier window.
10-29-08, 10:11 AM   #168
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

So the tabs and check boxes are working. Now fixing the dropdown boxes in the Mazzifier window.
YAY! keep the hard work!

10-29-08, 11:52 AM   #169
Tellat
A Murloc Raider

Well Done

Nice Job Brillynt
10-29-08, 01:08 PM   #170
BloodWampire_25
A Kobold Labourer
pak all we can rest can download

i really misses mazzleui
10-30-08, 02:04 PM   #171
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Have the Mazzifier window working now just tracking down where the failure is to get to the Mazzify Me button.

The mazzifier process is getting closer but we will still need to determine a suitable replacement for Bongos as it is dead and will not be updated and I do not want to work on fixing bongos also (lol).

I am thinking that Macaroon for the bars as it allows variable length button bars where as dominos and others are always 12 button bars.
10-30-08, 02:56 PM   #172
Aran'gar
A Murloc Raider

[quote=Brillynt;107511]
The mazzifier process is getting closer but we will still need to determine a suitable replacement for Bongos as it is dead and will not be updated and I do not want to work on fixing bongos also (lol).
QUOTE]

Isn't Dominos next generation of Bongos? I thought the dev who created Bongos creates Dominos as well. I could be wrong.

Good job on getting the mazzifier working!!! Keep up the good work!
10-30-08, 03:07 PM   #173
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Yes, Dominos is the successor of Bongos. But with Dominos you get 12 bars with 12 buttons and that is it. You won't be able to do the old button layouts that MazzleUI had using Dominos. Macaroon however you can have any number of bars with any number of buttons on them. (Up to a max of 120 buttons total). And to my knowledge it is the only action bar mod that allows you to do this.
10-30-08, 03:31 PM   #174
Charybdis
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by malathar View Post
Yes, Dominos is the successor of Bongos. But with Dominos you get 12 bars with 12 buttons and that is it. You won't be able to do the old button layouts that MazzleUI had using Dominos. Macaroon however you can have any number of bars with any number of buttons on them. (Up to a max of 120 buttons total). And to my knowledge it is the only action bar mod that allows you to do this.
Have you looked at the advanced settings you can fiddle with using command lines at, http://code.google.com/p/tullamods/wiki/Dominos ?

And regarding layouts, I currently have a few short bars, a 2 column 3 row bar for my curses etc. You can change the shape/shrink the 10 default bars easily, do the layouts really need more then 10 bars?
10-30-08, 04:21 PM   #175
McBean
A Fallenroot Satyr

Dominoes out of the box is 12 bars 12 buttons. That said, each toolbar can be customized just like the old Bongos setup. It would be rather asinine of the author to make his next-gen product less feature-filled than its predecessor.

What little I do know of dominoes is that it was built to stay as near to the Blizzard code as possible, so it requires less overall maintenance and patching for the long haul. I don't know enough about other bar sets to say that.

Plus - given the longevity that addon author has had with WoW, I'd consider it a stable long haul of a tool. Since I can't speak about the other tool bar add ons, it's a reason I have comfort with suggesting Dominoes as a suitable replacement to Bongos.

--McBean
10-30-08, 04:35 PM   #176
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by McBean View Post
Dominoes out of the box is 12 bars 12 buttons. That said, each toolbar can be customized just like the old Bongos setup. It would be rather asinine of the author to make his next-gen product less feature-filled than its predecessor.

What little I do know of dominoes is that it was built to stay as near to the Blizzard code as possible, so it requires less overall maintenance and patching for the long haul. I don't know enough about other bar sets to say that.

Plus - given the longevity that addon author has had with WoW, I'd consider it a stable long haul of a tool. Since I can't speak about the other tool bar add ons, it's a reason I have comfort with suggesting Dominoes as a suitable replacement to Bongos.

--McBean
The other Bar mod is Trinity bars author. Macaroon made me hesitant to try it because it "is" a macro bar addon, but after using it it seems to me this will be the next wave of how to do a bar mod. It's just that good after you can "get it" (figure out ALL the uses). I've done BT4, Dominoes and Macaroon since 3.0, and from my experience, you won't find a better bar mod with the versatility of Macaroon.
10-30-08, 05:33 PM   #177
alenda
A Cliff Giant

The important thing to consider is, if we want to keep the mazzification process as close to the original, you'll need to be able to assign specific spells and bindings into the barmod, whichever ends up being used. The problem with Dominos is that it does not use specific action ID's for each button, the way Bongos did.

I'm not 100% sure that this means we can't use dominos in the same way, the posts I've seen experienced people make is that it makes it more difficult/would require a larger rewrite of the mazzifier code.

If Macaroon works in the same way as the original bongos, with action ID's, it may fit a bit easier, and make it easier on the coder. However, I think it may be worthwhile to attempt to make use of Dominos, for the reasons mentioned recently, with it being closer to the original Blizzard code and will require far less maintenance, which is basically what's screwing us at the moment, Blizzard having changed the code which rendered all barmods useless.
10-31-08, 05:03 PM   #178
Tellat
A Murloc Raider

Found a version of Discord Action Bars for Wotlk, checking in with DudeintheDark over at http://underworldexodus.com/forum/ to see if they are the real deal or not.... and it still uses button ids and Action Ids, plus the control tabs could be back if DAB is a way to go...

trying it out for a bit but I don't play a druid so not sure if everything is aok with it.
10-31-08, 06:42 PM   #179
Orchrist
A Kobold Labourer
Dominos allows up to 120 bars, so there can hardly be a shortage there. It works very well for stances/druid forms and such like, but has problems with things like Chess in Kara, the skeletons in BT (Teron Gorefiend) etc.
10-31-08, 08:28 PM   #180
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Orchrist View Post
Dominos allows up to 120 bars, so there can hardly be a shortage there. It works very well for stances/druid forms and such like, but has problems with things like Chess in Kara, the skeletons in BT (Teron Gorefiend) etc.
120 bars? wow

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 3.0/WOTLK Devs Only