08-22-07, 01:03 PM   #1
lilcure
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TunnelVision, a mod for healers and the people they love...

Introduction

TunnelVision is for the healer in all of us that from time to time has concentrated so hard one one bit of a fight or another and just forgot to look at either their own or their party members health bars. I've played healers since day 1 of EQ and led raids in top tear guilds handling all the healing responsibilities for whole guilds and yes I've done this before. Everything is fine one moment and the next you look down and poor Gimmahphatlewtz has died and gone to his graveyard.

On the other side as a healer I have DESPISED the addons that others used to use that said Omg please heal me right now I don't want to die!!!

I had always wanted a mod like this but didn't have a real needs to it until my wife and I stared leveling up our alts. I play a hunter and she plays a shaman and sometimes she's so concentrated on doing some damage or curing she forgets to look at the health bars...oops so she asked me to come up with this.

Goals

* Create a mod that given a certain health % gives a warning message on the screen to heal someone
* Create a mod that given a certain time to death threshold will estimate and give a message when someone is about to die
* Let the user choose whether themselves their pets their party and their pets should be watched
* Possibly hook it into the SCT type interfaces so taht it doesn't have to use it's own frames

Thoughts...comments...

I've done most of the leg work on the addon already and I'm doing some testing on it at the moment. I hope to have a beta version of it posted very soon. Let me know what you think or if you have some ideas about how this could be done better or modified.

My Interface Portal
08-22-07, 01:42 PM   #2
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Anything that will help with a healer not having to stare at bars (instead of the action going on around them) would be a good thing.

Old habits die hard, though, so hopefully something can be integrated for unit frames or other "healer" type addons like Grid and Healbot Continued that would put a flashy border around someone's frame that meets your selected healing criteria.

Of course, notices that hook into SCT or even raid addons like Bigwigs or Deadly Boss Mods warnings would be sweet, too!
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-22-07, 01:51 PM   #3
lilcure
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Baby steps, gonna get it working first hehe, though once I get the basic functionality done toggling function calls to other addons as long as I can see how they function will be no big deal at all.

My Interface Portal
08-22-07, 02:34 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Sounds interesting. i personally mainly rely on click casting for healing so staring at bars is definately part of the equation. Though i would be very interested in something like this as just the concept alone and since my other half doesnt try out mods (and this would suit her style nicely) unless ive played with first im certainly looking forward to this.

If you need a guinea pig (aka testers) feel free to let me know.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-23-07, 12:26 PM   #5
lilcure
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I should have a beta post of this ready for tonight. Testing is going VERY well and as far as the messaging portion of it. I already have done where it sends the messages so some other mods.

My Interface Portal
08-27-07, 12:52 PM   #6
lilcure
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Got delayed a few days by work but here's the beta

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=7495
It's also available on wowace.

My Interface Portal
08-27-07, 02:50 PM   #7
lilcure
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Also to keep in mind one of it's dependencies is http://files.wowace.com/SharedMediaL...edMediaLib.zip

My Interface Portal

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » TunnelVision, a mod for healers and the people they love...